Official: Axl will join AC/DC for stadium tour/US dates

ZoSoRose

SYDNEY – Wednesday 4 November at ANZ Stadium Australia
BRISBANE – Thursday 12 November at QSAC
ADELAIDE – Saturday 21 November at Adelaide Oval
PERTH – Friday 27 November at Domain Stadium
MELBOURNE – Sunday 6 December at Etihad Stadium

They're definitely going for a short but sweet tour. My guess is South America early next year and that's about it.

Now there is talk that AC/DC will not be included in the stream. Dang. But let's see.

It hasn't been officially confirmed or denied but it indeed now sounds like the band had declined to be a part of the stream. They did the same for Download on the Black Ice tour.

The thing that baffles me about the length of the tour is in an interview Brian had been talking about how he liked the idea of a 40-date tour for the 40th anniversary, but admitted that the demand was WAY too high to do only 40 gigs. This Australian leg brings us to like, 46 if my memory serves correctly.

The thing that baffles me about the length of the tour is in an interview Brian had been talking about how he liked the idea of a 40-date tour for the 40th anniversary, but admitted that the demand was WAY too high to do only 40 gigs. This Australian leg brings us to like, 46 if my memory serves correctly.

It seems that they're trying to cater to both desires at the same time with a lot of the bigger stadiums and unusual venues with fewer stops overall. Downsview Park is a prime example. Last time they sold out two shows at the Rogers and probably could have done even more. Downsview is a way of catering to that demand for tickets while doing less shows. I still say it's a terrible place for a concert. :lol:

Aaand, I'm out. Someone PM me in the morning and let me know if it's a good setlist (Meaning not the same old stuff). If it's basically Black Ice 2.0, I'm not gonna kill myself trying to avoid it for 4 months. But if there's some cool stuff I'd like to be surprised :)

Aaand, I'm out. Someone PM me in the morning and let me know if it's a good setlist (Meaning not the same old stuff). If it's basically Black Ice 2.0, I'm not gonna kill myself trying to avoid it for 4 months. But if there's some cool stuff I'd like to be surprised :)

Do yourself a favour - don't look at it. ;)

I have a gut feeling it'll change too because there were a couple notable omissions. Structurally it was fairly expected but there are definitely some surprises, and let's just say the surprises start with the opener. By all accounts, they've beefed up the guitar tones and Slade killed it.

It seems that the stage set isn't the full set for the tour even though it had the usual props.

Audio in full

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHmEhft2TTY

Damn, Brian is truly a god. What a showman.

And Chris drumming is a lot refreshing.

1428781349ACDC20150410FT003.jpg

The new songs sound fucking amazing!!!

Cant wait to see them in Argentina, can you believe i missed them in the famous River Plate 2009? I had the bad luck to be on holiday :cry:

Massive improvement from what we saw last week!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP_RPdACkgk

Setlist below!

Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be

Shot Down in Flames
Back in Black
Rock or Bust
Shoot to Thrill
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Thunderstruck
Play Ball
High Voltage
Hells Bells
Baptism by Fire
You Shook Me All Night Long
Have a Drink on Me
Sin City
T.N.T.
Rock 'n' Roll Train
Whole Lotta Rosie
Let There Be Rock
Encore:
Highway to Hell

For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)

Edited by GNRfanMILO

Just read that Phil Rudd has plead guilty to the charges of death threats and possession of drugs, risking a jail sentence of up to 7 years.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-32391010

A subsequent search of Rudd’s apartment on Nov. 6 then reportedly turned up 0.478 grams of methamphetamine and 91 grams of cannabis, according to multiple published reports. “This matter is essentially revolved around an angry phone call,” Tuck told reporters today. “You know, that was it. … The apparatus of the police then turned up with a search warrant based on a cannabis for own use situation and a cellphone.”"

/.../ the troubled AC/DC drummer doesn’t intend to spend a day in jail. Instead, Rudd’s lawyer Craig Tuck told a judge at New Zealand’s Tauranga District Court that he will apply for a discharge without conviction.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/acdc-phil-rudd-guilty-plea-plan/

It's the threat to kill charge that can screw him. I remember reading near the beginning of all of this that New Zealand law takes death threats extremely seriously. He probably won't do the seven years but I think he's at least going to jail. Some delusional fans at ACDCFans.net are still convinced he's going to rejoin the tour. At the rate the hearings are going, he might still be in court by the end of the tour. Even if he beats the charges, is Angus really going to want this unreliable, unrehearsed guy back? I think all AC/DC fans want the best for Rudd but I think him not showing up for the album and skipping photo and video shoots did more to strain his relationship with the band than the charges.

• Like 1

As I understand it, he didn't just threaten to kill someone, he actually went as far as enlisting someone else to do it. I hope he can get a discharge, but at this stage it looks very unlikely.

On the topic of AC/DCs current concerts, I checked out most of the Coachella live footage (pretty extensive and good sound too), some performances could have been better but overall the band sounds great, especially Brian. Though I think his playing is ok, Stevie Young's backing vocals are horrendous. I hope live you can't hear that as much, but Malcolm is clearly missed in that department.

As I understand it, he didn't just threaten to kill someone, he actually went as far as enlisting someone else to do it. I hope he can get a discharge, but at this stage it looks very unlikely.

On the topic of AC/DCs current concerts, I checked out most of the Coachella live footage (pretty extensive and good sound too), some performances could have been better but overall the band sounds great, especially Brian. Though I think his playing is ok, Stevie Young's backing vocals are horrendous. I hope live you can't hear that as much, but Malcolm is clearly missed in that department.

The backing vocals at the second show seemed better but yes, the first was pretty bad. Then again, Malcolm's backing vocals were pretty bad on the Black Ice tour (understandably) but it's not as noticeable live. They were patched big time for the River Plate release. It's amazing how great Brian sounded at these shows though. He nailed Thunderstruck at the second show after struggling with it the first. Slade also brings a renewed energy to the songs after Phil phoned it in on the last tour.