Are Axl's "no shows" exagerrated?

I mean everywhere i read there's those people bashing Axl for doesn't show up or cancel the show in last minute. Of course i know alot of shows did not start on time BUT "people" on different comment sections on various forums/facebook complain about this so much that it sounds like he is late EVERY show or cancel every now and then. But then again people seem tho get stuck in the 90's and don't realise people change over time..

And people seem to forget all the good things he brought to the music industry.. Hate all the negativity and cruel bashing that's all. :thumbsdown:

For me personally.. i really don't care wether Axl are on time or 10,20,40 minutes late when i get to see one of the greatest singers/rockers of all time. :headbang:

Axl gets an very undeserved bad reputation because of these so-called fans.. I really don't get why people tend to be so mean. 90% of all news feed on GN'R that circulate on Facebook has comments from those guys that only complain and call him a idiot. Hate that :P

But i Guess it's like you said Gunner55.. Fans know what to expect.

Yeah, it's annoying at the time, but I honestly don't give that much of a fuck. And neither should none of you, seriously. I mean, it's fucking 2023 already, if you go to an Axl concert thinking it will start on time, your problem. It's part of the package.

Edited by ManetsBR

Many people work hard, they have kids to feed, complaining wives etc etc. Those people save money to buy a ticket for their favorite artist which is Axl Rose in this case. Money doesn't grows on trees.

Many people travel from another city by bus/plane/car.

If Axl shows 3 hours late and the last train leaves at 12.30 am, then the person has to wait for 5 to 6 hours to catch the first train in the morning. IT IS NOT FAIR.

A Fan as every right to Bash Axl in this case.

• Like 1

Many people work hard, they have kids to feed, complaining wives etc etc. Those people save money to buy a ticket for their favorite artist which is Axl Rose in this case. Money doesn't grows on trees.

Many people travel from another city by bus/plane/car.

If Axl shows 3 hours late and the last train leaves at 12.30 am, then the person has to wait for 5 to 6 hours to catch the first train in the morning. IT IS NOT FAIR.

A Fan as every right to Bash Axl in this case.

I get your point.. But he doesen't deserve to be called all those horrible things because of that.. I don't think as a "fan" you have the rights to call another person "fuckhead" "or worthless pice of shit" etc because of a late show..

First show isaw i traveled over 1.000 Km. Sat on my ass outside the venue for almost 30 hours to get in front. Had the greatest time of my life.. Yes Axl started the show maybe 40-60 minutes late but who cares. That's just my opinion. My point is people are waaay to mean.

Edited by estranged_85

If I travel to another city, spend so much money on tickets, he comes 3 hours late or cancels the show, then I have all the right to call him a fuck head. Don't think im saying cause you think im a Slash fan, If Slash or any artist did the same thing, I would have called them too.

well i don't care if you were a Slash fan or Axl fan.. hate that "pick side thing" some people argue about.. Well it seems like we got a different way of treating people then :)

I would certainly be dissapointed if no show occured.. But i don't like this bashing thing.. I don't have the need to call someone a fuck head to tell the artist that i am dissapointed.

haha hope you guys can bare with my bad grammar... :)

Btw even I travelled to another city to see Axl and his band, I had the money, so I took a flight, booked a hotel for a night, he was 3 hours late, but I had booked a ticket in the seating area, I have back problems, but I did enjoy the show.

After the show I did hang around with the band members and all of them were nice except for Tommy.

It was a nice experience, but there are people who keep on saving for months and they do deserve better.

I don't know if this reunion thing is going to happen or not, but even for that I will have to travel to another city, over the years a person has other responsibilities too, so I will have to save money for months and then if there is a no show, then it will be very disappointing.

So always look from both the sides, not just Axl's.

The no shows are based on the tour in the American leg that got canceled due to Axl being wanted for inciting a riot.

Police were literally waiting on him at their next shows, instead they just flew to Europe and did that leg of the tour.

I'm pretty sure that's what it was or how I remember that going down. Very few people would leave a show Axl was late to. I guess it was part of the excitement of seeing guns, but I get how it's annoying so idk what to tell those that like it or hate it.

I know Axl was bitter at that time that nobody was concerned about his voice, health, relationship, his discovery of abuse as a child, so he said he felt used and that reflected in how much he cared about showing up on time. He wasn't going to be a convenience for anyone that wasn't going to care about him. Selfish maybe, but I think it's important to remember Axl was very sensitive to things like this and showing up late was a choice, not a lifestyle issue.

I don't think it is exaggerated. It was one thing to do it back in the day but not now.. I don't even know if he still does.. I stopped really following him shortly after the new line up came out. Didn't he not show up for the first and last show of the first CD tour causing riots? I know I was at the Boston show in 2002 and he didn't come out until 11:30 pm on a Monday night. That sucked... They shut the beer off at like 9 and everyone sat around with their thumbs in their asses for almost 3 hours waiting... If they waited at all. It is one thing at a club or something where the drinks are flowing all night but not at an Arena... So yeah I think his reputation was earned.. This was a pattern that started back in the day and almost all his past band mates have commented on it at one point or another. It isn't likely that they were all making up stories.

• Like 2

I don't know if this reunion thing is going to happen or not, but even for that I will have to travel to another city, over the years a person has other responsibilities too, so I will have to save money for months and then if there is a no show, then it will be very disappointing.

I too have to travel a long way.. live high up north in Sweden.. they only have big concerts in Stockholm (capitol of Swe) or Gothenburg. and that's about 1.000-1400 km from home. But if a reunion happen i would travel across the world just to see them perform together :D better hope for a succesfull show on time then =)

Axl doesn't no-show. He starts shows around midnight, and it's not his fault that the promoters refused to schedule shows accordingly. I don't think he has ever hidden the ball on that. The UCAP tour, they finally just put 10pm opening acts on the tickets, and it was perfect. Openers on at 10, off at 10:45, Guns on stage by 11:30.

People's biological rhythms are different. We know that Axl is a night owl. It makes sense that he would rather start a show at midnight than at 8 or 9, and it doesn't make much sense that shows were scheduled for as early as they were.

How can something like that be exaggerated?

Axl has pulled a LOT of shit on his fans. 95% of it rolls off my back, but I completely understand how most people are angered by it.

Agreed. Ultimately, he only hurts his own show with this behavior. The last show I saw was Atlanta in 2011. Guns N' Roses did not take the stage until 11:00. I enjoyed the show immensely, but so many people got fed up from waiting between Buckcherry and GN'R that they just left. I heard a lot of "I'll never pay money for this again" on the way out. I worked at Live Nation at the time, so I knew that the show (which was at large arena) was already selling so miserably that the venue shut off the upper sections and re-routed ticket holders to the main level. The official excuse was "water damages" on the upper level. So, to begin with, the venue was (at best) 2/3 full. By the time the band got to "Live and Let Die" I'd estimate another 1/3 had left By the time "Paradise City" started the audience was pathetically thin.

Edited by themadcaplaughs

I'm an adult. I have a career and a life. I have responsibilities. I enjoy my life, because I worked hard on it.

So, I would not buy a ticket if Axl were consistently late on whatever hypothetical tour we're talking about. I mean, let alone no-shows, I won't even stand for late starts.

His time is not more valuable to me than my own time.

And if you feel Axl's time is more valuable to you than your own time, then I suggest you take a hard look at your life and try to figure out where it went so wrong.

• Like 1

Axl gets an very undeserved bad reputation because of these so-called fans.. I really don't get why people tend to be so mean. 90% of all news feed on GN'R that circulate on Facebook has comments from those guys that only complain and call him a idiot. Hate that :P

But i Guess it's like you said Gunner55.. Fans know what to expect.

Yes, I'm sorry about leaving those comments.