Summer 2016 North American Tour Announcement - 'Not In This Lifetime" - Dates and Venues Announced!

6 hours ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I'm almost positive this has been asked already, but I'm late to the thread and don't have the time to read all 20 pages (although I just might at work tomorrow lol).

My question is the New York date in question. They write New York in the promo, but there's a lot of things there. Does that mean stadiums or arenas? USUALLY, the New York "proper" stadium show is Metlife Stadium, which is TECHNICALLY in NJ. I get and would understand why they just say "New York", but that is interesting. I can't imagine they mean Randall's Island or something. It could also refer to a baseball stadium, although have we heard anything about those? That would suck IMO.

OR, New York means New York and they mean something like Madison Square Garden. Seems unlikely, but maybe the tour will be a split of stadiums and arenas? Seems unnecessary, but again they specifically say New York. If they meant Metlife, all they had to say was New Jersey and New York would understand that. That was kind of the only thing that threw me, although I'm sure its just overanalyzing on my part. Still found it interesting. It'll be cool to follow, cause personally I'm just fine with a list of cities than actual dates and venues. There's no rush.

Another question I had was how this affects Vegas. I guess in terms of ticket sales. Think they get cheaper, for those that want to go and haven't pulled the trigger yet? Does the tour hold no baring on Vegas and thats kind of its own independent thing? Just curious to see whether that date remains a big special exclusive or with the comfort of knowing there will be more on the horizon (which we all assume but is now confirmed) mean many will sit it out and wait till its closer.

As I stated previously on this thread a few pages ago,  the Meadowlands is often referred to as NY even though it's in NJ. As a lifelong resident of North NJ, you get accustomed to hearing this due to the marketability and location. If you ever watch NY Giants or Jets game, broadcasters will usually refer this area as NY.  MetLife Stadium holds 80,000. It'll be  here which is a short ride for me. 

Edited by Draguns
It'll be in MetLife Stadium.
  • Like 1

In 2011, I did a Houston show , and then drove for a Dallas show the following night. I hope it's back to back, again. And if New Orleans is near the Texas dates, I will do that too. Or maybe Houston , and New Orleans. We need some dates , I can plan all this out . 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, yesfan18 said:

Q104.3 says they have a major concert announcement Monday morning at 7. Anyone think they will announce the dates and venues then

Hmm, interesting. Thats a huge market, although I wonder if the dates are now less of a "major concert announcement" now that we already have the guarantee that they are coming. Although I guess actually announcing where and the date would be "big news". I still don't think a radio station makes that kind of announcement, but Q being my local station I do have a certain trust in them when they say "major".

16 minutes ago, yesfan18 said:

Q104.3 says they have a major concert announcement Monday morning at 7. Anyone think they will announce the dates and venues then

I feel like this is becoming a weekly thing. "Hey so and so have a concert announcement, could it be GNR?!" Then later we all get disappointed it becomes someone else :lol:

Hey if they announce the dates and times tomorrow awesome. They might as well. But if it's not GNR related then whatever, we got 12 days to go. 12 days. I mean two weeks from the second I'm typing this BOTH Vegas shows will be completed and the reunion will be underway. I'd think we'd have to start getting more answers then.

So a little more patience is fine..

Edited by Billsfan

5 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I'm assuming this is there first time back in St.Louis since the riot show? ... That's gonna be an interesting  night 

I hope to god it gets acknowledged. If I were Axl, I'd come out of Rocket Queen by saying "You guys wanna riot again or see the rest of the show?"

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

New York and Philadelphia rock radio stations both have concert announcements tomorrow at 7am, Guns N Roses are going to both cities.

So is almost any other act that could possibly announce a tour - they're some of the biggest concert markets in the country. We'll get dates soon enough, but the fact that two radio stations in massive cities have both said they have a concert announcement tomorrow doesn't mean a whole lot.

1 minute ago, Powerage5 said:

So is almost any other act that could possibly announce a tour - they're some of the biggest concert markets in the country. We'll get dates soon enough, but the fact that two radio stations in massive cities have both said they have a concert announcement tomorrow doesn't mean a whole lot.

Just saying it could be a possibility.

36 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

New York and Philadelphia rock radio stations both have concert announcements tomorrow at 7am, Guns N Roses are going to both cities.

KC has an announcement tomorrow as well and they have a date.  Maybe these will be the actual show dates and venues and not just "Hey GnR are coming here, Yee-Haw!"

3 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

KC has an announcement tomorrow as well and they have a date.  Maybe these will be the actual show dates and venues and not just "Hey GnR are coming here, Yee-Haw!"

It would make sense, normally when bands announce the cities, the specific dates and venues come a couple days after!

& Since Guns already announced the initial tour and cities themselves, it wouldn't be odd for local radio stations to announce venues.

54 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Anyone have a link to the video or article for the interview with the guy that Axl jumped after in the crowd?  The video shows the picture he took and everything. It was pretty cool.

This I'd like to see!

The atmosphere at the St Louis show will be electric!

i really hope no one entices Axl to cause another riot!

Found it: https://www.stlbeacon.org/#!/content/27905/secnd_set_stump_guns_n_110612

Edited by Blake Sabbath
  • Like 1