Axl Joining AC/DC? New pic posted on TMZ

NachoLZ

7 hours ago, Bono said:

If a publicity stunt was the plan then the GnR camp are the dumbest fuckers on the planet. It's detracting from the hype of the "reunion".  The world is now more interested in seeing Axl perform in AC/DC than they are seeing him reunite with Slash. Its' an idiotic move if publicity was their intention. If they wanted a publicity stunt do a fucking joint interview on Kimmel for fuck sakes. Oh wait that means Axl would have to show up. nevermind. 

That's not how viral marketing and social media works.  When a rumor like this goes viral on social media it trends on every major media outlet in the country.  That's what you want because when you deny the rumor a week later and announced a full US tour, you will reach the same amount of people because of the initial trend.

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

I can't believe so-called fans of Axl are being so negative about this. Finally the guy is motivated to do something, anything, with MUSIC and all you can do is put him down, make him feel insecure about himself and literally turn your back on his own personal wishes. 

This same stuff happened with Chinese Democracy. Nothing Axl does seems to be ok or enough for some fans. No wonder why he wants nothing to do with us :(

agreed. if this was decades, even years ago, people would've been psyched. if this is true, he's gotta be feeling good about his vocals and it'll give him the chance to do something different for a change. if this happens, and i'm not even that into AC/DC, i'll be at the show.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

I can't believe so-called fans of Axl are being so negative about this. Finally the guy is motivated to do something, anything, with MUSIC and all you can do is put him down, make him feel insecure about himself and literally turn your back on his own personal wishes. 

This same stuff happened with Chinese Democracy. Nothing Axl does seems to be ok or enough for some fans. No wonder why he wants nothing to do with us :(

You do know that not every GNR fans likes AC/DC don't you?

1 hour ago, Colossus of Rhodes said:
maybe they can use this guy, he's still around (I think):

He already said he would do it.

36 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Or Axl for that matter.

55 minutes ago, Towelie said:

So what?

Nowhere it says he's quitting Guns N' Roses to join ACDC on a permanent basis. He would be filling up some dates, maybe just a handful of them. How long is that? A month?

You all making a scandal because he dedicates one single month of his life to do something for a band he loves?

Fuck me Jesus the selfishness!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

He's a lead guitarist though. 

Biggest crime is that Airbourne never played support for AC/DC, instead we got The Subways or Vintage Trouble. 

Airbourne would be a warm up act in the truest form!

Vintage Trouble is a far superior band. Very talented. Airbourne lacks the blues aspect of AC/DC music, they just scream and play basic chord, BFD.

But the best opening act we got in recent AC/DC shows was The Answer, no contest. These guys are so great.

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Or Axl for that matter.

You must be joking. Every Guns fan loves Axl. Some just say they don't but they do. Musically speaking of course. If you meant like his personality, it's part of the reason he's such a great frontman.

How can you truly dislike Axl and yet dig his voice and the music? I think it's mainly cause some fans are bitter about Axl shoplifting the name and the control issues and late starts and no shows. (that's in the past now)

Perhaps Daisy, but that's it. It's hard to resist Axl's charisma and talent as a Guns fan. Like when you see him live do you not love him? you're thinking that fuckin' asshole? as a Guns fan? lol.  I don't believe it. When I saw him live he was lovable and I shouted "Axl I love you!" during This I Love but I was too far in the back.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, Rovim said:

You must be joking. Every Guns fan loves Axl. Some just say they don't but they do. Musically speaking of course. If you meant like his personality, it's part of the reason he's such a great frontman.

How can you truly dislike Axl and yet dig his voice and the music? I think it's mainly cause some fans are bitter about Axl shoplifting the name and the control issues and late starts and no shows. (that's in the past now)

Perhaps Daisy, but that's it. It's hard to resist Axl's charisma and talent as a Guns fan. Like when you see him live do you not love him? you're thinking that fuckin' asshole? lol.  I don't believe it. When I saw him live he was lovable and I shouted "Axl I love you!" but I was too far in the back.

Great post. I think a lot of the people here are exactly as you described. 

I think you hit the nail on the head though with fans being bitter about naming rights and Axl's past. He hasn't had a problem lately. Actually if you look at him objectively, he's been a breath of fresh air in the music industry, pumping out high quality shows and not making a fool of himself like so many today. Oh yeah and as far as we know he let 2 of the other 4 major figure heads of the band that people like who you quoted "demand", and he is still the bad guy.

Keeping myths alive personally and culturally is human nature so you can't blame them really. Change is really hard and once you have a model in your head of something it's really hard to drop. I struggle with this too. But so many have viewed Axl as the boogy man they need to keep this GNR comic book story going, it's hard to drop. Like when Hogan came back from the NWO to be a good guy again. He was too far gone for some to give the time of day. Or others liked him as the bad guy because of his squeaky clean past. It's like trying to get someone to use the position of the sun to tell time instead of a clock. Old habits die hard.

Edited by Sprite
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

So what?

Nowhere it says he's quitting Guns N' Roses to join ACDC on a permanent basis. He would be filling up some dates, maybe just a handful of them. How long is that? A month?

You all making a scandal because he dedicates one single month of his life to do something for a band he loves?

Fuck me Jesus the selfishness!!

No, you get it wrong. There's nothing wrong in him dedicating a month of his life to guest singing for AC/DC. Just not necessairly now, making a huge sensation and promotion for AC/DC in the wake of the first real GN'R tour in decades. For example, Slash and Duff have other projects too but they're not engaged in them now. Now is the time for GNR. For the tour, for some new music, FINALLY. It's the timing that bothers me not the fact that he does smth outside of GNR in general.

Call me selfish as much as you like but I'd rather have him prepare for the GNR tour now and invest in this than be focusing on touring with ACDC.

Of course, it may be a one-off or something for the future, then ok. But if the GNR thing gets postponed because Axl is doing a leg with AC/DC then, sorry, I ain't gonna be happpy about it and probably many people won't be. I just hope these many don't include the band members...

23 minutes ago, Sprite said:

Great post. I think a lot of the people here are exactly as you described. 

I think you hit the nail on the head though with fans being bitter about naming rights and Axl's past. He hasn't had a problem lately. Actually he's been a breath of fresh air in the music industry, pumping out high quality shows and not making a fool of himself like so many today. Oh yeah and as far as we know he let 2 of the other 4 major figure heads of the band that people like who you quoted "demand", and he is still the bad guy.

Keeping myths alive personally and culturally is human nature so you can't blame them really. Change is really hard and once you have a model in your head of something it's really hard to drop. I struggle with this too. But so many have viewed Axl as the boogy man they need to keep this GNR comic book story going, it's hard to drop. Like when Hogan came back from the NWO to be a good guy again. He was too far gone for some to give the time of day. Or others liked him as the bad guy because of his squeaky clean past. It's like trying to get someone to use the position of the sun to tell time instead of a clock. Old habits die hard.

Thanks, but I mean I do realize there are some people that just don't like him, Guns fans. But to me, it's possible to think someone is a fuckin' cunt and still love them yeah? like people might be still pissed off about the Axl and Slash thing. A smaller group is bummed out about Izzy, or Duff, or Adler or all of them, but it's just... not really objective in my opinion. Like some fans just hate how Axl handled or mishandled shit, but that doesn't mean that they don't love him deep down inside. He's just a big part of what makes Guns so special. And that goes for each and every one of the members in old Guns.

It's like Axl is the wife that slept around for some fans. They feel betrayed if I had to guess which is the reason for the silly shit.

Edited by Rovim

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

Thanks, but I mean I do realize there are some people that just don't like him, Guns fans. But to me, like you can think someone is a fuckin' cunt and still love them yeah? like people might be still pissed off about the Axl and Slash thing. A smaller group is bummed out about Izzy, or Duff, or Adler or all of them, but it's just... not really objective in my opinion. Like some fans just hate how Axl handled or mishandled shit, but that doesn't mean that they don't love him deep down inside. He's just a big part of the magic of this band.

For sure. It's clear Guns N Roses wouldn't be who they are without Axl. It's obviously true that all 5 originals had something great to offer. But to deny Axl (& Slash's) star shined a little brighter is almost somewhat comical and based purely in personal issues with him. Those 2 made them who they are. If I ask a random person who is Axl Rose and Slash, most at least know of the names. If I ask "Who is Izzy Stradlin?" I would get a dull look, 9/10 times. And that is not to downplay Izzy's or any of the others importance. It's just truth.

I get it though. Like how can some of these people fly from all over and pay 1000's of dollars to see them, yet 95% of their post content is something negative about Axl, who happens to be the star of the show. But they'll be complete fanboys when Axl looks at their area in the pit. Weird shit I know.

• Like 1

For sure. It's clear Guns N Roses wouldn't be who they are without Axl. It's obviously true that all 5 originals had something great to offer. But to deny Axl (& Slash's) star shined a little brighter is almost somewhat comical and based purely in personal issues with him. Those 2 made them who they are. If I ask a random person who is Axl Rose and Slash, most at least know of the names. If I ask "Who is Izzy Stradlin?" I would get a dull look, 9/10 times. And that is not to downplay Izzy's or any of the others importance. It's just truth.

Image wise, yes. It's true that Axl and Slash are the big stars in the band. Like Page and Plant or like a Joe Perry/Tyler situation.

Musically, their talents are naturally appreciated by more people cause we're talking about lead vocals and lead guitar in a hard rock band from the 80's.

But Izzy is the foundation of Guns. He always was. Musically, I'd say he is the most talented of the 5. If albums and tunes are the main goal. But it's still not Guns without Axl's and Slash's talents. Every person possesses different gifts. The Guns recipe requires all 5 ingredients.

It's like Izzy is not capable of doing what Axl and Slash do, but they can't ever do what Izzy does as well. His talent just happens to be the most crucial if you're gonna you know... write tunes. Plus, Izzy doesn't really need anyone else to write, record, and release a good album. Or 10. Izzy is to Guns what Keith is to The Stones. Shiny.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Asia said:

No, you get it wrong. There's nothing wrong in him dedicating a month of his life to guest singing for AC/DC. Just not necessairly now, making a huge sensation and promotion for AC/DC in the wake of the first real GN'R tour in decades. For example, Slash and Duff have other projects too but they're not engaged in them now. Now is the time for GNR. For the tour, for some new music, FINALLY. It's the timing that bothers me not the fact that he does smth outside of GNR in general.

Call me selfish as much as you like but I'd rather have him prepare for the GNR tour now and invest in this than be focusing on touring with ACDC.

Of course, it may be a one-off or something for the future, then ok. But if the GNR thing gets postponed because Axl is doing a leg with AC/DC then, sorry, I ain't gonna be happpy about it and probably many people won't be. I just hope these many don't include the band members...

You know the big thing here is this would actually be a dream come true for Axl...this goes beyond money, timing and other stuff. If Axl wants to do this than let it be, I mean this opportunity won't come up again. He's probably turned down a million offers to do God knows what, but if he accepted something like this than just know it gets him excited and reenergized, it will be good in the long run. 

Besides remember that trunk interview where they talk about him playing Whole Lotta Rosie and Riff Raff...he says he does that to get himself going again. He loves ACDC material

side note..ACDC forum appears to be off to non members now haha

15 minutes ago, Rovim said:

If you mean image then yes, it's true that Axl and Slash are the big stars in the band. Like Page and Plant and joe perry/tyler whatever.

Their musical talents are naturally appreciated by more people cause we're talking about lead vocals and lead guitar in a hard rock band from the 80's.

But Izzy is the foundation of Guns. He always was. Musically, I'd say he is the most talented of the 5. If albums and tunes are the main goal. But it's still not Guns without Axl's and Slash's talents. Every person possesses different gifts. The Guns recipe requires all 5 ingredients.

It's like Izzy is not capable of doing what Axl and Slash do, but they can't ever do what Izzy does as well. His talent just happens to be the most crucial if you're gonna you know... write tunes. Plus, Izzy doesn't need anyone else to release a good album. Or 10. Izzy is to Guns what Keith is to The Stones. Shiny as fuck.

Yes I was more speaking image. There is absolutely no denying Izzy. Since this whole "Will he or won't he" thing we've been doing with Izzy's involvement lately, I dusted off some of his solo records and I honestly forgot just how great he is. I can listen to "Box" or "Jump in now" and I think as a Guns song, they are huge hits. Why couldn't the Ju Ju hounds record have been the followup to Illusions? His solo career is by far the best of all of old GNR in my opinion and he wrote so much of Guns material.  

I think that is what made them so great. They just had it all. The eccentric frontman, the bluesy lead guitar, a bass and percussion section you could groove to and of course, Izzy making it all gel. Damn I need to go listen to Appetite. 

• Like 1

I was a huge AC/DC fan back when Bon Scott was alive. and I thought "Back in Black" was pretty good but after that I was just like "meh" on Brian Johnson. I have always wanted them to have Marc Storace from Krokus as the post Bon singer. I love Axl and he'd be great but as someone pointed out on FB "Even if this rumor is true and even if it turns out to be great, Angus will chop Axl's head off the second he tries to inject Sweet Child Of Mine into the set. (And don't think Axl won't make the attempt!!)

Yes I was more speaking image. There is absolutely no denying Izzy. Since this whole "Will he or won't he" thing we've been doing with Izzy's involvement lately, I dusted off some of his solo records and I honestly forgot just how great he is. I can listen to "Box" or "Jump in now" and I think as a Guns song, they are huge hits. Why couldn't the Ju Ju hounds record have been the followup to Illusions? His solo career is by far the best of all of old GNR in my opinion and he wrote so much of Guns material.  

I think that is what made them so great. They just had it all. The eccentric frontman, the bluesy lead guitar, a bass and percussion section you could groove to and of course, Izzy making it all gel. Damn I need to go listen to Appetite. 

This is off topic so I apologize, but I have to admit I've been listening to his solo albums more and more and the sloppy nature of it doesn't bother me as much cause so many songs are just quality stuff. Like I can get past some of the leads and the melodic choices.

I also find that his voice is one of the most pleasing singing voices for me personally. Like he's definitely not a proper singer, but there's a lot of magic in his delivery and brutally honest as well.

Jump In Now is a great song. But you know... you never get the fully fleshed out kind of thing like you get with Guns or even with Chinese. On the other hand it's so obvious and clear to me now from listening to his solo work that a huge part of the Guns sound comes from Izzy and there is a very natural maturity to his material. A straight forward and intelligent way of looking at life which is comforting.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2