The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Slash's songwriting on his latest album has convinced me that his guitar riffs combined with Axl's lyrics, voice, additions and quality control would make a new GNR record one of the best rock albums of the last 10 years

LA

Edited by LA_0013

Well, (as a fan) Axl's GNR has been an embarrassment since 09 and I'm not sure I could really argue on solid ground that the whole post Slash era hasn't been either.

At least the dark days of #demented are over, what an insult to the Guns N Roses name that was.

I was very excited about Chinese Democracy and all that, but I'm very much in the reunion or bust camp and have been since 09.

I really hope it happens, I have little faith in this particular website but it really needs to happen.

After hiring #demented, I have little to no confidence in Axl's draft picks, but if the great one hires a bunch of even more generic dudes with even less prestige than the guys who they replaced again I wouldn't be surprised.

Unfortunately it is correct when it is said that Guns N' Roses are a legacy act and these things (reunions) tend to be geared towards casual people watching the mega hits. Axl has released one album in twenty plus years and plays the hits in Vegas on his own terms (i.e. with his new band); what evidence is there to suggest he will have a sudden volte-face, prioritising new material now that Slash and co. have returned? Essentially Axl already became a greatest hits act before reuniting. Reuniting would just compound an already pre-existing situation, racketing up the cash and expectations at stake.

Well I hope I am wrong there and Slash does make Axl rediscover his long lost muse.

• Like 1

I do think this is a situation where there is smoke there is fire. I mean wouldn't this increasing topic of a reunion with Axl's archenemy turned new found friend Slash of been shut down by now if there was no truth to it ? I feel like as of this moment something is going down, the bigger question is what will this all entail ? If it's only a reunion tour in it's final totality then that is really going to hurt Axl's legacy (and be lame) albeit also gaining Axl's rep a bit for supposedly squashing beef.

I can imagine it a lot of different ways but who the hell will be in this reincarnation of the band lol this band is so convoluted ? It's simpler if its just a reunion tour but if they want to create more music idk what this band will be like.

Edited by amacfantasy
  • Like 1

First reunion show in Brazil sounds more than realistic - these guys will go crazy there - hope they make a DVD of it. Also the festival shows in europe sound good - but i hope they also do some stadium shows in between I wonder what the US will get - will the buzz be big enough to do a full blown US tour or just some selected dates?

Regarding new music: I expect a new best of CD (as alle the members never been happy with the one released from the record company) + 1 or 2 new songs

If it isn't true then it is really time to shoot it down. These rumous can't be good for anyone unless they are true...

Yeah, this.

I think I've almost reached peak can't stand this no more. Concrete statement one way or the other please.

If it's a negative I want Towelie to pose for a Daily Mail sad face article with a picture of Prince in one hand and Axl in the other. :lol:

• Like 2

I don't think this is a negative for Axl's GNR, people will probably think Salsh is back in the band and go to the next Vegas residency not realising the band is made up of guys from D grade nu metal bands.

Wouldn't it be funny if Axl set this thing up like 'reunion reunion reunion!', got all the ticket sales in and everything, set up a gig and then it's like, Ladies and Gentleman....DJ Ashba and Robin Finck are BACK! :lol:

• Like 2

I don't think this is a negative for Axl's GNR, people will probably think Salsh is back in the band and go to the next Vegas residency not realising the band is made up of guys from D grade nu metal bands.

Wouldn't it be funny if Axl set this thing up like 'reunion reunion reunion!', got all the ticket sales in and everything, set up a gig and then it's like, Ladies and Gentleman....DJ Ashba and Robin Finck are BACK! :lol:
Yeah that would be hilarious

I'm leaning more towards fact than fiction at this point. In the 19 years since Slash left the band, reunion rumors have never been reported to this extent in the media. Even the HOF was more about speculation and hope on the part of fans than any source promising of a possible reunion. I believe this would have been shot down right after Slash's statement that they were talking months ago. The last time Slash mentioned he just attempted to talk to Axl, a scathing press release was quickly issued in an attempt to discredit him and cause friction with his band, VR, at the time. That didn't happen this go around. Nothing about Myles being spineless or anything like that, so I'd say its promising.

New music would be cool. Of course! But I'm less hopeful of that than seeing the classic lineup on stage again. While Slash has stayed true to his blusey rock Guns roots, Axl went all CD in an experiment that went horribly wrong. Hopefully he got that shit out of his system and saw the error of his ways. If not then they're back to where they left off over 2 decades ago. But hey, seeing those guys on stage together again is still worth the price of admission. I'll take it.

At least we're not alone in all this speculation, reading some music press an almost identical situation seems to be playing out with Oasis. Exactly same pattern - rumours of the brothers making peace, cryptic tweets, festival promoters dropping 2016 hints, articles about rumours gaining momentum. Perhaps they share Guns PR people!

If it isn't true then it is really time to shoot it down. These rumous can't be good for anyone unless they are true...

Yeah, this.

I think I've almost reached peak can't stand this no more. Concrete statement one way or the other please.

If it's a negative I want Towelie to pose for a Daily Mail sad face article with a picture of Prince in one hand and Axl in the other. :lol:

You saddist. :lol:

• Like 2