Axl Joining AC/DC? New pic posted on TMZ

NachoLZ

5 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

I think it's hilairious, the only way it could be funnier would be to have a CCTV hook up on the face of all the fans when they hear the news, that would be the priceless bit :lol:

Now you're just wishing ill-will towards other people....because people would get seriously hurt....both mentally and physically....it would get ugly...really ugly.   :lol:

3 hours ago, highvoltage said:

What the fuck... :lol:

As an AC/DC fan, how do you feel about all of this HV?

9 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Now you're just wishing ill-will towards other people....because people would get seriously hurt....both mentally and physically....it would get ugly...really ugly.   :lol:

As an AC/DC fan, how do you feel about all of this HV?

A little bit dirty to be honest. They are different bands from a different era with a different vibe and a different ethos. I just don't see the matchup at all.

Of course I'm curious and hoping it's going to sound awesome (!!!) - but I know GN'R aren't universally popular with AC/DC fans by any means, so it all seems like a really weird move to me.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, vloors said:

I had a laugh that Axl actually goes to rehearsals with acdc when he is known not to rehearse at all with guns n roses.

I would be pissed if i was a guns n roses band member and his been putting all the effort into acdc rehearsing etc and not giving a fuck or any preparation for the guns n roses concerts/tour.

this is all so confusing... :/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, highvoltage said:

A little bit dirty to be honest. They are different bands from a different era with a different vibe and a different ethos. I just don't see the matchup at all.

Of course I'm curious and hoping it's going to sound awesome (!!!) - but I know GN'R aren't universally popular with AC/DC fans by any means, so it all seems like a really weird move to me.

As primarily a G N' R fan and as a casual AC/DC fan, I feel pretty much the same way.  Not sure how Axl or AC/DC could come out ahead in this one, really. 

6 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

As primarily a G N' R fan and as a casual AC/DC fan, I feel pretty much the same way.  Not sure how Axl or AC/DC could come out ahead in this one, really. 

Both bands get a ton of press if Axl fronts AC/DC for a few shows. Two of the biggest rock acts in history hooking up briefly, everyone comes out ahead as long as Axl doesn't stink it up. You really don't see any of the appeal of Axl fronting an AC/DC gig while off for a few weeks on the GNR tour? Tons of people would want to see that just because. Don't believe the die hards for either band when saying how bad it would be. I'd love to see Axl belt out Back In Black, Thunderstruck, Highway to Hell, etc. if he sounds similiar to 2010.

It'd be one of rock's legendary stories.

Edited by Ak1nney
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ak1nney said:

Both bands get a ton of press if Axl fronts AC/DC for a few shows. Two of the biggest rock acts in history hooking up briefly, everyone comes out ahead as long as Axl doesn't stink it up. You really don't see any of the appeal of Axl fronting an AC/DC gig while off for a few weeks on the GNR tour? Tons of people would want to see that just because. Don't believe the die hards for either band when saying how bad it would be. I'd love to see Axl belt out Back In Black, Thunderstruck, Highway to Hell, etc. if he sounds similiar to 2010.

I would love to see Axl as a guest performer, for 5-6 songs, along with other guest performers doing other songs...like Eddie Trunk referred to...maybe even half a set.....but a full 10 shows as the sole frontman of AC/DC?  I think that would be odd.....especially at this point in time, when millions of fans are beyond excited about the Guns N' Roses reunion.  I think it would detract from it....almost as if it was supposed  to be on the same level.....and it's absolutely not....not for AC/DC fans and not for Guns N' Roses fans.

Edited by Kasanova King

11 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I would love to see Axl as a guest performer, for 5-6 songs, along with other guest performers doing other songs...like Eddie Trunk referred to...maybe even half a set.....but a full 10 shows as the sole frontman of AC/DC?  I think that would be odd.....especially at this point in time, when millions of fans are beyond excited about the Guns N' Roses reunion.  I think it would detract from it....almost as if it was supposed  to be on the same level.....and it's absolutely not....not for AC/DC fans and not for Guns N' Roses fans.

I see the odds much higher of him doing a couple full shows between GNR tour legs. Having multiple guest singers on 10 different shows during the same show seems like a huge mess to coordinate for everyone involved.

1 hour ago, Ak1nney said:

Except there was a pic posted this past week of Axl's setup at GNR rehearsals.

That photo is nothing but a few bowling balls, a water bottle and whisles on a bench next to a foot pedal. There was no pic of Axl himself.

Axl is in Atlanta rehearsing with AC/DC and unless Guns n Roses are also in Atlanta rehearsing I dont see Axl travelling back and forth to rehearse with two bands simultaneously.

For all we know Axl has stayed in Atlanta since the first fan pic with Axl in the hotel lobby dropped a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, vloors said:

That photo is nothing but a few bowling balls, a water bottle and whisles on a bench next to a foot pedal. There was no pic of Axl himself.

Axl is in Atlanta rehearsing with AC/DC and unless Guns n Roses are also in Atlanta rehearsing I dont see Axl travelling back and forth to rehearse with two bands simultaneously.

For all we know Axl has stayed in Atlanta since the first fan pic with Axl in the hotel lobby dropped a few weeks ago.

If Guns are in ATL rehearsing...and that could be, then the whole picture means nothing, FYI.  

How does no one have a single pic of Slash or Duff (or even Frank) anywhere?   Hard to believe.  What happened to the alleged hangar they were rehearsing in?   Never thought I'd say this but - 'Paging TMZ, a little help here please.' 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, vloors said:

Hopefully this is true and the extra training gets his voice back up to scratch

Until Axl starts singing highway to hell in the middle of jungle.

"Because your on the highway.... *fuck* Need... Jungle..."

• Like 3

Can you imagine Axl singing Thunderstruck?? Like what the fuck~!

There'd have to be a DVD like River Plate if it ends up being really good, haha. 

Edited by Ant

1 hour ago, Original said:

How does no one have a single pic of Slash or Duff (or even Frank) anywhere?   Hard to believe.  What happened to the alleged hangar they were rehearsing in?   Never thought I'd say this but - 'Paging TMZ, a little help here please.' 

Super secret ninja disguise. That explains it all.

AC/DC doesn't have those powers.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, IkaruFunk said:

Super secret ninja disguise. That explains it all.

AC/DC doesn't have those powers.

Axl is usually the hidden one though. Its extremely odd to see 3 pics of him within a month when hes not on tour... There's not even a single pic of him in 2015.

44 minutes ago, liers said:

Axl is usually the hidden one though. Its extremely odd to see 3 pics of him within a month when hes not on tour... There's not even a single pic of him in 2015.

That's why I think the AC/DC thing is for real and how would paparazzi know he was there?? Sometimes photographers are called by the artists to have the news appearing in the media.

You are right, no picture of Axl after Vegas 2014 and not a single one during 2015. Now he's out everywhere.... Its part of the promotion of all of it. When Axl wants to be seen, we get pictures of him.

1 hour ago, Ant said:

Can you imagine Axl singing Thunderstruck?? Like what the fuck~!

There'd have to be a DVD like River Plate if it ends up being really good, haha. 

I keep imagining him singing Money Talks in his clean voice and cringing tbh :lol:

He could do a lot of Bon era songs tho. I'd imagine AC/DC would put out at least 1 or 2 pro-shot songs if this really does happen too, or more if Axl somehow does end up doing all 10 shows. I still think they'd more likely get multiple singers but who knows?