Izzy says he is NOT involved with the upcoming GN'R shows

Just now, StrangerInThisTown said:

Doesn't anyone else find the absence of downliner in this thread suspicious? For someone that involved in this you'd expect more interaction. I'm still not buying the phone thing and still believe hes in the same boat as Twizzy, or even IS him, doing all this with the good intention of making the band speak again and breaking this goddamned silence.

Not at all. He's done a lot for us and people are still doubting and coming up with conspiracy theories that he's actually Jose the mexican hacker.

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

No, it isn't obvious. For all I know the real Izzy could absolutely enjoy Axl impersonators and find it natural to make a comment on his impersonators. As for reading this forum, I am sure he doesn't, he deleted the tweets when he realized they were open for all to see, not because of our reaction to them :D.

So you are saying he was telling himself that there are 50+ fake accounts and he is the real one? 

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

No, it isn't obvious. For all I know the real Izzy could absolutely enjoy Axl impersonators and find it natural to make a comment on his impersonators. As for reading this forum, I am sure he doesn't, he deleted the tweets when he realized they were open for all to see, not because of our reaction to them :D.

Yeah, it is very natural that after decades Izzy finally opens a twitter account to post Axl impersonators :rofl-lol: If he doesn't read this forum how come he comments on what is being posted here? Or how do you explain the Lincoln joke?

5 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Doesn't anyone else find the absence of downliner in this thread suspicious? For someone that involved in this you'd expect more interaction. I'm still not buying the phone thing and still believe hes in the same boat as Twizzy, or even IS him, doing all this with the good intention of making the band speak again and breaking this goddamned silence.

No. Downliner is as trustworthy as they come.

He is not paid to do anything for Izzy - he is a fan who happened to do a hell of a lot for him and his online presence for no other reason than that. This goes back over many years. Absolutely no reason to doubt him now.

• Like 2

I think the only solution is a video from downliner where he says "I am really downliner" while holding up an ipad showing a video of Izzy saying, "and I am really Izzy and that is my real twitter account".

I'm dying.

Just now, highvoltage said:

He is not paid to do anything for Izzy - he is a fan who happened to do a hell of a lot for him and his online presence for no other reason than that. This goes back over many years. Absolutely no reason to doubt him now.

Im not doubting Downliner, I have respect for him, but as a tech guy, don't you think Izzy's account could have been hacked? 

Just now, Asia said:

Yeah, it is very natural that after decades Izzy finally opens a twitter account to post Axl impersonators :rofl-lol: If he doesn't read this forum how come he comments on what is being posted here? Or how do you explain the Lincoln joke?

Why do you think he opened the account to post Axl impersonators? He obviously opened the account to address the rumours, and then hang around a bit, pottering about like people new to something is apt to do.

Someone else has already explained the Lincoln joke, it was a comment to people ON TWITTER refuting him really being Izzy, not a comment on what is happening on a fringe forum in a small corner of the Intern et.

2 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Im not doubting Downliner, I have respect for him, but as a tech guy, don't you think Izzy's account could have been hacked? 

No. It's the least likely possibility, and anyone thinking it's the most plausible option is clutching at straws. You know actual "hacking" is difficult right? Most people don't even know izzy's email address, let alone a thing about him to try and guess his account details. I doubt he uses or trusts the internet enough to be targeted by a phishing scam.

There was no reason to doubt the legitimacy of this account once downliner got a confirmation email. People doubted it because they are GN'R fans though and that's OK.

However - if downliner says he got a phone call from Izzy, he got a phone call from Izzy. There's no reason to keep debating whether it's Izzy or not because it is.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Im not judging you @RussTCB and @gunsguy, but both of you clearly believe now that account is real, If it turns to be fake, then what will you have to say? 

Same thing we always do, I would apologize to the community.  You are asking for the impossible really, any questions asked remain unanswered and for the record Izzy didn't call me.  We have to go by other peoples word, sometimes it is all we got and when it is a trusted source as this one is I do not have anything else to go by right?

Some would say then don't make it news.  That to be fair is a good point however you tell me how many pages this is now?  Looks like a pretty big deal to me ;)

Heck when Axl tweets we can't even confirm THAT is real....  You see what I mean right?

What is important to you may not be to others.  To prove it to you may not work, may not be attainable whilst others are fine with it. 

Edited by gunsguy

Why do you think he opened the account to post Axl impersonators? He obviously opened the account to address the rumours, and then hang around a bit, pottering about like people new to something is apt to do.

Someone else has already explained the Lincoln joke, it was a comment to people ON TWITTER refuting him really being Izzy, not a comment on what is happening on a fringe forum in a small corner of the Intern et.

Pottering about Spanish (sorry, Latino) Axl impersonators? Is that what comes to his mind first when he thinks internet? Is that what he would post in his first ever twits? To start controversy? To start a media war between him and Axl? To have journalists discuss how agressive towards Axl that was? Do you really think that is what the reclusive and media avoiding Izzy would want? 

3 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

No. It's the least likely possibility, and anyone thinking it's the most plausible option is clutching at straws. You know actual "hacking" is difficult right? Most people don't even know izzy's email address, let alone a thing about him to try and guess his account details. I doubt he uses or trusts the internet enough to be targeted by a phishing scam.

There was no reason to doubt the legitimacy of this account once downliner got a confirmation email. People doubted it because they are GN'R fans though and that's OK.

However - if downliner says he got a phone call from Izzy, he got a phone call from Izzy. There's no reason to keep debating whether it's Izzy or not because it is.

Sí.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Asia said:

Pottering about Spanish (sorry, Latino) Axl impersonators? Is that what comes to his mind first when he thinks internet? Is that what he would post in his first ever twits? To start controversy? To start a media war between him and Axl? To have journalists discuss how agressive towards Axl that was? Do you really think that is what the reclusive and media avoiding Izzy would want? 

I don't think it was what came first to his mind. First to his mind was addressing the rumours. Second trying to get in touch with guys. As for whether posting about Axl impersonators is true to his character, how would I know? I don't know Izzy. For all I know watching Axl imperosnators could be his favorite pasttime. What I DO know, though, is that Izzy always does what Izzy wants and he is NOT afraid to ruffle Axl's feathers. Not that I think he did.

6 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

Yeah my point is not that he does this to be an asshole - but to do a service to this community as a whole to get the band speaking again and breaking this annoying and frankly, disrespectful silence torwards the fans. .We are all basing the legitimacy of this on downliners impeccable reputation afterall. He is the perfect guy who could pull this off without it looking like a crappy fake. The more attention this account gets the better, because it will eventually force someone from the GNR camp to speak out about it. If it's just a crappy fake and everyone could tell right away, the band wouldn't need to. But as it is this controversy is only getting bigger, so the plan seems to work thus far (if it exists)

I also don't think asking Slash or Duff to say anything regarding this would even work, they ARE in the band and under serious NDA's... Izzy isn't.... yet.  Why do I say yet?  Because I truly believe Izzy will be involved in something with this band

Anyway, Follow Izzy if you want or choose not to, it is all up to you of course

Edited by gunsguy

13 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Im not judging you @RussTCB and @gunsguy, but both of you clearly believe now that account is real, If it turns to be fake, then what will you have to say? 

I guess I don't get the question. 

If it turns out to be fake, then we would of course say it's fake. However, for the time being, downliners word that Izzy called him to confirm is good enough for me.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Yeah my point is not that he does this to be an asshole - but to do a service to this community as a whole to get the band speaking again and breaking this annoying and frankly, disrespectful silence torwards the fans. .We are all basing the legitimacy of this on downliners impeccable reputation afterall. He is the perfect guy who could pull this off without it looking like a crappy fake. The more attention this account gets the better, because it will eventually force someone from the GNR camp to speak out about it. If it's just a crappy fake and everyone could tell right away, the band wouldn't need to. But as it is this controversy is only getting bigger, so the plan seems to work thus far (if it exists)

And risk his relationship with Izzy? For the thin possibility of this making the band address something they will have to address eventually, in a few weeks, either way? Sounds veeeeery implausible to me.....