Summer 2016 North American Tour Announcement - 'Not In This Lifetime" - Dates and Venues Announced!

12 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

Right...

I said "I'm not sure, if GNR had just disappeared 23 years ago they might have been forgotten. The CD drama kept their name in the media, even if not for good reasons."

Is that not simple enough for you?

My initial point was the promotion would have been slightly more exciting, had the name not been toured to death over the years, and the band reurned from a long hiatus.

You disagreed, saying Axl kept the name 'in the media' so the name wasn't forgotten. Then followed it up by saying you're the only person you know in your age group that actually likes the band ?? confused any??

Lets not bore the forum any more. Happy to take this offline. If you promise to make your consecutive points agree with previous ones

Edit: And by the way (and with all due respect) your first point that 'the band would have been forgotten' had CD not happened - is complete and utter bollocks

Edited by LA_0013

8 hours ago, MrSoftie said:

I don't represent every 18-24 year old though :lol: Believe me, I'm the only person my age that I know who likes Guns, Zep, ACDC, etc.

Well I'm 17 and I would say that most of my friends know about GN'R, Led Zep, Sabbath, AC/DC and so on...

Most of them like their music too!

Edited by youngswedishvinyl
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Well I'm 17 and I would say that most of my friends know about GN'R, Led Zep, Sabbath, AC/DC and so on...

Exactly. These are bands that still get huge radio play. A lot of the new music today won't be remembered in 3 years time, let alone 3 decades plus like these amazing rock bands. Despite a lot of people writing off rock, most of the big shows are rock shows, most of the songs that last forever are rock songs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GibsonLP said:

Exactly. These are bands that still get huge radio play. A lot of the new music today won't be remembered in 3 years time, let alone 3 decades plus like these amazing rock bands. Despite a lot of people writing off rock, most of the big shows are rock shows, most of the songs that last forever are rock songs

This and the fact that Strairway To Heaven, SCOM and Paranoid are like THE songs you learn when taking guitar courses as a kid!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

You'll go to all those shows? Fuck man, that's awesome I'm jealous as :(

I will not go to all of them, but considering the dates are unknown, I have four options which is nice.  I probably won't go to Chicago mainly b/c it is a very expensive city to visit and I'm going there in June for Copa America semi-finals and a cubs game with my son.  However, I may go to the other three all depending if the dates fit into my schedule and I either win money in Vegas or don't blow a bunch of money on gambling and tickets for the second night's show lol.

11 minutes ago, cooker said:

I've never understood someone giving younger fans a harder time. I think we should embrace the young fans, it validates the music we all love. I love the Beatles for example, so what if I wasn't alive to see it start and end? 

Yes! This is so true!

GN'R, KISS, Skid Row and The Beatles are my favorite bands and I was born long after these bands were in their prime, does that make me less entitled to enjoy their music? Nope, not at all!

• Like 1

I'm a Torontonian, but for all of Canada's sake, it's not a North American tour unless there's a few more Canadian dates (cough cough Vancouver and Montreal). I doubt they could ever go back to Montreal though... Really hope they play arenas as opposed to fields (Downsview Park is a nightmare).

1 minute ago, fastfingers666 said:

I'm a Torontonian, but for all of Canada's sake, it's not a North American tour unless there's a few more Canadian dates (cough cough Vancouver and Montreal). I doubt they could ever go back to Montreal though... Really hope they play arenas as opposed to fields (Downsview Park is a nightmare).

Why can't they hit Montreal? 

Truthfully, of the younger people I am in contact with (work with 17-20 yr olds a new batch every 6 mths or so) not many of them are rock fans. Once in a while we get one who is passionate about the music they listen to and infect the some of the others, but in general they seem to listen to whatever is on the pop station with a wide variety of other things mixed in. Mostly what is on the local pop stations.

The metal fans are more likely to try to spread their love of their music than the others. One convinced two or three others of the group to go with him to a couple nearby concerts. Don't know if he converted them or not, but they all had a lot of fun.

I imagine different regions with have different results of course.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with not liking the same music as other people. Though I suppose I would be hypocrite if I said otherwise since I am a fan of music in general.

5 minutes ago, cooker said:

They hit Montreal in 2010. I don't think that is any issue at this point.

True, but with Slash and Duff being involved in the incident along with Axl, they could have differing opinions then Axl regarding Montreal. Not to discourage them from playing there (Would love to see them there), but we can't expect Slash and Duff to have mirrored mentalities to Axl.

I'm almost positive this has been asked already, but I'm late to the thread and don't have the time to read all 20 pages (although I just might at work tomorrow lol).

My question is the New York date in question. They write New York in the promo, but there's a lot of things there. Does that mean stadiums or arenas? USUALLY, the New York "proper" stadium show is Metlife Stadium, which is TECHNICALLY in NJ. I get and would understand why they just say "New York", but that is interesting. I can't imagine they mean Randall's Island or something. It could also refer to a baseball stadium, although have we heard anything about those? That would suck IMO.

OR, New York means New York and they mean something like Madison Square Garden. Seems unlikely, but maybe the tour will be a split of stadiums and arenas? Seems unnecessary, but again they specifically say New York. If they meant Metlife, all they had to say was New Jersey and New York would understand that. That was kind of the only thing that threw me, although I'm sure its just overanalyzing on my part. Still found it interesting. It'll be cool to follow, cause personally I'm just fine with a list of cities than actual dates and venues. There's no rush.

Another question I had was how this affects Vegas. I guess in terms of ticket sales. Think they get cheaper, for those that want to go and haven't pulled the trigger yet? Does the tour hold no baring on Vegas and thats kind of its own independent thing? Just curious to see whether that date remains a big special exclusive or with the comfort of knowing there will be more on the horizon (which we all assume but is now confirmed) mean many will sit it out and wait till its closer.

2 minutes ago, fastfingers666 said:

True, but with Slash and Duff being involved in the incident along with Axl, they could have differing opinions then Axl regarding Montreal. Not to discourage them from playing there (Would love to see them there), but we can't expect Slash and Duff to have mirrored mentalities to Axl.

I'm sure with St. Louis getting a concert there would be little concern about Montreal, maybe it's not something that can be scheduled at the moment. 

Just now, Original said:

That wasn't Guns n Roses.  Big difference between Nu Guns and the real deal!

It was Axl... you could argue that he is the one people see as the one at fault for all the riots. So Duff or Slash would have no bearing on any of these towns. 

10 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I'm almost positive this has been asked already, but I'm late to the thread and don't have the time to read all 20 pages (although I just might at work tomorrow lol).

My question is the New York date in question. They write New York in the promo, but there's a lot of things there. Does that mean stadiums or arenas? USUALLY, the New York "proper" stadium show is Metlife Stadium, which is TECHNICALLY in NJ. I get and would understand why they just say "New York", but that is interesting. I can't imagine they mean Randall's Island or something. It could also refer to a baseball stadium, although have we heard anything about those? That would suck IMO.

OR, New York means New York and they mean something like Madison Square Garden. Seems unlikely, but maybe the tour will be a split of stadiums and arenas? Seems unnecessary, but again they specifically say New York. If they meant Metlife, all they had to say was New Jersey and New York would understand that. That was kind of the only thing that threw me, although I'm sure its just overanalyzing on my part. Still found it interesting. It'll be cool to follow, cause personally I'm just fine with a list of cities than actual dates and venues. There's no rush.

Another question I had was how this affects Vegas. I guess in terms of ticket sales. Think they get cheaper, for those that want to go and haven't pulled the trigger yet? Does the tour hold no baring on Vegas and thats kind of its own independent thing? Just curious to see whether that date remains a big special exclusive or with the comfort of knowing there will be more on the horizon (which we all assume but is now confirmed) mean many will sit it out and wait till its closer.

I'm not an insider, but I'd see Barclays, the Garden, or Meadowlands as their 3 best options

7 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

New York is probably MetLife, but could be elsewhere.  You literally know as much as everyone else at this point..and yes it could include a baseball stadium.

As for Vegas....it is really hard to say what may happen.  Secondary market are generally based on supply and demand.  There are almost 1000 tickets available for each show right now on StubHub, so the supply seems to be good, but so is the demand.  It seems to be about 50 tickets per show get sold a day.  It is definitely an exclusive date as its the first show and its in Vegas, so it has huge appeal.  I know several people have booked and are planning on attending but are waiting to buy tickets until prices go down.  The release of the ticket packges last week took some of those buyers out of the market.  

Hard to tell really markets are difficult to predict for a variety of reasons.  Additionally, some sections of tickets may rise in price and others may fall.  If you are a gambler, I'd say wait it out and buy day of show as that is when prices are almost always lowest, but you may be limited in choosing where you want to sit at that point.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fastfingers666 said:

I'm not an insider, but I'd see Barclays, the Garden, or Meadowlands as their 3 best options

I agree, but thats different than stadiums that we've been hearing. Also, my reason for asking is if its an arena, I might as well just count myself out. If they play the Garden, I doubt I got tickets, or at least ones I can afford after Vegas. I'd probably PREFER a stadium, I just wonder if them saying New York hints more at an arena since the stadium would technically be a NJ date. They'd sell out any arena in New York so fast.