GUNS N' ROSES TO PLAY COACHELLA APRIL 2016 - CONFIRMED!

This has been the worst reunion announcement ever. Not only has everyone known for a while thanks to the constants drabs of info leaked, but these shows were basically confirmed last week before they even announced it, and the "official" announcement has gotten almost no attention outside the forums. An Axl appearance on Kimmel (especially with Slash) would have been monumental, so of course it couldn't happen.

What sucked was no one could handle their shit. So it leaked in drips and drabs. And last week when it was basically out there, no news sites (TV or reliable internet) could really report it because there was still no CONCRETE info from the band about yes or no. A TV news station isn't gonna say something when we all knew there wasn't a single confirmation from the band. To their eyes, it was all just rumors. By the time Billboard came out, definitely confirming, you then got one lousy Rolling Stone article about Kimmel, which then gets cancelled anyway. So at that point, real news doesn't care at all cause its all been out there for awhile and we still have very little talk from members.

All of this contributes to a bad announcement. I'm shocked you can argue otherwise. My news station aired a story about them ONCE, with 20 seconds left of our broadcast. It never reaired, we never did the story again, and the whole thing was relegated to a little blip at the bottom of your screen, sharing the headline with LCD Soundsystem. So either real life doesn't give a fuck, or Guns really blew their big fucking announcement.

After being teased with a trailer before STAR WARS, the reunion has been covered by just about every major news and entertainment outlet, including but not limited to: Forbes, Time, Wall Street Journal, CNN, Fox News, E!, People, TMZ, Billboard, USA Today, New York and LA Times.

What exactly did you expect? A special executive order declaring today a national holiday by President Obama?

• Like 3

After being teased with a trailer before STAR WARS, the reunion has been covered by just about every major news and entertainment outlet, including but not limited to: Forbes, Time, Wall Street Journal, CNN, Fox News, E!, People, TMZ, Billboard, USA Today, New York and LA Times.

What exactly did you expect? A special executive order declaring today a national holiday by President Obama?

+1

It was also reported on Spanish national TV and by all the relevant newspapers across Europe.

For 20 years, people were screaming for Slash and Duff to return.

Slash and Duff return, people find something else to complain about.

Ridiculous.

That's sort of a broad statement, isn't it?

I would estimate as many people hoped for a full reunion as people that just hoped for Duff and Slash.

And most people have been positive about what is happening. Some are just annoyed that people like Frank and Kushner are being banded around instead of Adler and Izzy.

Surely you can see how some people would be disappointed that the long awaited and wished for "reunion" isn't really a reunion, but instead just another hybrid version of GnR?

And surely you can admit that GnR / TB is doing themselves no favors by refusing to let the fans know what the deal is.

Izzy is my favorite member after Axl, so while I'd love to see him involved, if he doesn't want to do it, I'm ok with Fortus getting the nod. Drummer? Eh...sure, a Steven/Matt combo would be nice, but if they go with Frank, it is what it is.

For me (and most RATIONAL people), Axl / Duff / Slash is a reunion. End of story.

So if people don't think that 3/5 of a band is a reunion, when the other guys are still alive, they aren't rational thinking people?

What's the purpose of insulting people that have a different opinion than you? That's not your usual style.

For a lot of people 3/5 isn't a reunion. It's a regrouping.

Yeah, I really can't understand why people are complaining right now. Let them at least actually fuck something up before you start. Everything is smooth so far (Kimmel appearance is absolutely irrelevant).

Seriously?

How in the heck is that not a big deal. Wow.

Yeah, I really can't understand why people are complaining right now. Let them at least actually fuck something up before you start. Everything is smooth so far (Kimmel appearance is absolutely irrelevant).

Seriously?

Simple it's Jimmy Kimmel since when has he ever mattered?

Seriously?

This whole 'announcement' is a total clusterfuck. Nobody knew who was in the band untill a few hours ago, and its STILL unclear as to who is playing drums, rhythym guitar, etc. We have to deduct from the press release that its just Slash en Duff joining, so that PROBABLY the rest of the band is staying. I dont even know what the actual fuck has happened to Stinson, I can't remember him leaving? So we have two bass players now?

The whole idea was that Coachella would drop its line-up, GnR would be included, people who go 'OH MY GOD ITS ACTUALLY HAPPENING', Axl would appear on Jimmy Kimmel and explain the whole thing: who is playing, who is not, why arent they joining, why do we have 3 NuGnR-members in a so-called 'reunion'. But he got cold feet, maybe things blew up with Matt and he didnt want to answer those questions, maybe he read a few comments online where people are bitching about missing Izzy, Steven, Gilby or Matt, or maybe he's just being good ol' Axl again.

Anyways, PR-wise this is a total nightmare. If you want to get a lot of press, and good press, you need to have at least some pictures ready, you need to be clear to answer those questions on who's in and who's out, and WHY. Get an exclusive deal with a magazine for crying out loud, tell your story there, once, or go on Jimmy Kimmel or whoever, and tell your story there. But now we have a reunion which is more a regroup, and two days into it nobody knows for sure who are the actual members. Nobody went on record to tell their story.

All we have is a shabby press release, Axl cancelling shit again, a few Facebook/Instagram posts from relatives or cryptic profile updates, and press is all over it, gossiping to why there's no Matt, Steven or Izzy, and making fun of Axl's cancellation.

Jimmy Kimmel is irrelevant, his show is silly, BUT the fact that Axl didn't attend a show he was supposed to be in is sending bad vibes to the casual fans who still think Axl cancels concerts very often. That kind of thing can hurt ticket sales if there's a tour.

This has been the worst reunion announcement ever. Not only has everyone known for a while thanks to the constants drabs of info leaked, but these shows were basically confirmed last week before they even announced it, and the "official" announcement has gotten almost no attention outside the forums. An Axl appearance on Kimmel (especially with Slash) would have been monumental, so of course it couldn't happen.

What sucked was no one could handle their shit. So it leaked in drips and drabs. And last week when it was basically out there, no news sites (TV or reliable internet) could really report it because there was still no CONCRETE info from the band about yes or no. A TV news station isn't gonna say something when we all knew there wasn't a single confirmation from the band. To their eyes, it was all just rumors. By the time Billboard came out, definitely confirming, you then got one lousy Rolling Stone article about Kimmel, which then gets cancelled anyway. So at that point, real news doesn't care at all cause its all been out there for awhile and we still have very little talk from members.

All of this contributes to a bad announcement. I'm shocked you can argue otherwise. My news station aired a story about them ONCE, with 20 seconds left of our broadcast. It never reaired, we never did the story again, and the whole thing was relegated to a little blip at the bottom of your screen, sharing the headline with LCD Soundsystem. So either real life doesn't give a fuck, or Guns really blew their big fucking announcement.

1. It is impossible to control music biz info leaks in 2015. Apple can't even keep pics of iPhone 7 off the web.

2. GN'R were probably legally obliged to say nothing until Goldenvoice/Coachella officially announced.

3. It blows my mind that any fan of any band gives a shit about how the media is handled as if they're working for the fucking president. I don't give a shit about the promo roll out, how many copies are sold, etc. As long as the band shows up onstage and kicks ass (they will), I'm happy.

Remember, friends:

Guns N' Roses, as the biggest band on the planet, could not manage to get UYI out before they started touring behind it. It's obviously been a mess from day one organizationally, which is none of our business so long as the shows happen. Do you really give a fuck what happens in the kitchen so long as your burger tastes good and doesn't have maggots in it?

Call it what you will, this is the best GN'R news since CD finally saw the light of day. If you're pissed off about shit that the band may not even be in control of, you may need to go ride your bike or something.

I will admit the Kimmel thing was a bit weird, maybe Axl didn't feel like driving into LA or felt sick or something.

If you're pissed off about shit that the band may not even be in control of, you may need to go ride your bike or something.

I will admit the Kimmel thing was a bit weird, maybe Axl didn't feel like driving into LA or felt sick or something.

You've gotta be kidding me...

Axl knew that he was supposed to be on Kimmel, and that it was the second most importing thing concercing the 'reunion' (Coachella announcement being the first). You cannot fuck that up. You need to be there. Especially when they drop the veil and actually announced him as guest.

Thinking that the band somehow does not have control over any of this is just incorrect. I'm sure they dont control EVERYTHING. But who's in and who's not? Definitely. Which interviews they are or are not doing, probably. Especially Axl.

I have just read online that ABC showed Axl rose as a guest on the advert for tonight's show?

According to their website its Billy Joel and J.K. Simmons

I have just read online that ABC showed Axl rose as a guest on the advert for tonight's show?

According to their website its Billy Joel and J.K. Simmons

That would be Jimmy Fallon :lol:

How many Late Night shows do you guys have in the USA :D I thought 'tonights show' actually meant 'the tonight show', not 'tonights episode of Jimmy Kimmel'.

Anyway, that lists as guests:

Wednesday: Kathy Griffin, Brie Larson, Music from The Internet

A little disappointing, that nothing else has been revealed, except the Coachella thing and the return of Slash and Duff, which wasn't really much of a surprise to anyone. Wish they would have mentioned some other upcoming gigs, the other band members or something about new music. But then again Axl Slash and Duff are getting back together!!!! OMGZ!1!!11

Really there's no reason to be disappointed. This is so awesome. And really, if no one else is mentioned except Slash and Duff, then it's pretty obvious that Frank and Fortus are the other members, which is exactly what I expected.

Wish they would have mentioned some other upcoming gigs,

Coachella needs to be sold out first.

totally agree

Which will be the case in 8hrs or so. I'm expecting them to be announced for a few Euro festivals this week. German press is talking about a big show in July on the (former) Formula 1 Hockenheim racing track.

I think they're sensible just keeping it to the festival in California for now before taking things on the road all over Europe in case the old egos and argumentd start up again and it all goes to shit.

Not really all over Europe, but there are strong rumours that they might play a few major festivals here. There's a lot of money to be earned, and face it; thats what reunions like these are for.