Meet the designer behind GnR's stage outfits for Coachella

Maybe it's because I'm an adult male but I could give two fucks what another grown ass man wears. I mean if you are a Woman and want to put it down on Axl,Slash, Duff,Fortus,Frank or Dizzy then maybe I could see you caring about what they wear /their appearance but other than that not really. I want a kick ass three hour show with rarities and maybe a rant or two. 

I don't get the whole thing where people born into wealth act so tortured, and go out of their way to look poorer than they are.

8 hours ago, sonofnazareth said:

those clothes look terrible..too gaudy.

So Axl will love them then! It's very much his taste tbh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Subtle Signs said:

Maybe it's because I'm an adult male but I could give two fucks what another grown ass man wears. I mean if you are a Woman and want to put it down on Axl,Slash, Duff,Fortus,Frank or Dizzy then maybe I could see you caring about what they wear /their appearance but other than that not really. I want a kick ass three hour show with rarities and maybe a rant or two. 

Pitman too? What do you think, will he be there?

9 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

I think most people agree with you on that. The part that seems crazy (and extremely lame) is that Axl Rose, the man people say is the last true rock star, mr bad-ass himself, is hiring people to dress him for concerts. 

I imagine Lemmy would have laughed and told somebody to f*ck off if they asked him if he paid for a  Hollywood designer to pick out his wardrobes. 

If people want to spend their money on that - more power to them. It's just not what we expect the last true rock star out there to do. 

• Like 1

That article… as a graphic designer, every man and their dog I know has at some point designed and printed their own t-shirt range. 

That article was by far the most pretentious, vain piece of writing, coupled with some lazy, uninspiring, clichéd designs. 

• Like 2

Hopefully the stylist throws out all the oversized hats and jackets that make him look like he's in the witness protection program and doesn't want to be recognized.  Just go back to the 06 look, jeans and shirt.  Simple and the best he's ever dressed during his career. 

2 minutes ago, yourcrazy said:

Hopefully the stylist throws out all the oversized hats and jackets that make him look like he's in the witness protection program and doesn't want to be recognized.  Just go back to the 06 look, jeans and shirt.  Simple and the best he's ever dressed during his career. 

the best he's ever dressed was at the 1994 rock n roll hall of fame ceremony. 

On 3/12/2016 at 0:45 PM, Subtle Signs said:

I agree to a certain extent.. There is a line crossed that you just look fucking stupid though.. Axl tends to go one way or the other.. The whole spandex biker shorts phase was awful. Especially when you add the blazers or the gaudy leather jackets with them.. He looked cool during the Skin N' Bones leg in 93.. Izzy always seemed to look cool as fuck no matter what year it was.. I am also a big fan of just going to rock out in Jeans in a tshirt.

This is my application to be hired as GN'R's reunion stylist:

Dear Team Brazil,

You've probably followed The Dress Thread in Anything Goes for the last few years, so you will already know that I can pair tailoring skills with excellent sartorial taste. 

I will pick out some rad t-shirt, jeans and hats combinations for all of Guns N' Roses and also ensure the band wears fresh underwear every day. (I know about men… some prefer to do the 4-day change. Eww!) 

You'll also know from the Job Hunting Thread that I am available for work with immediate start. I can provide recommendations in the form of 873 Community Reputation points and my moderator status will ensure that any untoward comments regarding a band members' personal appearance will result in the offending poster doing obligatory cycling shorts wearing.

I will accept payment in the satisfaction that Guns N' Roses won't be dressed like Mötley Crüe nor Poison on their latter-day tours.

Yours Sincerely,

Gracii Guns (Mrs.)

(I know this sounds like a joke, but if the job were offered to me I'd accept. Think about it, Fernando :P) 

• Like 1

This guy is a fucking moron. The price point beats off the masses... Just say you're a greedy Ponce and get on with it. All this high art nonsense makes me sick. 

Gnr were always somewhat fashionable, but I wish they could've aligned themselves with someone a little less pretentious... I guess that might be difficult considering the majority of the fashion industry.