The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Chinese Democracy came out to the world...no masterpiece..no nuthin....you just waiting to be disappointed again.

GNR = AXL SLASH DUFF IZZY.

I totally disagree. I was happy as a lark to hear CD songs live in concert. And I truly believe with proper promotion some of those songs could have been huge hits. When Velvet Revolver first launched they put a song in The Incredible Hulk movie which was aimed at the youth market. It would have been better to put a song in a superhero type movie than a political thriller like Body of Lies.

• Like 1

Chinese Democracy came out to the world...no masterpiece..no nuthin....you just waiting to be disappointed again.

I totally disagree. I was happy as a lark to hear CD songs live in concert. And I truly believe with proper promotion some of those songs could have been huge hits. When Velvet Revolver first launched they put a song in The Incredible Hulk movie which was aimed at the youth market. It would have been better to put a song in a superhero type movie than a political thriller like Body of Lies.

Promotion....yeah well we are talking about Axl here, yeah some songs could have been bigger, I do recommend some songs to people who like GNR and all, I just see some of the songs and good songs and not GNR songs, its better to take a positive route and not always negative. Not trying to be a creep, but you do look beautiful if thats you, its hard to believe that beautiful girl would be a weirdo, No offense lol.

Now back on the topic, IF this reunion happens, then well I would like to see the original line up and yeah they can throw some CD songs here and there.

Promotion....yeah well we are talking about Axl here, yeah some songs could have been bigger, I do recommend some songs to people who like GNR and all, I just see some of the songs and good songs and not GNR songs, its better to take a positive route and not always negative. Not trying to be a creep, but you do look beautiful if thats you, its hard to believe that beautiful girl would be a weirdo, No offense lol.

Now back on the topic, IF this reunion happens, then well I would like to see the original line up and yeah they can throw some CD songs here and there.

That is really nice of you. I am not as weird as people think. Just an over the top Axl Rose fan.Who worships the ground Seth MacFarlane walks on.

Whatever incarnation of GNR we see in the future whether it's in 2016 or 2017 I hope to hear CD classics and CD 2

The Hulks Come on Come In by VR is straight up Rock n Roll...the roots of GNR.

I disagree that CD songs live where good...Axl could almost never nail Shacklers when it as played..they tried Scrapped but failed to get it right. The only decent songs live were Madagascar and CD.

Ultimately anyone has the right to work or put out as much or as little as they want. We get frustrated about Axl not doing what he should or shouldn't, some people get really worked up about it. It really is his choice.

Izzy could make more of an effort. I could say Slash should get back with VR because I prefer that. Oasis should reform, Faith No More need to put out more albums.

Axl can be frustrating. But I'd like to know the reasoning behind why certain things don't happen. But at the end of the day I like a lot of music and artists. So I'm not hurting for music. I've got a bunch of rock cds. I appreciate someone like Axl trying to do something special. I don't need another generic rock album. I got a bunch of those. I feel like Axl will deliver eventually. If not, no biggie.

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

But most of people were.

I appreciate someone like Axl trying to do something special. I don't need another generic rock album. I got a bunch of those. I feel like Axl will deliver eventually.

If the music was good, it would already have been released.

Gilby says Well, you know what? I hope it happens. I honestly have no information, but I hope it happens. I think it's great for music, it's great for rock music. It was a great band. Everybody's alive, healthy. It should happen."

I thought not to make another thread about this, so im posting it here.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/gilby-clarke-on-guns-n-roses-reunion-it-should-happen/

OK, so obviously Gilby hasn't been invited to the reunion, which is disappointing but not surprising. I'll say though, its nice to finally hear someone talking. Gives me hope that cause Steven, Sorum, and Izzy aren't that maybe they're involved in some way. I trust Gilby saying he hasn't heard anything, and his speaking at all is just nice.

EMO, if thats you in the pic you're pretty hot.

It is me, and that is very kind of you to say. It was a little intimidating to stand next to someone as devastatingly handsome as Misha.

I'm not saying that it has been a waste of time, but that Axl is perceived as having fired Gilby, Matt snd forced everyone out to go his own way with GNR. Then after CD isn't as successful as hoped he gets all the old guys back to save his career.

Are you saying that's not how it will be perceived?

I'm just assuming that it will be something like that, and how will Axl deal or feel about that?

Whereas with the hybrid thing its more like still progressing with some of the old guys returning to right some wrongs.

I thibk Axl will always be viewed as some sort of Anti-hero no matter what he does. I would hope that he could remain true to himself and not let the haters get him down too much.

That's how I feel about DJ as well. Hopefully he stays true to himself and doesn't let the haters get him down. Do you feel the same way about artists/entertainers that you've bad mouthed on here? Or do you think we should be able to bad mouth any celeb that isn't Axl?

As for Axl being the anti-hero. Isn't that just rhetoric by the fans that defend everything that Axl does?

First - every artist will have detractors. No artist in the history of the world has had 100% fan and media approval.

Second - tomorrow Axl gives an update on the status of GnR. Then does a full length interview with Rolling Stone where he honestly talks about his entire career.

Just in time for Christmas, GnR releases an 8 song EP featuring the remaining/leftover CD songs.

Also on the GnR webpage they make the ten best old concerts available for download for a couple bucks apiece. Pick the 10 best shows GnR has ever done spamming their entire existence and make them available for fans.

Then in the summer of 2016 GnR releases a brand new album written by Axl, Izzy, Slash and Duff.

To support that album the band tours the world for the next two years. Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Sorum/Adler are the band. Gilby is also involved to give Izzy time off. And Sorum and Adler split the drumming duties.

Make pro shoot footsge of those concerts available for the fans. Some bands already do this.

For Christmas of 2017 GnR releases a box set.

Studio versions of old material like crash diet, just another Sunday, etc

Concert DVD from reunion tour

DVD featuring lost Illusions behind the scenes footage

Greatest hits CD with the songs remastered. Plus three new songs.

Axl's autobiography

If that was Axl's next two years do you really think GnR fans would be bashing him??????

Axl could easily be more loved and respected in the music industry.

I don't think it is fair to label people as haters when Axl has chosen to out himself in a position to draw scorn and negativity. Don't blame the fans for his actions - or lack of actions.

This is the most reasonable senario I've heard,man which sadly knowing GN'R they won't go with it and we get Hybrid GN'R instead. :blink:

Oh are we taking bets on the day? It's a shame we don't have fake points or even money to bet :P

I'll actually bet it gets announced on Black Friday. Just seems fitting.. Slash tour will be over, doubt they announce it on thanksgiving. It could be Wednesday but idk, I'll say Friday

How many of you are nervous about a Europe show with all this ISIS stuff? I would rather go to South America now.

I wouldn't be worried. It could really happen anywhere. Europe is just the latest. You never know.

In all honesty, ISIS tries to bomb a Guns N Roses show, I seriously think the band would go, guns ablazin, and kill every last motherfucker. You don't mess with this (Appetite lineup) band.

Get that guy out of here! Are you listening to me mr security man? That guy right there!

Well... Thanks to the lame ass security, I'm going home!

I personally doubt that they announce it anytime soon. What for? They both like their peace, especially Axl. Once they announce it, everone will go crazy. Tickets, I believe, will sell within weeks so there's no real reason to announce it until well into next year.

I personally doubt that they announce it anytime soon. What for? They both like their peace, especially Axl. Once they announce it, everone will go crazy. Tickets, I believe, will sell within weeks so there's no real reason to announce it until well into next year.

If they are playing a bunch of festivals, then they will announce it early and yeah well the tickets will be sky high.

So.... everyone still thinks this is happening? Have I missed something official apart from the fact that Slash said he's no longer arch enemies with Axl which led to some rumours about a "reunion" tour?

Sorry, couldn't be bothered reading through all the pages - thanks!

So.... everyone still thinks this is happening? Have I missed something official apart from the fact that Slash said he's no longer arch enemies with Axl which led to some rumours about a "reunion" tour?

Reports say that people "close" to the involved have confirmed that they are reuniting and also that they will tour next year. And oh yeah, Nikki Sixx says so, too.

Reports say that people "close" to the involved have confirmed that they are reuniting and also that they will tour next year. And oh yeah, Nikki Sixx says so, too.

The conspiracy theorist in me still wonders if some of these so called insiders were just planted rumours to stir up reunion specualtions that spread like a ultra virulent airborne virus in this age of the internet and social media. I remember in Wall Street that Michael Douglass character really did a lot of behind the scenes manipulation to get his insider trader schemes going. there are a lot of people in the industry who would stand to make a lot of money off a GNR reunion.. and I'm not talking about the artists and the musicians.

• Like 1

Mods with a sense of humour? Surely not!

I used to help admin a GNR site back in the day. Believe me, there is a sense of humour. But surely not on every community.

Chinesedemocracyforum? Lol I certainly do remember that crazy place! My only time being a mod and a supermod iirc

You were a damn good one too.