Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

40 minutes ago, rudolf1978 said:

I cant belive the guy sing like Mickey Fucking Mouse in the biggest reunion in years.Sweet child mickey mouse,Paradise city mickey mouse, theres only RQ and You could be mine to confirm the guy its done.

I said the same thing and had someone tell me that it wasn't the mickey voice. Maybe my hearing is bad and they're right or something else..

5 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

these we're all the videos I found on his page

and one more 

in the 2 video you can see Axl smiling at Slash it's great that things have worked out between them, surely in terms of chemistrey on stage we can expect a lot

1 hour ago, rudolf1978 said:

I cant belive the guy sing like Mickey Fucking Mouse in the biggest reunion in years.Sweet child mickey mouse,Paradise city mickey mouse, theres only RQ and You could be mine to confirm the guy its done.

:facepalm:

I don't think anything could possibly make you satisfied so how about getting interested in some other band whose singer is not, in your opinion, the greatest piece of thrash in the entire universe?

32 minutes ago, Asia said:

:facepalm:

I don't think anything could possibly make you satisfied so how about getting interested in some other band whose singer is not, in your opinion, the greatest piece of thrash in the entire universe?

Im just going to wait until i see the first show and first wave of videos.If he sings like 2011-2014,i promise you that i will forget this band.Its great to have Slash and Duff back,but we need Axl back.And we all know he is singing like shit SCOM and PC,we all know.And jungle? he always nails jungle.

RQ and you could be mine like this please

44 minutes ago, starlight said:

in the 2 video you can see Axl smiling at Slash it's great that things have worked out between them, surely in terms of chemistrey on stage we can expect a lot

Yes! I hope we'll get the FULL story on how they got back together soon (preferably NOW). I'm so curious!!!

1 hour ago, sonofnazareth said:

I said the same thing and had someone tell me that it wasn't the mickey voice. Maybe my hearing is bad and they're right or something else..

The problem is you think anything that isn't rasp is Mickey....that's not the case.

However, I did agree he went pretty full Mickey in Paradise City.  

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

The problem is you think anything that isn't rasp is Mickey....that's not the case.

Totally agree with this.  The Mickey thing is way overblown.  People need to listen to the studio version of AFD more often....half the songs in it have little to no rasp at all.  So just because he isn't using rasp doesn't mean he's going Mickey.  Some songs just don't have the rasp sound in them. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, rudolf1978 said:

Im just going to wait until i see the first show and first wave of videos.If he sings like 2011-2014,i promise you that i will forget this band.Its great to have Slash and Duff back,but we need Axl back.And we all know he is singing like shit SCOM and PC,we all know.And jungle? he always nails jungle.

RQ and you could be mine like this please

Damn. 

The band should have reunited in 2010.  That being said, Axl has not sounded good on PC since 1993. Even the 2010 Axl sounded like Mickey on that song. That should be the only song that singing like Mickey should be given a pass. But he should not sound like Mickey on any other song. I'll wait to hear the Vegas shows, but sounding like Mickey on SCOM is inexcusable. He better continue to trim down and work on his voice. If at the end of the tour Axl still looks like he does now physically, it will show a bit of disrespect to the fans an his craft.

25 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Totally agree with this.  The Mickey thing is way overblown.  People need to listen to the studio version of AFD more often....half the songs in it have little to no rasp at all.  So just because he isn't using rasp doesn't mean he's going Mickey.  Some songs just don't have the rasp sound in them. 

Totally this. He sounded great. PC was a weaker moment but to call this full Mickey is a great exaggeration. He had his Mickey moments in the past that were truly horrible, NOTHING like this here. His voice was solid, there was rasp where it should be, there were some really great screams  so it's kinda like what the hell do you want?

I think people have developed some irrational expectations based on hell knows what. Even in the 90s Axl was far from perfect. There were moments where he was making some out of this world noises that resembled growling rather than singing, there were moments when he was so out of breath that that he totally skipped large parts of the songs or screamed instead of singing. And now everyone expects him to sound like in the studio for the whole show. This never was the case and this never was what GNR shows were about...

PLUS: On these shows posted here for comparison he sounds definitely worse than in Troubadour, please...

Edited by Asia
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

However, I did agree he went pretty full Mickey in Paradise City.  

Whether its the mickey mouse or the old British woman voice, I'm not hearing any hint of the classic Axl Rose tone in those clips. You hear what you hear and I hear what I hear. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sonofnazareth said:

Whether its the mickey mouse or the old British woman voice, I'm not hearing any hint of the classic Axl Rose tone in those clips. You hear what you hear and I hear what I hear. 

I'm out of likes...but I do agree with you that his tone isn't like it was when he was 25 or 35.  

Who's is?  Paul McCartney can't hit all the high notes any more. Doesn't stop him from putting on a great show. Axl was hit or miss in his prime. There's no way it's going to be better. We just need it to be good enough, which it seems to be after 9 minutes of clips of one show. 

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

The idea that his voice has changed so it isn't distinctly Axl is slightly ludicrous. It has changed, all voice do, but the trademark is still there. 

The range is also more or less intact. At least as far as I can tell.

What he has lost is the ability to have the rasp on all the time, and these days his head voice sounds very thin without it. It wasn't like this in the 80s. Back then he could sing in high register without rasp and still have a sort-of thick sounding voice. He probably lost this ability in the 90s due to his vocal chords changing as a result of all the shows. He masked this by applying more rasp, which probably damaged his voice. This is why, I believe, he only uses rasp occasionally, to preserve his voice.

Personnally I would like toto see him lower the register and sing more in chest voice where he has phenomenal control. It is too bad so many non-fans dismiss his voice because all they have heard is his trademark high pitched wail with rasp. He is quite possibly one of the most versatile rock singer we have. 

Out of likes...great post!

31 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Personnally I would like toto see him lower the register and sing more in chest voice where he has phenomenal control. It is too bad so many non-fans dismiss his voice because all they have heard is his trademark high pitched wail with rasp. He is quite possibly one of the most versatile rock singer we have. 

Totally agree with this!

Problem is most GN'R songs have those high pitched things :wacko: