Izzy Out.....

3 minutes ago, gnr5 said:

Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To me (not trying to say everyone else feels this way), it just shows that nothing is really set in stone and that Axl can bail at anypoint.

I very much doubt Axl, Slash and Duff can bail at any point without committing professional suicide. The contracts will most likely be with those three but anyone else is probably subject to change at any point.

• Like 2

as expected.

this sheds a new light about him posting links of terrible GNR cover bands.

obviously, Axl wanted to hang on on Ferrer and Izzy wanted thge line up with Steve or Matt, so now it is Ferrer and Fortus.

i would have preffered Izzy and Matt line up, then Gilby and Matt but definately not Fortus and Frank, this is some hybrid shit, eiter clean it up and go back to AFD or UYI line up or not do half hearted shit and call it reunion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SEPTEM said:

Its interesting how some people deep inside wants that gnr daños

I mean,;its the only explnation i can think of for this kind of posts ive been reading.

If theres something we gnr fans unos how go do is READ BETWEEN THE LINES.

So right know is like some of you want to believe that izzy iis out of the picture. AMD to do that , u guys just took the info pieces u need for it.

So, to sum up , read carefuly everything izzy wrote, remember what izzy did last 10 years with axl, duff, slash,  and evaluate the convenience of someone as EXTRA LOW PROFILE like izzy who has been involved in a lot of diferent gnr rumors over the years , NOW came up with a OFFICIAL TWITER ACOUNT  with some very selected and interesting set of words.

Be sure of this and remember this words:  IZZY STRADLIN WILL BE PART OF EVERYTHING GNR ITS ABOUT TO DO. Maybe/probably not the entire show, but he will be part of it 

Pd: adler also will be there some how, un a very smaller way, but he will.

Sorum?  Very probably will be there too but not in april. or may.   But he will.

So REMEMBER AND MEMORIZE THIS POST and just be cool. 

PEACE

SEPTEM

Well, it looks like the only one doing the wishful thinking is you. A man notorious for being disconnected creates a Twitter acount to tell the world, that he won't be a part of GNR reunion. What does that tell you? Or what should that tell any sane person? That he is not involved in those shows.

The only other scenario is, that he would like to be part of it, but certain people don't want him there/don't comply with his demands and him announcing to the world that he's not gonna be there is his way of putting pressure on the other guys and maybe creating demand for his being there.

If he indeed knows he's there and there is no opposition from anyone to him being there, then he's just being a total jackass.

Edited by PatrickS77

3 hours ago, blackieloveless said:
3 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Rolling Stone/Andy Greene shouldve given downliner credit in their article

I am getting a bad " Bill Ward" kinda feeling , I hope that is not the case .

This, the guy took a lot of shit in the process and he was first to tell us that Izzy was the real deal.

5 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

as expected.

this sheds a new light about him posting links of terrible GNR cover bands.

obviously, Axl wanted to hang on on Ferrer and Izzy wanted thge line up with Steve or Matt, so now it is Ferrer and Fortus.

i would have preffered Izzy and Matt line up, then Gilby and Matt but definately not Fortus and Frank, this is some hybrid shit, eiter clean it up and go back to AFD or UYI line up or not do half hearted shit and call it reunion.

Well see, that's the problem.  "They" have never called it a reunion. Not one thing directly from the band ever uses that term.

and you don't know the reason this isn't working is Bc "obviously...Axl wanted to hang on Ferrar".  So it isn't obvious it's your opinion or speculation.

1 minute ago, Strange Broue said:

At least we know for sure that the account is real

Too bad, he will not be involved with the Vegas gigs

Let's hope for Coachella or 2017

I hate to break it to you bro, but Coachella is in April...so is Mexico City.  He didn't say he had no involvement in the Vegas gigs, he said the April GnR gigs.

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

I hate to break it to you bro, but Coachella is in April...so is Mexico City.  He didn't say he had no involvement in the Vegas gigs, he said the April GnR gigs.

fuck me, i thought Coachella is in May :lol: 

still hoping for 2017 AFD anniversary, though

He also wrote "at this point in time":shrugs:

Edited by Strange Broue

13 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Sure but no one is talking and frankly, even the few times they did between July and December all anyone did was deny deny deny. I'm glad we now know that's him but I'm consistently sticking to my original opinion that he'll be there and he'll be involved, I think it's just denial until they're all collectively ready to talk

Apples and oranges. Back then the "reunion" was not announced.

Just now, Strange Broue said:

fuck me, i thought Coachella is in May :lol: 

still hoping for 2017 AFD anniversary, though

He also wrote "at this point in time":shrugs:

I agree with that.  As the resident conspiracy theorist I can see them doing this now as a money grab (Axl, Slash, Duff)... Then the AFD 5 doing a tour in 2017 playing appetite in its entirety.  Maybe Izzy wasn't down for that...maybe why he's pissed?

3 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Apples and oranges. Back then the "reunion" was not announced.

And other than axl slash and duff literally NO ONE else has been confirmed. We don't even know now if pitman will be involved. So your analogy doesn't apply here

Just now, Billsfan said:

And other than axl slash and duff literally NO ONE else has been confirmed. We don't even know now if pitman will be involved. So your analogy doesn't apply here

Of course it does. Now the "reunion" is announced. Back then it wasn't. Back then it was more likely that one of the guys will die before a reunion could happen.

Just now, PatrickS77 said:

Of course it does. Now the "reunion" is announced. Back then it wasn't. Back then it was more likely that one of the guys will die before a reunion could happen.

Back in July? Or August? When slash and axl were confirmed to be friends again? Yeah it still doesn't apply considering that alone pretty much confirmed it was going to happen..

8 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Well see, that's the problem.  "They" have never called it a reunion. Not one thing directly from the band ever uses that term.

and you don't know the reason this isn't working is Bc "obviously...Axl wanted to hang on Ferrar".  So it isn't obvious it's your opinion or speculation.

Maybe that's another reason for the non involvement tweet to clear up him not being in the line up. As you said the band aren't saying it's a reunion but the media are and sometimes make it out to be the AFD line up.  Fans outside of forums will be misled

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Damn, I thought 4/8 & 4/9 Vegas shows were April too? Must be that common core math nowadays?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Rolling Stone/Andy Greene shouldve given downliner credit in their article

The Wall Street Journal

The social-media frenzy deepened. Doubts over the account’s authenticity grew. A Twitter account called @chopaway — which has long had some level of access to Stradlin — insisted @IzzyStradlin999 was the real deal. Stradlin posted a rare recording from 2004 — a cover of “Do You Love Me” by Stradlin and former Guns N’ Roses drummer Steven Adler. An online poll was taken — and the majority of fans thought the account a fake. Fans repeatedly asked Stradlin to post a video as proof. Rolling Stone writer Andy Greene, whom Stradlin has tweeted at initially to spread the news, said he was in touch with the person claiming to be Izzy, but this “Izzy” was refusing to take steps to verify his identity.  

A person close to Stradlin says he was just trying to figure out how to use Twitter on his own—and it was taking time. Late Monday night, two people said that the account was definitely Stradlin, but direct confirmation was still lacking. A few hours later, Stradlin posted a 20 second video of himself playing a cover of the 1971 song “Sunshine” by Jonathan Edwards.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2016/03/01/yes-that-is-guns-n-roses-co-founder-izzy-stradlin-on-twitter/

• Like 3

I am a little disappointed that he was verified because the other thread was a lot fun. I am drawn to speculation. The guessing and the debating makes me happy.

However, on the other hand, that Sunshine song makes up for the verified account. Now we get to do all sorts of speculation on it!

Oh, yeah this topic is about Izzy being out. Well... truthfully it doesn't really matter to me... I hoped that he'd write with them, but I never cared all that strongly if he was on the stage. I mean, it would be cool if he did, but it otherwise doesn't affect me in any negative manner. I do feel a little bad for those of who were pinning your hopes on it.

• Like 2

Izzy and Axl have had their falling-outs before. From a 2009 interview re: the 2006 shows with Izzy:

Axl Rose: A lot more reasons than I'll get into here now. Different reasons for each version and each individual. The Izzy bit was fun — and also fun because we didn't have to rely on him in any way, which is how he prefers things and works better for everyone. That said, you never knew if Izzy would be there or not or if he'd remember the song or decide to leave early. It didn't cause any problems, because we were doing our show regardless and didn't have to depend on anything, but it did open everyone's eyes a bit and blow minds.

He called, asked to come out and negotiated a deal with management that it's probably best that none of us knew about or the fun would've seemed a bit more like being used or taken advantage of spoiling the moment. As it was, we had a great time.

Izzy still ended up joining Axl for some 2012 shows. I'm sure they'll come to another agreement again during this tour, if not in time for the April shows. My guess from Izzy's tweets is that he was holding out for a reunion that included him and Adler as full members, and/or he wants to be paid the same as Slash and Duff. Axl has said before that he can't rely on Izzy or Adler for a full tour, and I think he also doesn't want to fire Frank or Fortus after all this time.

• Like 3