Aerosmith doesn't turn Izzy down!

Tom-Ass

That's arguably his best ever look. Sadly, it also reminds you that this 'regrouping' really does need him. You've got the two icons in the bandana and top hat, you've got the punk on bass, then you've got the soul of the band on the rhythm guitar. That perfect recipe is what separates GNR from everyone else, including UYIGNR, NuGNR and now HybridGNR.

It's not "HybridGNR", it's Slash, Duff & Axl with a bunch of hired hands, just like the UYI tour.

Yeah cause the guy who played drums on the Illusion albums and TSI? was a "hired hand". The guy who played drums on the biggest tour they ever did at the height of their fame and played on more official releases than Steven did was just a "hired hand" GTFO. :facepalm:

He was a hired hand plus he hurt the GNR sound. Only real GNR drummer is Adler.

• Like 1

he was only a 'hired hand' when Axl got upset with him. He was an official member when UYI came out until he left the band. A hired hand was someone like teddy zig zag.

He was never part of the GNR partnership. Only the Appetite 5 were. All others are hired hands.

I wish my UYI booklet was more specific then. I feel lied to as a fan.

That's arguably his best ever look. Sadly, it also reminds you that this 'regrouping' really does need him. You've got the two icons in the bandana and top hat, you've got the punk on bass, then you've got the soul of the band on the rhythm guitar. That perfect recipe is what separates GNR from everyone else, including UYIGNR, NuGNR and now HybridGNR.

It's not "HybridGNR", it's Slash, Duff & Axl with a bunch of hired hands, just like the UYI tour.

Yeah cause the guy who played drums on the Illusion albums and TSI? was a "hired hand". The guy who played drums on the biggest tour they ever did at the height of their fame and played on more official releases than Steven did was just a "hired hand" GTFO. :facepalm:

Technically though, he was exactly that. :shrugs:

technically if a person believes that lame semantic then they are a douche. Yes he was "hired" when the other drummer was fired. Were they just gonna go without a drummer? No. They hired him and he was a major part of Guns N Roses. More so than any replacement that came post 1995. The guy fucking played on 3 official GnR releases and you guys are gonan refer to him as a "hired hand" as if he's like DJ Ashba?

Additional musician? anyway, I liked a lot of his contributions for UYI. I don't think being a hired hand is a bad thing. You get hired cause they want your services. His drumming is powerful but robotic. His work on Illusions works on some songs, on others not so much. He lacks Adler's groove and sound and that was perfect for Guns.

I prefer Adler, but Sorum does have his own style and it's not all bad, he's capable for some good shit. Just doesn't have Steven's feel.

Edited by Rovim