Famous argentinian promoter admits GNR reunion

It's happening. How will Axl look when he resurfaces?

I picture an old Axl, big beard, some gray, with his bandana. I don't think he can try to look younger anymore.

I think people can surprise you.
I hope so! Axl showing up with strong vocals is really what I care about

He'd need to be in the best shape of his life.

I've heard stuff from Axl in 2010 that sounds awesome and he didn't seem in particularly great shape back then. That was 5 years ago though

He sounds fantastic here

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

My gut feel is that we'll see Axl, Slash, Duff, Fortus, Dizzy, Chris and Frank as the main band with some guests as and when they want to be there. I dont think it will be 100% reunion for the entire tour but pretty close at times as members change around on stage.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, this changes everything! Some guy said it's happening?? Well why didn't someone just tell me that!? If some guy says it, then I need to start looking into flights & accomodations ASAP.

Can you cover mine too? i'm broke :)

Seriously do you think we'd find out on a forum about something this huge before it's inked on paper and good to go? Lots of legals and plans need worked. I can only imagine.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, this changes everything! Some guy said it's happening?? Well why didn't someone just tell me that!? If some guy says it, then I need to start looking into flights & accomodations ASAP.

To be fair this guy is apparently some big deal Promoter in Argentina not some random Jabroni. Look at who he has promoted in the past. What is his incentive for lying? To rile up some nerds on a GN'R board? Maybe this guy is financially well off and doesn't care about spilling the beans. Since no band members are really talking,confirmation is likely to come from someone with connections to the Industry like this guy or Weiland or Durst.

• Like 1

Another day, another rumour. Who's to say...

It would be interesting how Axl would endorse a reunion tour but still release music he recorded over the past ten/fifteen years. They seem like incapable propositions but I just can't see Axl dropping all that work.

• Like 1

It would be interesting how Axl would endorse a reunion tour but still release music he recorded over the past ten/fifteen years. They seem like incapable propositions but I just can't see Axl dropping all that work.

Doesnt seem like hes doing all that much with it anyways, from where we're sitting.

May as well have Slash,Duff,Izzy and Steven /Matt put a few parts down on it then tour the album in 2017 for the 30th anniversary of AFD. Edited by Subtle Signs

Honestly at this point it's easier to imagine Axl dropping the work from CD. Nobody is really left from those days when he made that music. It's better off kept in a vault. Maybe he would like Slash to sample some of it and come up with a new sound based on the lyrics. I'm sure he's made up his mind at this point, but the way it looks is CD era is done. The music, the band, it's all over.

As far as form from Axl? You gotta think 2006 Axl would be the best all around package for any reunion, but 2010 would definitely be fine. I think the only thing we know for sure is that Axl will be much different when we see him next

Doesnt seem like hes doing all that much with it anyways, from where we're sitting.

From the little that I know and understand, there is a lot of activity happening, it's just little is communicated to the outside world.

May as well have Slash,Duff,Izzy and Steven /Matt put a few parts down on it then tour the album in 2017 for the 30th anniversary of AFD.

There's an idea!

Honestly at this point it's easier to imagine Axl dropping the work from CD. Nobody is really left from those days when he made that music. It's better off kept in a vault. Maybe he would like Slash to sample some of it and come up with a new sound based on the lyrics. I'm sure he's made up his mind at this point, but the way it looks is CD era is done. The music, the band, it's all over.

As far as form from Axl? You gotta think 2006 Axl would be the best all around package for any reunion, but 2010 would definitely be fine. I think the only thing we know for sure is that Axl will be much different when we see him next

Not disagreeing that the concept Axl had envisioned many years ago looks like a done deal from our vantage point, I'm still not convinced he's willing to let all that music lay by the way side. Who knows how involved Slash is, if he's involved at all. Perhaps he can throw down some guitar solos or riffs to already complete songs, but I'd be shocked if the next time we hear from Axl he announces that all the material he's worked on for the past twenty years is being shelved.

No

Seems odd. Two band members have recently quit. Tons of talk about a reunion. 2016 was suppose to be a big year. Fernando graced us with his presence and said he would have news in a couple months.

But nothing at all about what is going on?

No

Seems odd. Two band members have recently quit. Tons of talk about a reunion. 2016 was suppose to be a big year. Fernando graced us with his presence and said he would have news in a couple months.

But nothing at all about what is going on?

I don't think it really suprises you, Apollo, does it? :lol:

• Like 2

I'm the biggest septic about a reunion, but i put my money on that if Daniel Grinbank says so.

I'm the biggest septic about a reunion, but i put my money on that if Daniel Grinbank says so.

Really, it's like that?

To be fair this guy is apparently some big deal Promoter in Argentina not some random Jabroni. Look at who he has promoted in the past. What is his incentive for lying? To rile up some nerds on a GN'R board? Maybe this guy is financially well off and doesn't care about spilling the beans. Since no band members are really talking,confirmation is likely to come from someone with connections to the Industry like this guy or Weiland or Durst.

Fair enough. I guess it just seems like everyday someone "in the know" is claiming this is happening.

He's been doing that for many years.

Time to mention the sunk cost fallacy again...

Edited by Chuzeville