GUNS N' ROSES TO PLAY COACHELLA APRIL 2016 - CONFIRMED!

What the fuck is everyone's problem and all this shit about promotion and whatnot?

First off, nothing else has been announced in terms of dates and everything. Coachella is going to sell out regardless and it's going to get a lot more coverage whenever the shows come around.

If/when am actual tour is announced, I'm fairly certain there will be plenty of promotion for the band and tour, and by then we'll likely know who is touring for sure (even though Slash and Duff should be enough for people to not complain, but oh well).

Nothing has been handled poorly. Coachella announced their stuff last night and GnR, Slash and Duff all posted the corresponding pictures to go along with it and it's been made more than obvious who the main members in the band are - the ones people have been clamoring to have back for years.

But it seems the only people not clamouring are Axl, Slash & Duff. One grudging tweet from the first, and not a word from the others. Imagine - just imagine - if Axl were to say something like "I'm thrilled to have slash back in gnr, he was integral to the band's sound". Or if slash said "Amazing to be back in guns with one of the best frontmen of all time".

Reposting the cochella line-up like it's no big deal is about as understated as it gets.

I think it's more of them toying with it than them not caring. Perhaps they want to save any interaction for a future interview or ya know, being on the stage together?

I think one of the main issues here is titmans actions. All respect to fortus, he's staying completely out of the limelight, leaving that to Slash/Axl/Duff, whereas pitman is putting himself out there as if he's an essential element. NOBODY GIVES A FUCK ABOUT YOU. Same goes for Frank, they should have at least kept quiet like fortus, and count their lucky stars they managed to end up in guns N'Roses.

• Like 1

the main reason i wanted to see kimmel was to see what kind of shape axl is in.

I think anyone that is a member here just wants to see the man talk and interact haha. Axl has 3 months to be whatever he wants to be. We will see what that is...

I have faith.

Duff is a smart man. Money wise. Business wise. If he sees something that doesn't add up, I think he will take care of it.

And more so, I think he's discovered the importance and dynamics of human interaction. I think he's the one guy who can pull Axl away from it all and say, "Slash and I are here man. We can figure this out together!"

If there's a problem, Duff has the sense now to drag them (Slash, Axl) into a room and figure out shit together.

The Kimmell thing is just an unforced error.

I think people were hoping for a more professional operation for the reunion, and it just seems like more of the same disorganization and disappointments so far with Axl continuing to be the weak link of the operation on so many fronts.

• Like 2

Yeah, I really can't understand why people are complaining right now. Let them at least actually fuck something up before you start. Everything is smooth so far (Kimmel appearance is absolutely irrelevant).

I wouldn't go that far. Axl has a very negative reputation for not showing up, leaving early, etc. and the Kimmel thing is going to make people very skeptical that this Coachella show will even happen. People don't trust him and the Kimmel thing makes it easy to be very skeptical.

Kimmel appearance was never confirmed, and we don't know that it wasn't out of Axl's hands (Coachella gag orders, etc).

I have faith.

Duff is a smart man. Money wise. Business wise. If he sees something that doesn't add up, I think he will take care of it.

And more so, I think he's discovered the importance and dynamics of human interaction. I think he's the one guy who can pull Axl away from it all and say, "Slash and I are here man. We can figure this out together!"

If there's a problem, Duff has the sense now to drag them (Slash, Axl) into a room and figure out shit together.

Would hope so, but I agree with others that the press release was pretty ridiculous. Put Axl on a pedestal above the other two and that is not right. I guess that's the way it goes though when you sign over the rights to the name. But we'll see about that pedestal when they get on stage together and Slash/Duff kick ass while Axl sounds like 100 year old Mickey Mouse.

I'm interested how much Slash and Axl have talked, where they talked, when they talked... I'm also interested what Axl feels about his demented crusade up until 2014, I respected that vision a lot more than this 180, I would respect it more if he stopped touring after 2011 cause it was clear his fire for pursuing anything beyond CD1 was gone and wasted a lot of time, not to mention some band members. I am mostly compelled by what he does with those CD leftovers, I wish he'd fucking put out an EP in 2011 and done a tour run THEN pondered the reunion, I dunno just seems a complete mess the arc he's had since the commendable 2010 tour which ought've been the end of chinese democracy.

• Like 1

I have faith.

Would hope so, but I agree with others that the press release was pretty ridiculous. Put Axl on a pedestal above the other two and that is not right. I guess that's the way it goes though when you sign over the rights to the name. But we'll see about that pedestal when they get on stage together and Slash/Duff kick ass while Axl sounds like 100 year old Mickey Mouse.

It's hard for me to say one way or another, although I do understand how some could feel that way reading the press release.

And I absolutely understand the sentiment of those who want Izzy/Matt/Steven to be included in this regrouping/reunion of Guns N' Roses.

I look at a rock n' roll band much like I do a professional sports team. If Detroit commemorated the '96 Red Wings and someone screamed out, "so and so is a better goalie than Mike Vernon." They're probably right, but I don't give a shit. Vernon helped win us the cup.

So as it goes, I have to ride with Axl/Slash/Duff/Izzy/Steven/Matt. Those are my guys.

True, but Rio is where the flaws couldn't hide.

He has an effect on Chinese democracy live. I'd bet my house on it.

I don't see why axl would deny it.

Where are the effects? You're confusing it with Tommy and Pitman's backing vocals, I'd bet my house on it ;)

I really like that version. It rocks.

This has been the worst reunion announcement ever. Not only has everyone known for a while thanks to the constants drabs of info leaked, but these shows were basically confirmed last week before they even announced it, and the "official" announcement has gotten almost no attention outside the forums. An Axl appearance on Kimmel (especially with Slash) would have been monumental, so of course it couldn't happen.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave
  • Like 1

This has been the worst reunion announcement ever. Not only has everyone known for a while thanks to the constants drabs of info leaked, but these shows were basically confirmed last week before they even announced it, and the "official" announcement has gotten almost no attention outside the forums. An Axl appearance on Kimmel (especially with Slash) would have been monumental, so of course it couldn't happen.

Yeah no attention...

Google search " guns n roses coachella "

About 9,370,000 results

what a drag :facepalm:

This is still, fundamentally, Guns N' Roses. Things can never go perfectly, and that is a scientific fact.

Yeah no attention...

Google search " guns n roses coachella "

About 9,370,000 results

what a drag :facepalm:

You can't seriously view the attention this has received to be anywhere near it's potential?

What sucked was no one could handle their shit. So it leaked in drips and drabs. And last week when it was basically out there, no news sites (TV or reliable internet) could really report it because there was still no CONCRETE info from the band about yes or no. A TV news station isn't gonna say something when we all knew there wasn't a single confirmation from the band. To their eyes, it was all just rumors. By the time Billboard came out, definitely confirming, you then got one lousy Rolling Stone article about Kimmel, which then gets cancelled anyway. So at that point, real news doesn't care at all cause its all been out there for awhile and we still have very little talk from members.

All of this contributes to a bad announcement. I'm shocked you can argue otherwise. My news station aired a story about them ONCE, with 20 seconds left of our broadcast. It never reaired, we never did the story again, and the whole thing was relegated to a little blip at the bottom of your screen, sharing the headline with LCD Soundsystem. So either real life doesn't give a fuck, or Guns really blew their big fucking announcement.