Izzy says he is NOT involved with the upcoming GN'R shows

7 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

If someone shows me emails where the real Izzy Stradlin has always used the reverse prime in place of an apostrophe then I'll believe it...otherwise it's safe to assume the writer of those tweets is a Spanish speaking individual in my opinion.

Thats actually got some logic to it. Can @downliner confirm to us that in past emails Izzy has used the correct apostrophe mark? That would seal once and for all whether he has always messed that up on a keyboard or if this is a fraud.

25 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I am laughing thinking about how people refuse to accept that someone like Izzy could take up avocado farming. What does that say about their preconceptions about who Izzy is when they use that little piece of information as evidence against the account being real? Do they take what little we know of Izzy from the 80s when he was in his 20s and think that that is how he is now, all of him? That no growth has happened? That he has been living in a bubble? No room for anything else than being a druggie who makes cool music? Rockers don't farm? Expecially not avocados! They are the most un-cool vegetables!

They are a fruit technically :P

misses the point

2 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Thats actually got some logic to it. Can @downliner confirm to us that in past emails Izzy has used the correct apostrophe mark? That would seal once and for all whether he has always messed that up on a keyboard or if this is a fraud.

Yes, because it can't possibly be a one time mistake, or caused by the new keyboard on his new Mexican bought computer at his avocado farm down in Baja?

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Yes, because it can't possibly be a one time mistake, or caused by the new keyboard on his new Mexican bought computer at his avocado farm down in Baja?

Its not. He's done it several times. This is just the latest of things you refuse to believe but is actually a pattern.

13 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

If someone shows me emails where the real Izzy Stradlin has always used the reverse prime in place of an apostrophe then I'll believe it...otherwise it's safe to assume the writer of those tweets is a Spanish speaking individual in my opinion.

Err... What? No one uses that in Spanish.

The grave accent, although not commonly applied to any English words, is sometimes used in poetry and song lyrics to indicate that a vowel usually silent is to be pronounced, in order to fit the rhythm or meter.

Maybe that's what Izzy's doing. His tweets are poetry.

• Like 1

IMO the main reason why many of us are still skeptical about the legitimacy of the account is the strange content of the tweets, not some stupid grammar mistake. I don't think discussing the apostrophe thing is gonna help us find any explanation for this.

5 minutes ago, alfierose said:

They are a fruit technically :P

misses the point

Thank goat I was only paraphrasing what the Izzy-refuters are thinking.

4 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Its not. He's done it several times. This is just the latest of things you refuse to believe but is actually a pattern.

Ah, I see he did it a few times in the deleted tweets.

Still, why is it more unbelievable that Izzy is a more sloppy writer than a hacker?

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Ah, I see he did it a few times in the deleted tweets.

Still, why is it more unbelievable that Izzy is a more sloppy writer than a hacker?

Because Izzy Stradlin is and always will be the bane of my existence. I will not rest until his true identity is found. Do you want his lying unconscious in a freezer to be because you thought the hacker was right? We need to get to him NOW!

2 minutes ago, slash97 said:

IMO the main reason why many of us are still skeptical about the legitimacy of the account is the strange content of the tweets, not some stupid grammar mistake. I don't think discussing the apostrophe thing is gonna help us find any explanation for this.

Are you kidding? Its the proverbial glove of this case! (sorry I'm still in OJ mode). It is the crux of this mystery.

And on a serious note, it was just a thought. Its one of the few things @downliner could very easily confirm or deny. No mystery phone calls and whatnot.

3 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Me too but thats apparently like asking Bigfoot to reveal himself. He's best friends with @downliner and the best thing he could get was a call, not a picture.

I guess Izzy just din't say Hey and kept the phone down, I guess they talked and im sure Downliner would have told him that there were doubts about people believing that he has been hacked and im sure many people are tweeting him if his account is legit or not, then he tweeted that there are 50+ fake accounts and he is the real one, then he deleted that?

This whole thing is confusing, As a fan I need more proof to believe. 

5 minutes ago, slash97 said:

True, a confirmation from Duff or a video would be better. 

7 minutes ago, Kill_YourIdols said:

Err... What? No one uses that in Spanish.

What?? That means the hacker comes from whatever other country uses that wierd punctation! What country uses spaces between the last word and the period?? Bad grammarstan? A country mostly populated by rockers and other artists who quit school early and took too much drugs in their formative years?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spirit said:

The grave accent, although not commonly applied to any English words, is sometimes used in poetry and song lyrics to indicate that a vowel usually silent is to be pronounced, in order to fit the rhythm or meter.

Maybe that's what Izzy's doing. His tweets are poetry.

LOLLLLL

I don't mean to drag on this apostrophe thing, but I stand corrected. What I meant by quotation mark was actually grave accent.

I've got a little problem with this too since I've got a ~brazilian keyboard~. That's why I brought this up - as we don't use apostrophe in portuguese very much, people often mistake ` for ', so it's a common mistake. I guess this would apply for someone who isn't very familiar with technology (or grammar, as it seems to be the case) as well.
That's it, I'm not bringing this up anymore haha

Izzy is good friends with Duff and Duff is pretty active on twitter, so why din't Izzy go like Hey duff/bro im on twitter too?

First thing he does is tweets the RS Editor saying Hey this is Izzy Stradin, who he doesn't even knows? and then that RS editor never gets an email?