Just turned on 02 Arena and the reunion

Just turned on VH1 Classic and they are playing this show. Rocket Queen is on and it sucks... It just has me thinking about how much of a letdown this reunion could be... Slash and Duff will be there but they will still be outnumbered by non-originals. There will most likely be the same out of shape and bad sounding Axl.. The same crappy drumming and the same bloatedness and over production that started to turn people off of Gn'R back in the day and that kept NuGnR from going anywhere.. I am listening the the end part of Rocket Queen right now and all the keyboards are drowning out the guitars.. Terrible... I am disappointed in Slash to be honest... Once the hype dies down, this shit is going to crash and burn if it looks like this.

Edited by Tom-Ass

I think you are underestimating how much Slash and Duff contribute to that GNR sound. I'm just as disappointed in the choice of Frank as drummer but it's going to sound a hell of a lot more like GNR than anything we've heard in twenty years. The ball is certainly in Axl's court for what he brings to the table though. We'll see...

• Like 1

Slash and Duff will be there but they will still be outnumbered by non-originals.

Slash and Duff were already outnumbered during most of the UYI tour. It was a great tour nevertheless.

Wait and see.

Edited by Roky

I think you are underestimating how much Slash and Duff contribute to that GNR sound. I'm just as disappointed in the choice of Frank as drummer but it's going to sound a hell of a lot more like GNR than anything we've heard in twenty years. The ball is certainly in Axl's court for what he brings to the table though. We'll see...

I dunno man.. All those needed keyboards destroy those classics.. Its one thing having Dizzy playing keyboards on Nightrain.. But do we need to listen to Pittmans Synths on top of it? That Rocket Queen was fucking brutal..

It might sound more like GnR than GnR has in years but Slash's band and even VR at times sounded alot more like GnR than this will.

Slash and Duff will be there but they will still be outnumbered by non-originals.

Slash and Duff were already outnumbered during most of the UYI tour. It was a great tour nevertheless.

Wait and see.

No they weren't.. Axl, Slash, Duff - Matt Gilby and Dizzy. At least it was 50/50... Teddy and the backup singers were only out there for a couple songs for part of the UYI tour and even that was too much..