Matt Sorum

Does anyone know where he stands with Axl? He's barely being mentioned for the reunion which surprises me.

I would think that Axl would rather have Matt back before Steven, but it seems like Steven has a better chance of appearing.

Ideally I'd live Steven for all AFD and Lies material, and Matt for the rest without any nuGNR drummers.

• Like 1

At the moment, Axl would want Frank instead of Matt and Steven.

Some say things are not cool between Axl and Matt at the moment, but I don't know the reason and I don't know if that is true or not.

I know that in 2006 or 7, Axl and Matt did meet each other and they were cool with eachother

When it comes to Matt and Steven, Axl will prefer Matt. But at the moment I have a feeling Steven has more chances of appearing cause he is pretty quiet about it.

In regards to Matt, I think his chances are very very less. I hope we find the real reason. 

7 hours ago, paranoyd androyd said:

Does anyone know where he stands with Axl? He's barely being mentioned for the reunion which surprises me.

I would think that Axl would rather have Matt back before Steven, but it seems like Steven has a better chance of appearing.

Ideally I'd live Steven for all AFD and Lies material, and Matt for the rest without any nuGNR drummers.

That's a good question. Hopefully axl will answer this soon ...?

:lol: ok jokes aside, I think trunk mentioned there may be tension between axl and Matt but they did settle their differences in 2006. Ultimately I think there'd be less drama with Frank And it's cheaper to keep him on full time. He's probably not huge on Adler but axl loves Steven enough not to want to put him over the edge knowing how badly he wants this,which is why I'd bet it all that he's involved. I just think they know it's too complicated to have 3 drummers and that probably all added up forcing them to leave sorum out, for now.

Matt Sorum never had anything good to say about Axl... He even spoke with pride of those times he fought with Axl and was fired.

I dont know if they settled their differences in 2006 because recently Sorum talked bad about "nuGN'R" and that must have reached to Axl.

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Matt Sorum never had anything good to say about Axl... He even spoke with pride of those times he fought with Axl and was fired.

I dont know if they settled their differences in 2006 because recently Sorum talked bad about "nuGN'R" and that must have reached to Axl.

That's BS....he called Axl brilliant in an interview as recently as last year. 

• Like 2

It's one thing to settle your differences so that you can have a drink together and another to want to go on tour together. Some people are bound not to get along well and I think Axl and Matt fall within this category. Matt has a loud mouth. Matt seems like a simple guy with a clear set of rules that are very understandable to most people but Axl will always do things differently and in ways that are unacceptable for someone like Matt. I don't think Matt will ever understand or come to terms with that so he will speak out and that'll lead to a conflict sooner or later because there are very few people that Axl allows to have their own opinions (probably Slash and this time maybe Duff) and that also only to some limited extent ;)

All in all I just don't think it would work out well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

Are you sure?

These are the kind of things that keep Matt Sorum out of Guns N' Roses and I'm glad about it because he's nothing but a troublemaker:

and

Former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Matt Sorum, who joined the group in 1990, told The Pulse of Radio last week that he doesn't think it's cool for Axl Rose to take his current band on the road under the GUNS N' ROSES name. "I'm not saying I'm an original member, okay, but I understand the core of the band, which is Slash and Duff and probably Izzy," he said. "It's a shame, and you know what, this goes back to a Paul McCartney thing. Does he call himself THE BEATLES? Not saying we were as big as THE BEATLES, but — does Sting call himself THE POLICE? No. Does Jimmy Page and Robert Plant go out there calling themselves LED ZEPPELIN? Nope."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/matt-sorum-doesn-t-think-axl-rose-should-tour-under-guns-n-roses-name/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Are you sure?

These are the kind of things that keep Matt Sorum out of Guns N' Roses and I'm glad about it because he's nothing but a troublemaker:

and

He's right on both of these. Still don't care for his drumming though.

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

I know he's said some negative things about Axl in the past, but he's also said some positive stuff recently. In that 35 minute interview that was going around where he talked about the making of the Illusions and that classic drum fill, he was pretty appreciative toward Axl. I know off the top of my head he also said Axl was great to work with in comparison to Weiland (RIP) and in that VH1 documentary I remember him having some positive quotes.

I actually think Matt seems like a pretty cool dude and  pretty level headed about the whole thing. That 35 minute interview he did about drumming gave me a whole new respect for the Illusions record and the sound they were going for. When I was younger, the drums bothered me most about those records, but now it's one of my favorite aspects of them.

5 minutes ago, starlight said:

Yeah Matt is a troublemaker.... or you meant Axl? 

Axl is the king of troublemakers but ultimately, this is his band and he's got rights to it so he will do whatever it pleases him to do with it.

If you want to work with Axl Rose, you know what comes with it so take it or leave it. Complaining and badmouthing him in the press will not help you in your way up the ladder.

6 minutes ago, Sprite said:

Crazy how perception is everything. To me, Matt seems like one of the cooler guys to come out of the GNR circles. 

I liked him before seing interviews.
I mean, he bad mouths Scott Weiland just like he's done with Axl in the past. But then he misses packed stadiums and having his private limo, so then Axl's not that bad. 

1 minute ago, emybdc said:

I mean, he bad mouths Scott Weiland just like he's done with Axl in the past. But then he misses packed stadiums and having his private limo, so then Axl's not that bad. 

Exactly.

All of a sudden Axl is cool and a great artist and blabla but years ago he was a dictator, an asshole and was wrong in keep using the name of the band?

Come on, I'm not getting fooled by him one bit. He should stick to his opinion of Axl and carry on with it, if that's the path he took in the past and never cared about it.

2 minutes ago, emybdc said:

Well I think being in not one, but three famous rock bands, 2 of which had Iconic frontmen and an Iconic guitar player, probably complicates things a little bit more than what we can really understand as fans. It's like Newton's third law. Everything has an opposite and equal reaction. It's probably true the packed stadiums were great, but maybe he didn't have a great time with them at the time? Whoever said 2 opposite things can't be simultaneously true? 

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Are you sure?

and

Izzy used to be asked about joining GNR on stage in 2006 and he called it "axls band". I don't see how it's all that different from what Matt said. And to be honest he's not saying anything too out of line. I just don't think there's room for more than 2 drummers right now