Why Doesn't GN'R Do Photoshoots Anymore???

5 hours ago, bigpoop said:

o2QWmQ4.jpg

How quickly they forget.

Ummm... you're missing the lead singer in that pic. 

I'm guessing there were no photo shoots because the lineup was constantly changing to the point where one was never quite certain who was in and who was out of the band. If they dared do a photo shoot, they ran the risk that it would be outdated by the time the photographer came back with "proofs" to be used for the next tour. Just a guess.

Edited by madison
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, madison said:

I'm guessing there were no photo shoots because the lineup was constantly changing to the point where one was never quite certain who was in and who was out of the band. If they dared do a photo shoot, they ran the risk that it would be outdated by the time the photographer came back with "proofs" to be used for the next tour. Just a guess.

Love your signature Madison!

6 hours ago, sonofnazareth said:

This photo represents the epitome of a 'thrown together' band.

And three of them are still there in the Great Regrouping. Sadly enough.

32 minutes ago, madison said:

Pretty sure he's taking the pic. 

1 hour ago, cooker said:

This is about as close as we got... not bad either

guns-n-roses-2014-650-430.jpg

Even then Pitman was barely noticeable. 

I did forget that one which is awesome but it is low quality. The paradise city one doesn't have axl. It looks like neither of them had a photographer telling them how to stand as to not block other members and what not tho.

7 hours ago, sonofnazareth said:

This photo represents the epitome of a 'thrown together' band.

That photo represents the single longest continuous lineup in the history of Guns N' Roses. No more and no less "thrown together" than the AFD 5 throwing themselves together when their other bands broke apart.

5 minutes ago, axlslash said:

That photo represents the single longest continuous lineup in the history of Guns N' Roses. No more and no less "thrown together" than the AFD 5 throwing themselves together when their other bands broke apart.

Lol... the single longest lineup... but the less productiv as well.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, axlslash said:

lol whenever I see these posts still fighting a war that's been lost it reminds me of... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_holdout

13 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

lol whenever I see these posts still fighting a war that's been lost it reminds me of... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_holdout

I'm not fighting anything. I, like everyone here, am thrilled that Slash and Duff are back in the band, and can't wait to see what they pull off together. That said, I see no reason to shit on the band's longest-standing lineup as being "thrown together" or "fake" or whatever. Whatever that band was, it was a group that stayed together and that put on some damn fine rock n' roll shows. No war to fight, and nothing has been lost as far as I'm concerned.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Stinson looks like he has the worst and second worst hangover in the world, in each of those photos.

How do you think he managed to stay in the band for 18 years? You need to be drunk to put up with Axl.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, axlslash said:

I'm not fighting anything. I, like everyone here, am thrilled that Slash and Duff are back in the band, and can't wait to see what they pull off together. That said, I see no reason to shit on the band's longest-standing lineup as being "thrown together" or "fake" or whatever. Whatever that band was, it was a group that stayed together and that put on some damn fine rock n' roll shows. No war to fight, and nothing has been lost as far as I'm concerned.

They had no creative chemistry. It is an example of the, 'throw a couple of random musicians into a pot and hope for the best' mentality.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sonofnazareth said:

They had no creative chemistry. It is an example of the, 'throw a couple of random musicians into a pot and hope for the best' mentality.  

For a band that had "no creative chemistry" they sure do work together a lot - Richard and Frank in the Compulsions, Dizzy and Richard in the Dead Daisies, BBF guesting on their tracks, pretty sure Frank and Richard played together on one of Stinson's solo records, Frank and Pittman in BEATRZR (not that I want to acknowledge that crap's existence). Ever consider that chemistry wasn't the problem so much as Axl?

10 minutes ago, axlslash said:

For a band that had "no creative chemistry" they sure do work together a lot - Richard and Frank in the Compulsions, Dizzy and Richard in the Dead Daisies, BBF guesting on their tracks, pretty sure Frank and Richard played together on one of Stinson's solo records, Frank and Pittman in BEATRZR (not that I want to acknowledge that crap's existence). Ever consider that chemistry wasn't the problem so much as Axl?

Yes, but is the quality of the material within those various projects up to the standards of GNR? Axl is a ballad writer..his attempt at writing a rocker (Shotgun Blues) was questionable to many fans. He needs a dynamic, creative team (Stradlin/Slash/Mckagan) to provide him with quality rock n' roll songs, so that he can sing on them. In my opinion, 'Shotgun Blues' is better than any of the 'rockers' on CD. Therefore, I feel that Axl has not managed to replicate the creative success of the original lineup with other musicians, where rock n' roll songs are concerned. 

Edited by sonofnazareth