New Rolling Stone Podcast Discussing Reunion

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/listen-to-rolling-stone-music-now-podcast-gnr-fiona-apple-george-martin-20160321

from 8 mins onwards.

This episode, we discuss Guns N' Roses. After decades of acrimony, Axl Rose and Slash are getting back together onstage. Can they pull off the rock reunion of the year? Associate editor Andy Greene and senior writer Brian Hiatt take a deep dive into the monster band’s ups and downs

Rolling Stone hires some of the stupidest people in the world...

it wasn't that bad but there is a lot of misinformation in the podcast, I mean I get that they are not GNR nerds like us but a little research would have gone a long way in the podcast. 

They are clearly in the dark on the reunion like us, they have no idea what's going. At one point the guys are saying how Axl's GNR kept changing then they say except for Stinson...and Pitman...and Dizzy. They never mentioned Fortus who has been there for 15 years, they missed the dates/year Slash left GNR, they said Duff and Axl became close again after Duff's band was scheduled to open for GNR. They are talking about Axl not giving a shit about being sued or late then say that Axl is only in it for the money...

I guess podcast are suppose to be sloppy like this, but these guys suck. However they mentioned mygnr obsessing over Andy's tweets on Izzy. 

I think gnr is going to surprise a lot of people come April, I don't think it's as much of a money grab and I think the shows will be amazing. Everyone else seems to think they are still drug addicts that will likely never show up on stage. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Rolling Stone hires some of the stupidest people in the world...

it wasn't that bad but there is a lot of misinformation in the podcast, I mean I get that they are not GNR nerds like us but a little research would have gone a long way in the podcast. 

They are clearly in the dark on the reunion like us, they have no idea what's going. At one point the guys are saying how Axl's GNR kept changing then they say except for Stinson...and Pitman...and Dizzy. They never mentioned Fortus who has been there for 15 years, they missed the dates/year Slash left GNR, they said Duff and Axl became close again after Duff's band was scheduled to open for GNR. They are talking about Axl not giving a shit about being sued or late then say that Axl is only in it for the money...

I guess podcast are suppose to be sloppy like this, but these guys suck. However they mentioned mygnr obsessing over Andy's tweets on Izzy. 

I think gnr is going to surprise a lot of people come April, I don't think it's as much of a money grab and I think the shows will be amazing. Everyone else seems to think they are still drug addicts that will likely never show up on stage. 

Yea I had a chuckle how they mentioned this forum and twizzygate.

Funny how many media people actually follow and watch this forum.

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

I couldn't make it to hear this shit. I fell asleep before it started, lol.
But now you say they mentioned mygnr I will give it a try again. :lol:

They better mention me!

They play Izzy's fucking voice message to Andy!!! That right there is probably the most interesting thing we've gotten from this whole reunion. We can actually hear his voice, his words, his inflections, etc, which I think is awesome. A major plus to this podcast.

I'm listening to it now and everything else is sort of unimportant. Its detailing the whole thing for those not aware, and just more speculating on their own, but I will say its pretty interesting to hear actual major journalists talking about this just like we would. Cause they know their stuff, so its better than nothing at this point.

If you're bored and have nothing to do, IMO its a pretty interesting listen. But if you wanna hear anything, you should hear Izzy's voicemail at 23 minutes in (maybe 30 seconds before, but its like right around that time).

The mentioning of MYGNR and the 50 page thread about Izzy's Twitter was also worth it for me lol. That really made me laugh out loud, thinking back to that fond time two weeks ago!

Just now, gunsfanoldie said:

They play Izzy's fucking voice message to Andy!!! That right there is probably the most interesting thing we've gotten from this whole reunion. We can actually hear his voice, his words, his inflections, etc, which I think is awesome. A major plus to this podcast.

I'm listening to it now and everything else is sort of unimportant. Its detailing the whole thing for those not aware, and just more speculating on their own, but I will say its pretty interesting to hear actual major journalists talking about this just like we would. Cause they know their stuff, so its better than nothing at this point.

If you're bored and have nothing to do, IMO its a pretty interesting listen. But if you wanna hear anything, you should hear Izzy's voicemail at 23 minutes in (maybe 30 seconds before, but its like right around that time).

The mentioning of MYGNR and the 50 page thread about Izzy's Twitter was also worth it for me lol. That really made me laugh out loud, thinking back to that fond time two weeks ago!

The animation they did of Izzy's voicemail is total ace in my opinion. I love how they imagined Izzy behind the phone :lol:

Just now, gunsfanoldie said:

Lol I thought it was video of the entire podcast. Now I gotcha. Still, very funny and cool animation. Nice work Rolling Stone.

Oh, no, haha.. I was too lazy to quote the part of your post where you mention Izzy's voicemail but I meant that they did an animation of it and it's fucking cool.

I have played it like 50 times already. Dunno why!

• Like 1