The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

If Musicians do one thing, its PERFORM. You don't lose it or get over the idea, sometimes you need a break but that music is always there with you. The reason Izzy only guested was because he didn't want to step on the toes of the then current GNR members. The reason he didn't join Velvet Revolver is because he wanted to sing and not deal with an ego driven singer and the others wanted a more versatile singer than Izzy. Izzy is totally down to tour and be apart of this. He said himself that he's gotten a bad rap for the touring thing and its not true, I posted that 24 year old video because that's when people started to say he doesn't like to tour at the same time he said he has no problem touring.

Performing and touring are not the same thing.

The stress, the pressure of TOURING can be pretty intimidating, specially if you're doing it with 4-5 other people... even more if you don't get along very well with them. Hanging out with the same guys, seeing their faces every day, coping with shit that you don't like or agree with...

Who knows, maybe now that they're all sober and can arrange touring in a way that fits everyone (everyone gets their own room, they even might get their own bus if they want to, etc) the chances of getting fed up with it and fucking it all up are reduced to a minimum, but it is all speculation.

It's funny how you talk about Izzy and why he did what he did and why he didn't do what he didn't do, and how he feels about things as if you knew him, or as if he had told you, or as if you could read his mind, when all you know is as much as anyone else here: a couple comments he said in 1992 and 2008.

Tell me more about how many world tours you've been on? I know plenty of bands that tour all the time and love every show, it boils down to management not over booking & wearing the band out, in that case GNR better get a good manager or problems will arise.

There will be no problem for anyone in any line up of GNR touring and yes I know every one in the bands history. I'll even bet that Axl won't be more than 10-15 minutes late on top of it as a side bet. Things are different now, its a new ballgame the circumstances surrounding why they are playing are different, it'll be close to 1986 all over again with the new found love everyone will have found for GNR, they are no longer a band with their back against the wall, they don't need to prove shit to nobody because we've all had almost 30 years for them to sink into our veins. As long as the band itself stays professional between eachother, they'll only gain respect and performances will be amazing as a result.

Also the people saying Steven won't be reliable is pretty hilarious, Steve can be a fuck up and has been a fuck up, but he won't piss away his last chance now that its actually staring him in the face and he can and WILL be good enough to play in front of 80,000 people...that's coming from a guy who thinks that Matt should get the call to drum overall. My confidence in Steven to play even 50 dates is 100%, hell I'd have him drum for my band with not a single worry, he'd probably be more prompt than us.

If Steven doesn't get to play its for personal reasons, it won't have a single thing to do with his drumming skills.

I'm in the camp who doesn't care who is in the band as long as Axl is on vocals.

But it would be really weird if they added an ex-member of Velvet Revolver and played VR songs live.

Axl wouldn't play his own new songs on the last tour - but would play VR songs on a GnR reunion tour?

That would be pretty hard to believe.

Dave Kushner? Why, man? That makes no fucking sense. I have nothing against him at all, but seriously... why?

A bald guitarist with a bald drummer would be the last thing I would like to see in a GUNS N' ROSES Reunion.

Because you hate bald people, right?

Nope. For me Guns N' Roses was all about Long Hair, I know its 2016 now and not the 80's. Matt has short hair now and it does suits on him, basically Frank and Dave won't fit the GNR image.

One of the worst things about GNR's image in the 90s for me was Matt's poodle perm.

• Like 1

I'm excited to see what Axl tells us on the Kimmel show! Hopefully, for everyone's sake it's at least the reunion is happening and the line-up of the band.

I will admit that I started getting into GNR about 8-10 months ago. Yes you get pick on me "old timers"; seems like some like to pull rank here unfortunately. My 2 cents worth is I would like to have the original 5, and substitute Matt and Gilby if necessary. You think they would notify us if they are doing special original 5 shows/festivals vs. a touring band supporting Axl/Slash/Duff? Allowing us to make the decision which shows we prefer to see as some are suggesting.

Also, I'm wondering where the 25 dates are going to be? Some are probably obvious, but I have not seen anyone really guessing the cities they will preform in. Hopefully, a few will be in the Southeast at least.

Dave Kushner? Why, man? That makes no fucking sense. I have nothing against him at all, but seriously... why?

A bald guitarist with a bald drummer would be the last thing I would like to see in a GUNS N' ROSES Reunion.
Because you hate bald people, right?
Nope. For me Guns N' Roses was all about Long Hair, I know its 2016 now and not the 80's. Matt has short hair now and it does suits on him, basically Frank and Dave won't fit the GNR image.

One of the worst things about GNR's image in the 90s for me was Matt's poodle perm.

but he looks good now and he is the funniest gnr member IMO https://youtu.be/6PjMKLjh008

If Musicians do one thing, its PERFORM. You don't lose it or get over the idea, sometimes you need a break but that music is always there with you. The reason Izzy only guested was because he didn't want to step on the toes of the then current GNR members. The reason he didn't join Velvet Revolver is because he wanted to sing and not deal with an ego driven singer and the others wanted a more versatile singer than Izzy. Izzy is totally down to tour and be apart of this. He said himself that he's gotten a bad rap for the touring thing and its not true, I posted that 24 year old video because that's when people started to say he doesn't like to tour at the same time he said he has no problem touring.

Performing and touring are not the same thing.

The stress, the pressure of TOURING can be pretty intimidating, specially if you're doing it with 4-5 other people... even more if you don't get along very well with them. Hanging out with the same guys, seeing their faces every day, coping with shit that you don't like or agree with...

Who knows, maybe now that they're all sober and can arrange touring in a way that fits everyone (everyone gets their own room, they even might get their own bus if they want to, etc) the chances of getting fed up with it and fucking it all up are reduced to a minimum, but it is all speculation.

It's funny how you talk about Izzy and why he did what he did and why he didn't do what he didn't do, and how he feels about things as if you knew him, or as if he had told you, or as if you could read his mind, when all you know is as much as anyone else here: a couple comments he said in 1992 and 2008.

Tell me more about how many world tours you've been on? I know plenty of bands that tour all the time and love every show, it boils down to management not over booking & wearing the band out, in that case GNR better get a good manager or problems will arise.

There will be no problem for anyone in any line up of GNR touring and yes I know every one in the bands history. I'll even bet that Axl won't be more than 10-15 minutes late on top of it as a side bet. Things are different now, its a new ballgame the circumstances surrounding why they are playing are different, it'll be close to 1986 all over again with the new found love everyone will have found for GNR, they are no longer a band with their back against the wall, they don't need to prove shit to nobody because we've all had almost 30 years for them to sink into our veins. As long as the band itself stays professional between eachother, they'll only gain respect and performances will be amazing as a result.

Also the people saying Steven won't be reliable is pretty hilarious, Steve can be a fuck up and has been a fuck up, but he won't piss away his last chance now that its actually staring him in the face and he can and WILL be good enough to play in front of 80,000 people...that's coming from a guy who thinks that Matt should get the call to drum overall. My confidence in Steven to play even 50 dates is 100%, hell I'd have him drum for my band with not a single worry, he'd probably be more prompt than us.

If Steven doesn't get to play its for personal reasons, it won't have a single thing to do with his drumming skills.

Why should I talk about my life experiences? We're not talking about me here, we're talking about Izzy, and while we're all just guessing if he will be in the band and how things will go through, you talk for him, as if you were his best buddy, or as if you knew the reasons for him to do or not to do things.

Sorry, you're so full of shit and so full of yourself it's hillarious.

One can only wish, and no matter how badly you wish for things to be and go the way you want, that doesn't turn your wishes and guesses into facts.

Xoxo

You're the one who seems to know all about touring my good sir. Why so harsh on me all of a sudden? you mad bro? We have until Tuesday night, Why don't we wager on my opinions we'll do a friendly paypal bet if you feel so inclined to say I'm full of shit, lets put money where the mouth/keyboard is.

One thing is for sure not a God Damn one of us knows whats going on and I admit that, I'm not an insider just a person who is privy to music and being a performer myself, I'm taking those experiences and relating them to my favorite band...its worked well for me thus far. And what we're all here to do is talk & speculate on reasons why we think a certain way, that is the purpose of this forum. I've been a fan of these guys since 91, they were the soundtrack to my life so I probably do know them a little better than some people, most of my predictions about their behavior through the years have come true so with my current opinion I feel I'm riding high on what to expect from them.

PS: If any of you guitar players need an expert on Slash's guitar tone through the years I'm your guy.

Don't know if it's been posted here yet, but the two most recent people Kimmel followed on twitter are Axl and Slash

Hopefully a sign that the two will come out together on stage (no, not that kind of come out)

God that is a ridiculous looking line-up...... Not in a good way....
1992 UYI touring lineup had 11 members. So 8 people would actually be less bloated. Puts me in a good mood just thinking about it! Edited by TOS--LOA
  • Like 1

God that is a ridiculous looking line-up...... Not in a good way....
1992 UYI touring lineup had 11 members. So 8 people would actually be less bloated. Puts me in a good mood just thinking about it!

Axl, Slash, Duff, Fortus, Frank, Dizzy, Tracy, and Roberta. It all makes sense now!

Ugh, so basically a NuGN'R-VR-merge. None of those bands are stadium acts. If I would try and persuade my friends who are interested in music and respect and like old GNR and tell them "well it's going to be eight people and three of them were in the original band" I bet most of them will lose a lot of interest. I think diehards are more obsessed with the Axl/Slash combo than casual fans, they just want to know that they'll get the real deal, like it was in the old days. Considering the extensive touring under the GNR name in the last decade and the fact that slash has been everywhere, that weird lineup is not going to cut it.

• Like 1

Ugh, so basically a NuGN'R-VR-merge. None of those bands are stadium acts. If I would try and persuade my friends who are interested in music and respect and like old GNR and tell them "well it's going to be eight people and three of them were in the original band" I bet most of them will lose a lot of interest. I think diehards are more obsessed with the Axl/Slash combo than casual fans, they just want to know that they'll get the real deal, like it was in the old days. Considering the extensive touring under the GNR name in the last decade and the fact that slash has been everywhere, that weird lineup is not going to cut it.

Most casual fans never saw the original lineup.