Welcome Melissa Reese to Guns N' Roses!

geez, people are really crazy. Give this girl a break. She seems cool. 

Not sure how likely it is that she is joining like a proper member. If she is, give her time to prove herself. I would be really thrilled to see that happen, it would mean they don't want to be only a nostalgic act but a real and current thing. 

• Like 1

Guns being a bunch of geezers, somethings just are what they. When The Stones were casting around for a replacement for Mick Taylor during the Black and Blue era, they demurred on players like Mandel and Wayne Perkins because they are a 'British band'. Were The Stones nationalistic? Xenophobic? Anti-American? They are the foremost interpreters of (black) American music! This are what they are.

It bothers me zero. But if I could choose, I'd want a man.

Why are people talking about showing true colors? Having a woman in GnR has never been an issue, so I doubt that people have pretended like they were alright with having a woman.

Just now, liers said:

ZOMG Theres A GIRL IN PANIC GNR !!!!!!!!!!!!! 111111111111111111

Who. Fucking. Cares. She's a girl. Frank's black. Buckethead wore a fucking bucket on his head.

Just because there's a female keyboard player doesn't mean that GnR is going to turn into a pop band/girl band.

The fact that she's onboard makes me think that there's new music coming. The only songs that need 2 keyboardists are some CD songs and likely the unreleased stuff Axl has stashed away.

It doesn't bother me that she is a girl, it bothers me that she is a keyboard player because we don't need one, we have Dizzy. And I don't like CD songs, so... :rolleyes:

I think the real bit of sexism in this thread, was directed towards forum member @killuridols, but that's being completely ignored, while people expressing displeasure with Melissa's involvement are tarred and feathered with this label. 

The thing that has yet to be explained is what is wrong with Dizzy? Can he not pick up this slack.

2 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

I think the real bit of sexism in this thread, was directed towards forum member @killuridols, but that's being completely ignored, while people expressing displeasure with Melissa's involvement are tarred and feathered with this label. 

The thing that has yet to be explained is what is wrong with Dizzy? Can he not pick up this slack.

Thank you. As a female, I'm used to sexism, so I really don't expect much from other people since I have learned to defend myself and stand up for myself.

If Melissa is receiving sexist remarks, why me, an unknown forum member fan would have any privilege in the eyes of the cavemen here? 

I really don't give a damn. I know who I am and what I stand for. None of this idiots will break me EVER. So keep 'em coming, they don't know what is like to mess with the bad side of me ;)

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Thank you. As a female, I'm used to sexism, so I really don't expect much from other people since I have learned to defend myself and stand up for myself.

If Melissa is receiving sexist remarks, why me, an unknown forum member fan would have any privilege in the eyes of the cavemen here? 

I really don't give a damn. I know who I am and what I stand for. None of this idiots will break me EVER. So keep 'em coming, they don't know what is like to mess with the bad side of me ;)

That poster was a complete arse to you. He's pathetic. Glad he hasn't affected you.

I don't really care about the whole female thing. As long as she's not going all feminazi and refusing to take the stage with songs like "It's so Easy" in the set list, who gives a fuck? My whole thing is it feels like my worst fear about this whole "regroupening" is coming into fruition. It doesn't feel like a team or partnership, but Slash and Duff eating shit and being Axl's newest whipping boys. The insistence on playing nu songs no one in the audience wants to even hear just to stroke Axl's delusions that CD was anything but a failure, no VR songs that actually have commercial validity among the general audience. Team Brazil still running the operation. A new useless keyboardist that replaced the old useless keyboardist for God knows what reason. It just doesn't feels like Slash and Duff have any say in anything really, which is a depressing tone to set for the rest of this...whatever you wanna call it.

I mean, it's better than the whole pretenders to throne mooching off the nostalgia instead of the actual creators soaking in the fruits of their labor thing from before. They sounded great, and it was magical seeing Axl and Slash share the stage again. But it doesn't make me look forward to the creative future. I don't wanna hear Slash and Duff polishing CD turds. I wanna hear, at least, fresh recordings (even if the songs were written in various eras, past and present), I wanna see a team, I wanna see cohesiveness. I don't want Axl just running the whole entire thing his way or the highway. It didn't work in the mid to late 90s, it didn't work in the nu era, and it's not gonna work now. I can't believe Slash and Duff are just giving into whatever Axl wants and being so spineless. It's again, depressing to see. But I guess Slash's divorce did put him into something of a financial ruin...

Also, needless to say, it will be a total shame not seeing Izzy and Steven at least occasionally for a few songs during the tour.

• Like 2

So now Brain will also Tour with GNR, not as their drummer, but the boyfriend of the 2nd keyboard player? lol

Din't he have a daughter who was born back in 2006? dang she would be 10 now. 

2006 really doesn't seems 10 years ago.....FUCK IM GETTING OLD! 

1 hour ago, Bobbo said:

I don't really care about the whole female thing. As long as she's not going all feminazi and refusing to take the stage with songs like "It's so Easy" in the set list, who gives a fuck? My whole thing is it feels like my worst fear about this whole "regroupening" is coming into fruition. It doesn't feel like a team or partnership, but Slash and Duff eating shit and being Axl's newest whipping boys. The insistence on playing nu songs no one in the audience wants to even hear just to stroke Axl's delusions that CD was anything but a failure, no VR songs that actually have commercial validity among the general audience. Team Brazil still running the operation. A new useless keyboardist that replaced the old useless keyboardist for God knows what reason. It just doesn't feels like Slash and Duff have any say in anything really, which is a depressing tone to set for the rest of this...whatever you wanna call it.

I mean, it's better than the whole pretenders to throne mooching off the nostalgia instead of the actual creators soaking in the fruits of their labor thing from before. They sounded great, and it was magical seeing Axl and Slash share the stage again. But it doesn't make me look forward to the creative future. I don't wanna hear Slash and Duff polishing CD turds. I wanna hear, at least, fresh recordings (even if the songs were written in various eras, past and present), I wanna see a team, I wanna see cohesiveness. I don't want Axl just running the whole entire thing his way or the highway. It didn't work in the mid to late 90s, it didn't work in the nu era, and it's not gonna work now. I can't believe Slash and Duff are just giving into whatever Axl wants and being so spineless. It's again, depressing to see. But I guess Slash's divorce did put him into something of a financial ruin...

Also, needless to say, it will be a total shame not seeing Izzy and Steven at least occasionally for a few songs during the tour.

A little harsh perhaps - but this post sums up the way I look at it too. I don't understand why Slash and Duff didn't insist on an equal partnership here and why in the world they'd allow a former housekeeper to be managing the band. It's quite mindboggling. I totally agree with your comments about the CD songs too - Why would they play CD songs at a "reunion" show?  And why are we seeing some of Axl's "replacement" band members at this reunion show when all of the original members are alive and wanted to be part of the reunion?   ... Makes it seem as if Slash and Duff had little input in all of this.  I

I noticed quite a few people commenting on Slash's demeanor during the show - he seemed a little standoffish while Axl was trying to be friendly. Maybe it's nerves - but maybe he's not comfortable with all of these decisions. Guess time will tell.

40 minutes ago, James Bond said:

From the footage I've seen far, she at least doesn't give me the "I'm going to park my 'Free Candy' van outside" vibe that Pitman gave me.

Ok, this post made me laugh out loud. :lol:

• Like 3

No disrespect as I'm sure she'll be great (I actually like having a girl in the band/on stage now) but I could care less who (do they really need 2?) plays keyboard(s) as long as Pitman is out.  And he got replaced by a chick LOL...he's gotta be so pissed.

9 minutes ago, madison said:

A little harsh perhaps - but this post sums up the way I look at it too. I don't understand why Slash and Duff didn't insist on an equal partnership here and why in the world they'd allow a former housekeeper to be managing the band. It's quite mindboggling. I totally agree with your comments about the CD songs too - Why would they play CD songs at a "reunion" show?  And why are we seeing some of Axl's "replacement" band members at this reunion show when all of the original members are alive and wanted to be part of the reunion?   ... Makes it seem as if Slash and Duff had little input in all of this.  I

I noticed quite a few people commenting on Slash's demeanor during the show - he seemed a little standoffish while Axl was trying to be friendly. Maybe it's nerves - but maybe he's not comfortable with all of these decisions. Guess time will tell.

I understand why people have those concerns. We won't really know until things play out further, but hopefully things behind the scenes are not that bad.

Really couldn't give a stuff about her being a female,  it just makes it a lot less raw when you have 7 people on a stage.  Already pushing it with Dizzy but I see the need for him in a touring sense. ..what is the actual purpose of a second keyboard player? 

31 minutes ago, madison said:

I too noticed that Slash seemed kinda...by the numbers and indifferent. Not in terms of his playing, but just his whole demeanor. At first I didn't want to jump to conclusions just based on a few clips, but seeing that 2 and a half minute Jungle video...he almost seems kinda passive and uninterested. Perhaps that's just me being paranoid, maybe he just was nervous. I don't know. Time will tell I guess. It's just requiring a lot of suspension of disbelief that he's stoked to be playing nu songs he openly never liked, having two keyboardists when he never even had one for his solo shows, and having everything run by an amateur management team. I will say that Axl DID seem stoked from everything I saw, so that was pretty cool.

As for the nu songs, never mind that it's completely pointless playing them in general at this point. But it was pretty lame how much they were milking nostalgia to amp up this show only to pass up hits and fan favorites like Patience and Civil War for songs from a black sheep album no one cares about. :facepalm:

idk. It just lames up the vibe for me.

Edited by Bobbo