Why Doesn't GN'R Do Photoshoots Anymore???

Guns N' Roses hasn't had a proper band photo since the Illusion days. What's the deal with that? It's so cool to see the whole band together plus it's nice for phone wallpapers and just all sorts of cool stuff. There should definitely be at least one band photo in any release be it CD or DVD or posters or t-shirts. Like just get in a room together and have some photos taken. I want to see one of the new line up soon hopefully but I doubt it. There is like no other band that I know of that hasn't had a band photo for like 20 years??? It seems very out of the ordinary.

• Like 2

Haha your probably right but he needs to be more secure. I think he looks cool and I think the band would look super cool together as they are now. Frank looked real cool at the troub he even had a misfits shirt on kinda like duff circa 89 or something. Richard just fits in like sand at the beach. Those 2 plus the original big 3. Not to mention the new female and dizzy in the back they're picture perfect right now, snap snap that's what I'm sayin.

26 minutes ago, paranoyd androyd said:

in short, Axl has been extremely insecure about his looks for 20+ years now

i refuse to believe a white guy that would wear a 5x football jersey with braids cared about his looks :lol:

don't know why he got self conscious...he was a good looking dude

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 1

I honestly think the lack of band photos all these years definitely added to the reason non hard core fans didn't know who was in the band. You need to show them photos of the guys together and it will seem like more of a cohesive team. Even if they're not hanging out every night wouldn't matter because they're still a team that would be like a sports team not having a photo for 20 years. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

I love the 2002 era

Yeah I do to. It's crazy how some people hate all the post slash gnr until the regrouping. Some of the coolest elements were added to gnr in those years some amazing musicians. I loved all the incarnations but the buckethead robin finck richard era was soo fucking cool. I would honestly love to see that regrouping almost as much as this one. I wish one day it could happen but probably won't ever for sure. 

Also right now they are as sexy and hip as they could be at their age. Duff looks amazing slash looks like slash, axl looks better than he has in awhile, Richard is shredded and has the coolest tattoos, frank makes them look hip because he looks young and rockin, dizzy is a handsome man and the new blue haired beauty alone sexisfies this band to the top notch.

13 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Edited by StoneTempleRoses
Double quote
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, StoneTempleRoses said:

Yeah I do to. It's crazy how some people hate all the post slash gnr until the regrouping. Some of the coolest elements were added to gnr in those years some amazing musicians. I loved all the incarnations but the buckethead robin finck richard era was soo fucking cool. I would honestly love to see that regrouping almost as much as this one. I wish one day it could happen but probably won't ever for sure.

I would say it's my second favourite time period for Guns.....first obviously being 86-93.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Original said:

They broke up 23 yrs ago.    Their was no band to do a "photo shoot" with.   Now that they are back- maybe it'll happen.  Plus- haven't shoots gone the way of albums etc...?

Nah. When you log into Apple music or Spotify to stream music like all the hipsters do, there's still an up to date band shot right there staring at you in the face. Band shoots are still important. They're just used in difference ways.

3 hours ago, StoneTempleRoses said:

Also right now they are as sexy and hip as they could be at their age. Duff looks amazing slash looks like slash, axl looks better than he has in awhile, Richard is shredded and has the coolest tattoos, frank makes them look hip because he looks young and rockin, dizzy is a handsome man and the new blue haired beauty alone sexisfies this band to the top notch.

You can put me into the group that just dismissed everything until the big three were back together. Yes, I bought CD and yeah, it's a good album. But I never considered any of it Guns N Roses. I considered it Axl's solo work. To me, it was Axl's VR or Loaded. The only difference was that he was using the GNR name. 

But, I never saw Axl's group play. I was JUST a tad too young to see GNR in the early 90's (I was almost 14 when they played their last show in 1993) so this July will be the first time in my life I get to see them. I've been waiting literally 23 years to see this show. I never cared about seeing Axl's band because it was just... Axl. Not that I don't like him or anything but, it's not the same to me. So I'm actually kind of proud that I managed to hold out for a reunion. 

Edited by Nintari
  • Like 1

Whilst there aren't current band pictures to use (and to some extent even if there were) the media tends to use the iconic images from way back. This hooks in more interest from the general public from a marketing and business perspective than an up to date shoot would. It's totally different for a contemporary band that are still young but GNR are trading largely on nostalgia - that's not a dig, just factual.

Interestingly it doesn't quite happen that way with bands like The Stones but I think that is because they are at a national treasure level that Guns hasn't quite reached due to the long hiatus with the classic members. If they put out an album with this line up they might be able to move up a notch in that respect but if they don't and they remain touring the hits it possibly doesn't benefit them to do a new RS cover or similar.

5 hours ago, paranoyd androyd said:

in short, Axl has been extremely insecure about his looks for 20+ years now

I refuse to believe this. If he were THAT insecure he would have at least hit the gym occasionally. He was a fit guy back in the 90's. 

5 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

that picture would give me nightmares...badass band turns into freakshow :confused:

To be fair, in the context of their times, they kinda looked like freaks to 90% of the population in the mid to late 80s too, as big as glam metal and all that bullshit was they still looked kinda...fucked up :lol:  The best bands always do. 

5 hours ago, bigpoop said:

o2QWmQ4.jpg

How quickly they forget.

Crazy to think this wasn't long ago at all. And over half the guys in that picture are gone just to be replaced by duff mckagan and slash. 

Still feels like a dream too good to be true..