Izzy says he is NOT involved with the upcoming GN'R shows

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

What?? That means the hacker comes from whatever other country uses that wierd punctation! What country uses spaces between the last word and the period?? Bad grammarstan? A country mostly populated by rockers and other artists who quit school early and took too much drugs in their formative years?

omg you guys are killing me 

its traditional food must be avocado tacos.

7 minutes ago, slash97 said:

IMO the main reason why many of us are still skeptical about the legitimacy of the account is the strange content of the tweets, not some stupid grammar mistake. I don't think discussing the apostrophe thing is gonna help us find any explanation for this.

Here are the contents:

- Izzy is not involved incoming shows.

- Izzy has not written or recorded with GN'R recently.

- Izzy has given up avocado farming.

- Izzy has a new computer.

- Izzy wanted to talk to RS, and mistakenly made private messages public.

- Izzy liked (?) a GN'R fan video, or something (I never saw it).

- Izzy posted a silly, fake quote (meta-joke about the ongoign discussion?).

Is this really THAT strange? I mean, this is Mr Invisible that finally reveals a little about himself, a guy that is an enigma even to his former band mates.

2 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Izzy is good friends with Duff and Duff is pretty active on twitter, so why din't Izzy go like Hey duff/bro im on twitter too?

First thing he does is tweets the RS Editor saying Hey this is Izzy Stradin, who he doesn't even knows? and then that RS editor never gets an email?

If Duff is rehearsing and Izzy is left out, he isn't going to call Duff to ask him to post on social media his thoughts on being left out. by Duff, Slash and Axl.

2 minutes ago, pacu44 said:

If Duff is rehearsing and Izzy is left out, he isn't going to call Duff to ask him to post on social media his thoughts on being left out. by Duff, Slash and Axl.

I don't think things would be bad between Duff and Izzy. Maybe Izzy himself denied to be a part of the reunion, but I still do think he will be a part of some shows, like why do you think Steven Adler is so quiet all this time? Duff, Axl and Slash would rather have Izzy than Steven. 

If this was really Izzy he would stop with the twit about not being involved. Could have added why if he wanted to. But he wouldn't post Axl impersonators, comment on the many Izzys or post fake Lincoln quotes that only a 12 year old idiot can possibly find funny. He wouldn't be reading the forum and making silly comments on twitter about it or removing the twits.

He'd just post about his status related to GNR, possibly elaborate on it, possibly say something about his plans. And confirm his twitter account. I mean, it really is obvious. Isn't it?

9 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Izzy is good friends with Duff and Duff is pretty active on twitter, so why din't Izzy go like Hey duff/bro im on twitter too?

Maybe because he doesn't use twitter to chat with friends, but to reach people he doesn't have an open communications channel to already, like fans, and that RS guy. I certainly don't use twitter to chat with my friends.

Just now, Asia said:

If this was really Izzy he would stop with the twit about not being involved. Could have added why if he wanted to. But he wouldn't post Axl impersonators, comment on the many Izzys or post fake Lincoln quotes that only a 12 year old idiot can possibly find funny. He wouldn't be reading the forum and making silly comments on twitter about it or removing the twits.

He'd just post about his status related to GNR, possibly elaborate on it, possibly say something about his plans. And confirm his twitter account. I mean, it really is obvious. Isn't it?

True, thats what he supposedly made the twitter account for, but he never elaborated that why he is not a part of the reunion and all, all he did was post unrelated nonsense stuff.

1 minute ago, Asia said:

No, it isn't obvious. For all I know the real Izzy could absolutely enjoy Axl impersonators and find it natural to make a comment on his impersonators. As for reading this forum, I am sure he doesn't, he deleted the tweets when he realized they were open for all to see, not because of our reaction to them :D.

Doesn't anyone else find the absence of downliner in this thread suspicious? For someone that involved in this you'd expect more interaction. I'm still not buying the phone thing and still believe hes in the same boat as Twizzy, or even IS him, doing all this with the good intention of making the band speak again and breaking this goddamned silence.

Just now, Slash787 said:

If Eddie money said he will be in Vegas than he will be. 

In Eddie Money we Trust, its Rock or Bust!

That is absolutely true and I haven't lost hope. And Rolling Stone has been trash for awhile now anyway so hopefully this just falls right in line with.

But taking the sarcasm out of it, a major writer at Rolling Stone being much less skeptical wasn't what I was hoping to see.

21 hours ago, downliner said:

Earlier tonight I had to back the email account into a corner and asked for him to either phone me or send a pic with todays date.

Izzy phoned me whilst I was out walking my dog! :dance: It is 100% genuine. As soon as I picked up the phone I felt like such an asshole for not believing him all day - thanks guys!!! I've got about 4 pages to catch up on but can say without doubt it's Izzy.

I know plenty won't believe me and that's cool, if the shoe was on the other foot I wouldn't be buying it either lol, but plenty of you know I've never bullshitted or gone making up forum rumors in my 10+ years etc.

Thanks!!! Never doubted you for a second. :D

• Like 1