Changes to official website - (UPDATE - website now run by Ticketmaster)

18 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

I'm still wondering why they're changing the nightrain packages already and what's exactly going to be different with them 

I wish they would consider a premium fan club membership. I think it was Rob Zombie that offered his premium club members with a concert pass where you could attend as many concerts as you wanted with GA access. Given the current price of tickets, I would pay $1500 for a pass and still come out ahead after this tour is over. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McCoyGNR said:

I wish they would consider a premium fan club membership. I think it was Rob Zombie that offered his premium club members with a concert pass where you could attend as many concerts as you wanted with GA access. Given the current price of tickets, I would pay $1500 for a pass and still come out ahead after this tour is over. 

That wasn't technically for a fanclub. That was part of a crowd fund type thing for his new movie. I bought that pass. It's awesome not having to worry about getting a ticket each time and just sending somone an email telling them that you'll be there. I made  read about it at the time actually. I would definitely buy something like that for Guns  but it would have to be general mission every single time and include early entry.

17 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

That wasn't technically for a fanclub. That was part of a crowd fund type thing for his new movie. I bought that pass. It's awesome not having to worry about getting a ticket each time and just sending somone an email telling them that you'll be there. I made  read about it at the time actually. I would definitely buy something like that for Guns  but it would have to be general mission every single time and include early entry.

Oh you're right, it was for 31.... Which I am still waiting for... 

But either way, I love the concept. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

I'm still wondering why they're changing the nightrain packages already and what's exactly going to be different with them 

I'll bet they have regular,deluxe,super deluxe packages etc when they open up again.  I don't think they will offer a different fan club shirt than the one we have already received with a deluxe membership. If they do,they know they will have lots of hardcores who will buy the even more deluxe package to be completists.

Nightrain will get slammed once again with new members  (scalpers) looking to get in on pre-sales. I think they will let us buy tickets based on 1) How long we've been a member and 2) The level of package that you purchased earlier this year.

9 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

I'll bet they have regular,deluxe,super deluxe packages etc when they open up again.  I don't think they will offer a different fan club shirt than the one we have already received with a deluxe membership. If they do,they know they will have lots of hardcores who will buy the even more deluxe package to be completists.

Nightrain will get slammed once again with new members  (scalpers) looking to get in on pre-sales. I think they will let us buy tickets based on 1) How long we've been a member and 2) The level of package that you purchased earlier this year.

I don't necessarily disagree with your opinion, but why is TicketMaster "shit".  What makes you come to that conclusion?

I haven't bought a lot of tickets to shows over the last few years so my experience is limited, but I've never had any issues, so I'm wondering what your issues are.

And please don't come at me with the whole "they charge a bunch of extra BS fees stuff", I'm aware of that.....

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

I don't necessarily disagree with your opinion, but why is TicketMaster "shit".  What makes you come to that conclusion?

I haven't bought a lot of tickets to shows over the last few years so my experience is limited, but I've never had any issues, so I'm wondering what your issues are.

And please don't come at me with the whole "they charge a bunch of extra BS fees stuff", I'm aware of that.....

I don't think I said they were shit. Maybe another poster did? For 9/10 shows I usually buy on Craigslist the day of or from a scalper at the venue so I'm not bothered by their fees etc. I read a great article a while back about corruption in the ticketing business that I'll attempt to find and post the link on here but I think it had something to do with New York States attempt to get involved in ticketing after big shows like Bruce Springsteen were basically sold out from Stubhub like services buying the tickets up before fans even had the chance.

9 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

I don't think I said they were shit. Maybe another poster did? For 9/10 shows I usually buy on Craigslist the day of or from a scalper at the venue so I'm not bothered by their fees etc. I read a great article a while back about corruption in the ticketing business that I'll attempt to find and post the link on here but I think it had something to do with New York States attempt to get involved in ticketing after big shows like Bruce Springsteen were basically sold out from Stubhub like services buying the tickets up before fans even had the chance.

You didn't.....somehow, I quoted you and now who I meant!   Mah Bad!  

5 hours ago, axlsend said:

Speaking from personal experience TicketMaster is shit.

See!

If you think Ticketmaster/LiveNation are shit, you're shit out of luck. It's the biggest used site by bands to buy initial tickets from. EVERY site has the overload during initial sales for big events, and EVERY site deals with scalper bot bullshit. At least when I buy from them, I can print my tickets off immediately or know they will show up 99% of the time versus that BS with the Vegas shows.

58 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

If you think Ticketmaster/LiveNation are shit, you're shit out of luck. It's the biggest used site by bands to buy initial tickets from. EVERY site has the overload during initial sales for big events, and EVERY site deals with scalper bot bullshit. At least when I buy from them, I can print my tickets off immediately or know they will show up 99% of the time versus that BS with the Vegas shows.

This is an excellent point.  I did not understand that at all....and TM is very good with using the technology for ticketless entry (ie scaning the tix on your mobile device) in my opinion.

Here's the thing on scalpers.  It is very freaking easy for all ticketing companies to go a swipe system with the card being used to be swiped and allow access at the gate.  While this may inconvenience some fans who do not end up going and want to re-sell their tix for legit reasons, I believe that system would be far and away the best and easiest way to combat the scalper problem.

But, these ticketing companies really don't care who buys their tickets to be honest.  They are getting theirs as long as the tickets sell, who buys them is really not their concern unfortunately.

More bands need to move to what Pearl Jam and Maiden do with fan club tix.....very limited number per person and pick up at the venue with ID and proof of purchase.   

They're changing membership packages again?:wacko:

I purchased a membership (regular, not digital) in September. In January, that membership suddenly became a second-class membership for all intents and purposes - when I signed up, it was all about equal access to contests and perks etc, and now there would be special contests and perks for deluxe members. When I pointed out that that wasn't very cool, I had people there imply that I was a hooray for tolerance!, not a real fan, and other lovely stuff along those lines.

Fewer than three months after that change, it's changing again... seems strange to me.

I hope that it's to make it more equal once more, rather than another price rise.

4 hours ago, Kittiara said:

I purchased a membership (regular, not digital) in September. In January, that membership suddenly became a second-class membership for all intents and purposes - when I signed up, it was all about equal access to contests and perks etc, and now there would be special contests and perks for deluxe members. When I pointed out that that wasn't very cool, I had people there imply that I was a hooray for tolerance!, not a real fan, and other lovely stuff along those lines.

Fewer than three months after that change, it's changing again... seems strange to me.

I hope that it's to make it more equal once more, rather than another price rise.

Yeah, no doubt. I joined just prior to the presale stuff for vegas, that morning actually when I found out about it. I joined at the higher level because I liked the T-shirt, but this damn well better not be another thing to extort more money out of people. Between what I already dropped on Vegas, and what I'll probably drop on Pgh, I feel like I've done my part, and better still have all the access to everything that I already paid for. Oh, well. That's my rant. End rant. Vegas in T minus 11 days and counting... slowly counting.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kittiara said:

I think since they put up "Current members sit tight", they have a plan for a transition.

I don't know, but I can see them crediting the current members with the remaining time of the original membership for this new one.

I also don't know this, but I think since Live Nation/Ticketmaster have taken over the management of the website, that's the reason for the fan club change. Wonderful Union used to run the website and fan club before.

• Like 1

Imagine if the new website includes a streaming service for Nightrain members where you can stream all the UYI Tour shows and the recorded AFD Tour shows! 

Highly unlikely and just a dream I know but I would lose my shit if it would come true!

Edited by youngswedishvinyl
  • Like 1

The Metallica website is one of the best for any artist imo. They have a decent amount of content and the fanclub is good value.

It would be good if GNR could do something like that, but then Metallica are a pretty open with their fans.

• Like 1

I'm surprised we don't have a couple of geeks and I mean that in a positive way, who don't already know what's really going on with the gnr.com site?  I'd like to know since they got into some of us recently for a $25 digi membership and then another fee for the new tshirt membership...they got a lot of us for damn near a hundred bills and then it just disappears...tells me to sit tight? I can't believe they did not even email us the us the official tour announcement? What was the point of providing my email address let a lone asking us to sign up for yet another news letter which a paid member ought to be auto enrolled anyway...fuck it.

13 minutes ago, HOOSIER GUNZ said:

I'm surprised we don't have a couple of geeks and I mean that in a positive way, who don't already know what's really going on with the gnr.com site?  I'd like to know since they got into some of us recently for a $25 digi membership and then another fee for the new tshirt membership...they got a lot of us for damn near a hundred bills and then it just disappears...tells me to sit tight? I can't believe they did not even email us the us the official tour announcement? What was the point of providing my email address let a lone asking us to sign up for yet another news letter which a paid member ought to be auto enrolled anyway...fuck it.

I'm just hoping the new memberships don't call for more money. I re-upped last October and I've been a paying member for 4 years. Spent a LOT of money of pretty much nothing (which I know is my own fault), but it'd still be disappointing if existing members have to re-pay or pay more just to stay in because of new offers.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I'm just hoping the new memberships don't call for more money. I re-upped last October and I've been a paying member for 4 years. Spent a LOT of money of pretty much nothing (which I know is my own fault), but it'd still be disappointing if existing members have to re-pay or pay more just to stay in because of new offers.

If they keep upgrading the prices of memberships, it's gonna get wild. Totally unfair if that happens and the truth is, except for a couple contests, there's not a lot to get from the fanclub. They don't break a lot of news and people dont post rumors for fear of having their threads locked.

Environment over there is not as exciting as it is here...

• Like 1