Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

19 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

The old boys are having fun again

Look at that(Slash) smile! The only time I saw Axl smile on the first time reunion are the reunion with Izzy N' reunion with Slash last friday

Edited by SerenityScorp

40 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Duff looks so happy too. I didnt watch all of The video of Him playing with Guns at 10 N' 14. But from what I look first time They reunion is really awkward. No sharing mic, no smile. But now, because of Slash They both looks so happy. 

They've also rehearsed. It's hard to have a spontaneous moment when the bass player hasn't played with the band before. Remember the first time Duff did Civil War with the new band, he blew the vocal cue on "peace would last forever" because he was too focused on the playing. They've rehearsed now, they have a sense of each other, and they can use that to let loose and have fun.

7 minutes ago, axlslash said:

They've also rehearsed. It's hard to have a spontaneous moment when the bass player hasn't played with the band before. Remember the first time Duff did Civil War with the new band, he blew the vocal cue on "peace would last forever" because he was too focused on the playing. They've rehearsed now, they have a sense of each other, and they can use that to let loose and have fun.

You are right. 

Interesting news here.

Journalists saw David Arquette outside the Troubadour and coudn't get in the show.

Arquette’s rep told us, “He didn’t have tickets or even try to see the show,” but he was there because he’d expected the band would party at his own club, Bootsy Bellows, after their gig. “Originally, the band was going to do an after-party at his club . . . so [Arquette] went [to the Troubadour] to see if they still wanted to do the party. 

Management [of Guns N’ Roses] said they wanted to focus on doing the LA performance and Coachella and not do the party ultimately.”

Also.

Meanwhile, we hear the infamously warring members of Guns N’ Roses won’t have money to fight over during their reunion tour. Sources tell us that instead of having salaries, the core band members will be splitting tour profits.

http://pagesix.com/2016/04/05/david-arquette-couldnt-get-in-to-vip-guns-n-roses-show/

3 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Interesting news here.

Journalists saw David Arquette outside the Troubadour and coudn't get in the show.

Also.

http://pagesix.com/2016/04/05/david-arquette-couldnt-get-in-to-vip-guns-n-roses-show/

The bit about the "core members splitting the profits" rather than drawing salaries isn't particularly news, it's really just describing the legal entity that they form. Guns N' Roses is a partnership. That means that the partners (Slash, Duff, Axl) share equally in the profits or equally shoulder the losses. They can change that somewhat in the partnership agreement, but that's the default. 

13 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

2:40 is an example of his higher mid range, I mean he takes that note really high and stays in perfect tune. That's really what's missing. That and check out Sailing 2006 he has a great high range there that isn't Mickey 

This Dont Cry is wow! although he seems to be in a bad mood

1 hour ago, irish_rose said:

Hope Axl doesn't sing over Slashs solo leading up to whistle in paradise city! Far more powerful when the whistle goes off on time releasing the chaos ?

I started a thread on here a couple years ago about how Axl's timing has been fucked on his whistle the past few years and it's driven me NUTS.  It sounds so much cooler when he blows it BEFORE the guitar kicks hard to really kick the song into high gear, but for the past 4 years or so he's been blowing it afterwards and it gets lost in the guitar.  It sounds ridiculous.  I hope he goes back to the old way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SheldonR311 said:

I started a thread on here a couple years ago about how Axl's timing has been fucked on his whistle the past few years and it's driven me NUTS.  It sounds so much cooler when he blows it BEFORE the guitar kicks hard to really kick the song into high gear, but for the past 4 years or so he's been blowing it afterwards and it gets lost in the guitar.  It sounds ridiculous.  I hope he goes back to the old way.

Don't expect Axl to change a thing...

8 hours ago, axlslash said:

The bit about the "core members splitting the profits" rather than drawing salaries isn't particularly news, it's really just describing the legal entity that they form. Guns N' Roses is a partnership. That means that the partners (Slash, Duff, Axl) share equally in the profits or equally shoulder the losses. They can change that somewhat in the partnership agreement, but that's the default. 

I don't claim to be a legal expert or anything but I believe because Axl owns the name and the entity "Guns N' Roses" he could've made Duff and Slash salaried - aka what he did when he left the partnership at the end of 1995 and formed a "new" band (which he happened to want Slash and Duff in) . That's why the fax Axl sent MTV announcing Slash was out said "He (Slash) has been 'OFFICIALLY and LEGALLY' outside of the Guns N' Roses Partnership since December 31, 1995. The partnership I think you're thinking of is about publishing of the old material. 

I'm probably wrong, but that's what I imagine is the scenario, making that news a bit interesting. 

Edit: Actually that article includes the part: Slash, who left the group in 1996, wrote in 2007 that he quit after Rose had other members sign contracts “like we were defined as hired hands.”

Edit 2: I should clarify that I'm not generally surprised that Slash and Duff are back in the partnership because I doubt either one of them would rejoin if they were going to be salaried. The good news is that this makes it seem as though they're back permanently, though I bet Axl still owns the name. 

Edited by Crazyman

3 minutes ago, Crazyman said:

I don't claim to be a legal expert or anything but I believe because Axl owns the name and the entity "Guns N' Roses" he could've made Duff and Slash salaried - aka what he did when he left the partnership at the end of 1995 and formed a "new" band (which he happened to want Slash and Duff in) . That's why the fax Axl sent MTV announcing Slash was out said "He (Slash) has been 'OFFICIALLY and LEGALLY' outside of the Guns N' Roses Partnership since December 31, 1995. The partnership I think you're thinking of is about publishing of the old material. 

I'm probably wrong, but that's what I imagine is the scenario, making that news a bit interesting. 

Edit: Actually that article includes the part: Slash, who left the group in 1996, wrote in 2007 that he quit after Rose had other members sign contracts “like we were defined as hired hands.”

Yes, something to that effect happened in 1995 but the point is that now they probably returned to the old partnership where all three of them are partners and they have a share in the revenue instead of being on salaries.

It's pretty logical as it was the easiest, safest solution, best for everyone invlolved. The article in fact confirms it. The other entity remains hanging somewhere in the air now just as the previous parnership was hanging somewhere until now.

2 minutes ago, Crazyman said:

My understanding is that there are two legal entities under the name "Guns N' Roses." One is the partnership between Axl, Slash, and Duff, which holds the licensing rights to the old band's images/logos and the music (hence Axl and Slash having to sign off on each other's releases that contain GN'R songs, the Guitar Hero shitstorm, etc), and the other is the entity solely owned by Axl, which includes the name. As I understand it from the get-go, as indicated by the use of the old round logo, the band touring right now is formed under the partnership between the three originals. I expect that the work the lawyers needed to do for the past couple of years was largely renegotiating the partnership agreement to determine divisions of the profits from the new touring enterprise etc. But that's been my understanding (albeit that I may have been wrong) from the very beginning. Which I guess makes this news exciting in so much as it confirms what I thought I knew before, which may well have been wrong up until this moment.

In any event, GN'R exists again and includes Slash and Duff and that's awesome.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, axlslash said:

My understanding is that there are two legal entities under the name "Guns N' Roses." One is the partnership between Axl, Slash, and Duff, which holds the licensing rights to the old band's images/logos and the music (hence Axl and Slash having to sign off on each other's releases that contain GN'R songs, the Guitar Hero shitstorm, etc), and the other is the entity solely owned by Axl, which includes the name. As I understand it from the get-go, as indicated by the use of the old round logo, the band touring right now is formed under the partnership between the three originals. I expect that the work the lawyers needed to do for the past couple of years was largely renegotiating the partnership agreement to determine divisions of the profits from the new touring enterprise etc. But that's been my understanding (albeit that I may have been wrong) from the very beginning. Which I guess makes this news exciting in so much as it confirms what I thought I knew before, which may well have been wrong up until this moment.

In any event, GN'R exists again and includes Slash and Duff and that's awesome.

I think this is right. The blurb was news to me because I had never seen the partnership confirmed before this, though it was expected. It makes me happy to think that the reunion is more permanent than originally thought.

• Like 1