The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

If nothing happens this is going to be a let down of Phantom Menace proportions. There are going to be a lot of unhappy people. Generally I've come to expect colossal letdown from gnr so I am certainly equipped for this.

If nothing happens, I think we have finally come to the end of Guns N Roses, and I can't imagine what anyone would continue to care about in terms of being a fan. This is really sink or swim at this point.

• Like 1

Whether the (nugnr) band members have left because there is a reunion in the offing, or whether their defection is merely coincidental with Axl and Slash's rapprochement, it has certainly built up a 'do or die' scenario, the least desirable outcome of which would be Axl simply recruiting a couple of Johnny Randoms and doing the South America-Vegas itinerary again. I just could not imagine him going back to that, but then, I could never have imagined him selling Budweiser or cash-grabbing in Vegas at one point either!

We''ll see...

If nothing happens this is going to be a let down of Phantom Menace proportions. There are going to be a lot of unhappy people. Generally I've come to expect colossal letdown from gnr so I am certainly equipped for this.

If nothing happens, I think we have finally come to the end of Guns N Roses, and I can't imagine what anyone would continue to care about in terms of being a fan. This is really sink or swim at this point.

not for me If they release some of the material ready to go. I just want new music more than anything else.

A reunion would be cool but not as cool as a Bucket/Robin reunion.

Honestly that just supports my conspiracy theory. That somebody in power took Slashs comments as a way to plant rumors that would cause reunion hysteria

Whether the (nugnr) band members have left because there is a reunion in the offing, or whether their defection is merely coincidental with Axl and Slash's rapprochement, it has certainly built up a 'do or die' scenario, the least desirable outcome of which would be Axl simply recruiting a couple of Johnny Randoms and doing the South America-Vegas itinerary again. I just could not imagine him going back to that, but then, I could never have imagined him selling Budweiser or cash-grabbing in Vegas at one point either!

I

We''ll see...

I just don't get the hate for the Budweiser commercial. I thought it was brilliant. And I HATE Budweiser beer. And the residencies were a blast! Vegas and GNR is a great combo. The only problem for me is the cigarette smoke. It made me very ill and I have been given strict medical advice to not attend another residency in Vegas which is a total bummer for me

I can only speak for myself but I found it embarrassing. A cheap nasty and shamefaced bit of cash-grabbing. Same as Johnny Rotten doing a butter commercial, or Iggy Pop flogging car insurance. Vegas is where you go when you are washed-up.

• Like 1

Whether the (nugnr) band members have left because there is a reunion in the offing, or whether their defection is merely coincidental with Axl and Slash's rapprochement, it has certainly built up a 'do or die' scenario, the least desirable outcome of

which would be Axl simply recruiting a couple of Johnny Randoms and doing the South America-Vegas itinerary again. I just could not imagine him going back to that, but then, I could never have

imagined him selling Budweiser or cash-grabbing in Vegas at one point either!

We''ll see...

I really don't get all the hate for the Budweiser commercial .i thought it was brilliant. And I hate Budweiser beer. The residencies were a blast GNR and Vegas are a great combo. The only downside is the cigarette smoke. It made me very ill and I have been given strict medical advice to not attend another residency which is a total bummer for me

"Strange coincidences that might mean it's happening" doesn't equal "ANNOUNCEMENT TUESDAY ZOMG!!!1!11!" which is roughly where this forum is at. I hope I am proved wrong. But spoiler alert:

I won't be.

Isn't it funny how these zealots try and turn everything into a deep clue with secret meaning. It's hilarious to watch.

Obviously something is going on behind the scenes. Negotiations are taking place to see if a Slash and Duff can rejoin GnR. (That isn't a GnR reunion, people).

But the way these people try and turn everything into a clue is hilarious. They are actually quoting a comment from Brandy Glanville as proof. And the fact that Axl isn't talking to the media is proof (must be newcomers to the world of Axl Rose).

The amount of emotion and meaning that two 50-year old men sharing a stage together has to some posters on here is pretty sad.

Odds are it isn't going to happen.

Odds are if it does happen it will be another Frankenstein lineup featuring old and new members.

Odds are it won't be the classic line up

Odds are if there is any sort of old guys rejoining there won't be new music and it's just a group of 50-year-old guys doing a jukebox tour to fund their retirement.

Odds are Realistic that if anybody rejoins the band it would just be Duff.

The odds are slim for a full reunion that includes new music. Hopefully there will be. Who cares about a partial reunion with no music. What's the point.

Hopefully the odds will come through for the FANS. A full reunion and new album.

• Like 1

"Strange coincidences that might mean it's happening" doesn't equal "ANNOUNCEMENT TUESDAY ZOMG!!!1!11!" which is roughly where this forum is at. I hope I am proved wrong. But spoiler alert:

I won't be.

Isn't it funny how these zealots try and turn everything into a deep clue with secret meaning. It's hilarious to watch.

Obviously something is going on behind the scenes. Negotiations are taking place to see if a Slash and Duff can rejoin GnR. (That isn't a GnR reunion, people).

But the way these people try and turn everything into a clue is hilarious. They are actually quoting a comment from Brandy Glanville as proof. And the fact that Axl isn't talking to the media is proof (must be newcomers to the world of Axl Rose).

The amount of emotion and meaning that two 50-year old men sharing a stage together has to some posters on here is pretty sad.

Odds are if it does happen it will be another Frankenstein lineup featuring old and new members.

Odds are if there is any sort of old guys rejoining there won't be new music and it's just a group of 50-year-old guys doing a jukebox tour to fund their retirement.

The odds are slim for a full reunion that includes new music. Hopefully there will be. Who cares about a partial reunion with no music. What's the point.

Hopefully the odds will come through for the FANS. A full reunion and new album.

Seeing as Guns haven't toured the UK for 5 years, any sort of tour/line-up is enough to get me giddy.

Seeing as at least half the AFD/UYI era line-up is close to getting back together (a line-up I was too young to see in their heyday) is a very real possibility, this makes me even giddier.

If you can't get excited by it, you've gotta question why you're even wasting your time on a Guns dedicated forum.

Whether the (nugnr) band members have left because there is a reunion in the offing, or whether their defection is merely coincidental with Axl and Slash's rapprochement, it has certainly built up a 'do or die' scenario, the least desirable outcome of

which would be Axl simply recruiting a couple of Johnny Randoms and doing the South America-Vegas itinerary again. I just could not imagine him going back to that, but then, I could never have

imagined him selling Budweiser or cash-grabbing in Vegas at one point either!

We''ll see...

I really don't get all the hate for the Budweiser commercial .i thought it was brilliant. And I hate Budweiser beer. The residencies were a blast GNR and Vegas are a great combo. The only downside is the cigarette smoke. It made me very ill and I have been given strict medical advice to not attend another residency which is a total bummer for me

The hate is because the diehard core group of Axl fans like to say that Everything Axl does is based on "integrity" and love of his art. And conversely Slash has NO integrity and everything he does is for money and fame.

Slash does a commerical - he has no integrity and doesn't care about his art.

Axl does a commerical ............

Slash still gets ridiculed for playing Ribfest. Axl plays a frigging wedding and his fans justify it. If slash played a wedding he would be crucified on these GnR forums. Ribfest is a charity event that raises money for those effected by domestic violence, by the way. But playing a wedding shows integrity. Raising money for abused children - no integrity.

BUT of course this is all before the last two weeks when Slash was still hated by a large group of posters on the forums. Now, for some reason, those same people love the Slash.

So that's why.

Axl die hard fans hold Slash and Axl to a different standard.

Nothing wrong with Axl doing a commerical and making some money. But don't bash Slash for doing the same thing.

• Like 1

Honestly that just supports my conspiracy theory. That somebody in power took Slashs comments as a way to plant rumors that would cause reunion hysteria

I'm not sure I buy a conspiracy theory but there could be a bit of self fulfilling prophecy going on. Slash mentions that him and Axl are cool with each other, the fan base goes a bit nuts, promotors decide now would be a good time for renewed reunion pitches, the media gets wind of it, rumours start, the fanbase and casuals become even more interested, Axl, Slash and Duff think well if there's this much interest maybe we should look into it seriously.

Alternatively it could turn out to be more smoke than fire.

EDIT : Hidden some posts, please discuss the topic not other members.

• Like 1

If you can't get excited by it, you've gotta question why you're even wasting your time on a Guns dedicated forum.

I never question my hobbies nor do I refer to them as a "waste of time". Thatg being said, I am definitely not here because I want to see a pathetic cash-grab reunion. I am here because I have been a fan of the band since 1988 and I am intereste din all periods of the band, I also enjoyed CD, the last tours, and are interesting in what is to come in the future -- hopefully it will be new music.

BUT of course this is all before the last two weeks when Slash was still hated by a large group of posters on the forums. Now, for some reason, those same people love the Slash.

Please stop posting this same thing as all it does is derail threads.

If you believe this and want to have a discussion about it, feel free to make a thread in the Civil War section.

• Like 4

I won't be.

Seeing as Guns haven't toured the UK for 5 years, any sort of tour/line-up is enough to get me giddy.

Seeing as at least half the AFD/UYI era line-up is close to getting back together (a line-up I was too young to see in their heyday) is a very real possibility, this makes me even giddier.

I've seen Axl and Slash on stage together in their prime.

I prefer to see artists create music together. That excites me more than seeing old dudes doing a jukebox tour for cash.

I'm an adult. Seeing a rock band doesn't make me giddy.

I've seen a hundred concerts. Seeing one more isn't going to change my life. A two hour show is fun and a good time. But that's all it is. A couple hours of fun. An album gives you a life time of enjoyment.

You don't get to decide what level if excitement we must have to post here.

I won't be.

I prefer to see artists create music together. That excites me more than seeing old dudes doing a jukebox tour for cash.

I've seen a hundred concerts. Seeing one more isn't going to change my life. A two hour show is fun and a good time. But that's all it is. A couple hours of fun. An album gives you a life time of enjoyment.

Yeah because if Axl and Slash come to your hometown you wont go to see them

• Like 1

I won't be.

But neither do you. You're projecting your own experiences onto others just as much as _Patience_.

I'll speak for myself, but I never got to see Axl and Slash on the same stage together. I had tickets during the Metallica/GNR tour, but after the Montreal riot, my parents prevented me from going (which, considering I was only 12, was probably the right call considering what just went down in Montreal). So seeing Axl and Slash on the same stage would be a huge thrill. I remember freaking out back in 2006 when Izzy walked on stage at the Hammerstein show I was attending.

Just because someone gets giddy about a concert doesn't make them less of an adult. That's a rather arbitrary judgement. The same could be said with respect to your views on a new album. Isn't it a relative proposition? I'm not saying that _Patience_ is correct with his/her judgement, but it's kind of silly to accuse someone of making judgemental statements towards others and then doing the exact same thing to them.

• Like 1

Slash is still refusing to answer any Guns N' Roses reunion questions.

From a new interview a few days ago in Poland.

http://www.antyradio.pl/Newsy/Wywiady/Slash-Jestem-kapitanem-tego-statku-5142

For anyone curious about what it says, this is what my computer translated the article to say:

"You are missing on our part have any questions about the possibility of the return of Guns N 'Roses? Well, as a service Aantyradio.pl wanted to ask Slash, but the artist refused to comment to us on how to put its relationship with Axl Rosem and whether he would again stand next to him and the rest of the form colleagues on stage. Earlier in statements quoted saying that peace with Axl, and that the return of Guns N 'Roses would be a lot of fun."

That is verbatim what it said. Maybe there's a better translation out there, but this was word for word what my computer translated it to, misspellings of Axl's name and all.

Do people really feel like this is gonna happen? I hope so. But really? Come on now. Even if it was booked, there's like a 50/50 chance it doesn't happen.

Personally, I find it doubtful as well. Seriously, look at the Rolling Stones articles about 5 reasons why or why not. Look at the 50 Wildest Moments article. Its incredibly obvious why this band broke up, and shocking that it didn't happen sooner. You read it and think "right, this is why it will NEVER happen." I so want these rumors to be true, but read those articles and the best I can do is just set myself for disappointment. Cause it would make so much more sense NOT to happen.

My fingers are crossed though. People seem extremely hopeful.

I mean, honestly. What's more likely? That Axl Rose is working out really hard, practicing singing, locked in a studio working on songwriting, and rehearsing collaboratively with a band?

Or that Axl Rose can now license and market GNR to no end, now that he and Slash and Duff are all business-friendly again?

Let's get serious, for the love of god!

Also, i forgot to include in my thread about the Guns N' Roses tatoo that Slash got done on his arm to cover Perla's.

http://gnrtruth.proboards.com/thread/3880/slash-covers-perlita-tattoo-revolver

Tattoing someone, especially a girlfriend/ boyfriend, wife and so on... is the dumbest thing someone can do to his/her own body that doesn't involve gauging ears and the likes of it.

• Like 1

Guys, this is it, love or hate the new band,or old band.This is the last chance gnr has before its over.. I hope to god tb is getting axl ready, this is the time to pull out the rasp, look, ect. I have full confidence in how slash is playing having seen him in providence in sept. Please let this be a redemption and be the most kick ass thing rock has seen in 20 years. Can you imagine just the feeling you will have to a concert where you hear the opening to jungle and the the light goes on slash belts it out with the light on him..... and then a cool axl belts out "do you know where the fuck you are?" I almost passed out just from typing that..

Edited by mr. ritz88
  • Like 2