Welcome Melissa Reese to Guns N' Roses!

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

And Gn'R was pathetic all those years with two keyboard players.. Synths on It's So Easy and Rocket Queen?? really???

Okay! :D

Funny thing is that I agree with you on what GN'R should ideally be. I too want a stripped down version. I just can't get in the mindset of calling what we have "pathetic" because it doesn't align with my particular preferences.

1 minute ago, Ant said:

So she's Frank's girlfriend?

That seems like a potential for drama.

Brain's, not Frank's.

8 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Having a second keyboard player in a band is pathetic?

... Why is it pathetic when they continue this tradition?

Yes. 

If they quit the CannotStandSlash tradition, one would think they can quit this secondary tradition too. 

Stevie Nicks, Petty says, was dying to join the band. "Oh, she wouldn't quit," Petty says. "Stevie showed up at my house every night for a year – maybe more." But Petty was firm: "There's no girls in the Heartbreakers."

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Okay! :D

Funny thing is that I agree with you on what GN'R should ideally be. I too want a stripped down version. I just can't get in the mindset of calling what we have "pathetic" because it doesn't align with my particular preferences.

I just want them to be good.. When I see that O2 Arena show on TV.. That isn't good.. A big part is the fucking synths very present on classic hard rock songs that are perfect the way they are.. Slash and Duff have fucking sold their souls..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I just want them to be good.. When I see that O2 Arena show on TV.. That isn't good.. A big part is the fucking synths very present on classic hard rock songs that are perfect the way they are.. Slash and Duff have fucking sold their souls..

To me it is not so much the quality of the music. Sure, I would prefer it if the synth sounds were gone. I would even prefer that November Rain and Estranged was rearranged to only contain guitars (!). But when it comes to stripping down the band for live performances it is actually more about the aestethics of it. I just like it simpler. More traditional.

• Like 1

Just what Guns have been missing all these years..

"Her name is Melissa Reese, a musician and model, who wore glittery kicks and bounced around behind the keys like a raver (she also has greenish hair), while experimenting with various sound effects"

55 minutes ago, GNRSkidRow1 said:

Didn't he say so on Twitter or something?

I read Izzy's tweet differently.

I don't think Izzy would leave his comfort zone,  come out of seclusion, set up a Twitter account, and type a note about the reunion on Twitter if he had no interest in being part of it. If he had no interest, he would have just stayed silent, no?  I saw the tweet as Izzy letting fans know that he hadn't been asked to be part of it - in the hopes that fans could help change that. ... As for Steven - he's wanted to be part of this reunion forever. So, when he was uncharacteristically silent during the lead-up to the show, I just thought it meant he would be part of it.

1 minute ago, madison said:

As for Steven - he's wanted to be part of this reunion forever. So, when he was uncharacteristically silent during the lead-up to the show, I just thought it meant he would be part of it.

Same here, thats what ive been thinking all this time, I was 100% sure we would see him last night. He is a guy who speaks out and he is just silent and he even cancelled his show.

51 minutes ago, DIST said:

Is this their way to please 2016  pc crowds?

Now I understand why Izzy wouldn't be part of this shit.

Maybe she helps beta make sandwiches for the band?

Seriously tho where the hell is teddy zig zag when you need him?

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Same here, thats what ive been thinking all this time, I was 100% sure we would see him last night. He is a guy who speaks out and he is just silent and he even cancelled his show.

I have no idea whether it's true but someone posted an article (laweekly I think) that said Steven was having back surgery.

Edited by Kill_YourIdols

She's in Beatrazr Pitman's band with Frank. She a cohort with Brain and Buckethead. They needed a 2nd keyboardist for Chinese Democracy tracks which they're still playing.

The sexism by some members here is fairly disgusting. The reality, Slash has just rejoined Guns N' Roses and people still aren't happy.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

She's in Beatrazr Pitman's band with Frank. She a cohort with Brain and Buckethead. They needed a 2nd keyboardist for Chinese Democracy tracks which are they're still playing.

The sexism by some members here is fairly disgusting. The reality, Slash has just rejoined Guns N' Roses and people still aren't happy.

Interesting that she is part of Beatrazr. Pitman was quoted a while back about not wanting to tour, maybe there was an agreement of sorts ,not that this explains his FB rant so perhaps he really was just usurped.

For the AFD/UYI songs dizzy plays bongos, whereas Melissa was playing inaudible (to my ears anyway) keys. She's just a non-controversial (personality wise) touring member who is there mainly for cd songs, which I am excited to hear Slash play. Did Axl introduce Melissa last night?

Ps. Anyone being sexist about Melissa being in the band is an absolutely disgraceful joke.

• Like 1

I feel like the underlying issue with Melissa has nothing to do with gender, it has to do with the same thing that made us excited at the possibility of Chris Pitman not being at the reunion gig:

Is she really necessary?  I mean I saw GNR with Pitman in 2011 and 2012 and I don't remember him sonically making any impressions on me.  We was just kinda "there", and took up space on stage.  

By that logic I don't have an issue with Melissa because of that, it isn't like she is going to be a huge presence sonically or physically on stage.  But that also means there is no real reason for her being there

Why have you all gotten your panties up in a bunch for someone who is clearly a session player doing backing for the band, not even lead instrument?

If it were up to me, I'd have the fucking London Symphony Orchestra join GnR to perform on NR, Prostitute and TWAT. ;)

Oh my god!!!!! I don't know who is more crazy? The middle east or us westerners?!?!

1. It has absolutely fucking NOTHING to do with sexism wanting GnR to be an all-male band, as it has always been. I didn't know so many of you "rockers" on here were married to or involved with feminists that keep you on a leash... FUCK OFF

2. She is just a stand-in. I'm sure of it. I guess it means Pitman is in. Maybe he's I'll or something. She not a MEMBER of the band. I can tell you that.

Oh, and did I get my point across? This is not The Bangles.

3 minutes ago, tbaugerud said:

Oh my god!!!!! I don't know who is more crazy? The middle east or us westerners?!?!

1. It has absolutely fucking NOTHING to do with sexism wanting GnR to be an all-male band, as it has always been. I didn't know so many of you "rockers" on here were married to or involved with feminists that keep you on a leash... FUCK OFF

2. She is just a stand-in. I'm sure of it. I guess it means Pitman is in. Maybe he's I'll or something. She not a MEMBER of the band. I can tell you that.

Oh, and did I get my point across? This is not The Bangles.

I think I will believe the words of Melissa's sister over you :D

59 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

She's in Beatrazr Pitman's band with Frank. She a cohort with Brain and Buckethead. They needed a 2nd keyboardist for Chinese Democracy tracks which they're still playing.

Agreed. Sad to see so many members here showing their true colors in this respect.

• Like 1