Official: Axl will join AC/DC for stadium tour/US dates

ZoSoRose

Well it does sound like every other AC/DC post Back in Black album, which isn't a bad thing per se. I listened to it twice while gone biking today and it just flies by so smoothly, they just sound like they are having a good time and unlike Black Ice, the songs don't get too heavy at times.

AC/DC's Phil Rudd Breaks Silence on Criminal Charges: 'We All Make Mistakes'
Drummer says he tried to make contact with Angus Young, but band hasn't been in touch

As Phil Rudd awaits sentencing for pleading guilty drugs and threatening to kill charges, the former AC/DC drummer is breaking his public silence. "I've seen the error of my ways," he recently told Australia's A Current Affair. "Onward and upward from here."

Regarding the charges to which he pleaded guilty, he said, "You make your own mistakes and it was a mistake of the charges. We all make mistakes." Currently, he's hoping for a "discharge without conviction."

The 12-minute segment finds the drummer hanging out around his oil-stained "luxury cruiser," in one of his eight cars, outside his "palatial" New Zealand home, at his airport hangar where he keeps a helicopter adjacent to his own restaurant, Phil's Place. But throughout the clip, Rudd says he'd rather be on the band's current world tour, in support of their recent Rock or Bust LP. Currently, drummer Chris Slade – who played on AC/DC's The Razors Edge, single "Big Gun" and early Nineties live albums – is on tour with the group.

"I'm fit and ready to go," he said of touring at one point. And when the reporter asked whether he wishes he was on tour, he said, "Oh, yeah. I'm not the only one either," referring to other, unnamed members of the group. But repeatedly he said it was up to guitarist Angus Young whether or not he would return to the group. "We all know [the other members who want me back] don't make a difference," he said. "That's how it is."

Rudd said he'd tried to get in contact with his bandmates, to no avail. "They haven't called me," he said. "I wrote 'em a letter and I tried to get in touch with Angus and no contact." When the reporter brought up the long history he had with the group, the drummer said, "I'm very disappointed, yeah. But that's life." And at another point, he said, "You know who your friends are, really."

But even if he's not getting in touch with Rudd directly, Young sent A Current Affair the same statement he sent USA Today last November. "Phil created his own situation," the guitarist wrote. "It's a hard thing to say about the guy. He's a great drummer, and he's done a lot of stuff for us. But he seems to have let himself go. He's not the Phil we've known in the past."

Rudd is due back in court on June 26th for sentencing.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ac-dcs-phil-rudd-breaks-silence-on-criminal-charges-we-all-make-mistakes-20150505

AC/DC's Phil Rudd Breaks Silence on Criminal Charges: 'We All Make Mistakes'

Drummer says he tried to make contact with Angus Young, but band hasn't been in touch

"You know who your friends are, really."

You tried to kill someone, you poof.

This shows me he learned nothing. Good riddance

• Like 2

Yup, he did it to himself and only he can fix it. Right now, Slade deserves to be there.

I also doubt "other unnamed members" have told him that they wish he was there. For one, he says the band hasn't contacted him at all. Brian has been on the same page as Angus in interviews and Stevie is the new guy. That leaves only Cliff who could have potentially said that to Phil, and considering he's chums with Chris I doubt that either.

• Like 1

I watched the ACA thing and it was a fucking clown show- whatever Phil might be he deserves better than the ACA treatment, I'm disappointed he even talked to them and I'm sure it wouldn't ingratiate him to Angus and the band...it's like expecting to be taken seriously on The Jerry Springer show or something.

At the end of the day this isn't a tragedy, Phil's had a good (second) run and it's nice that Chris has gotten another go...The Razor's Edge/LIVE lineup is definitive (Brian) ACDC to a lot of folks anyway.

Arnhem, Netherlands

01 - Rock or Bust
02 - Shoot to Thrill
03 - Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be
04 - Back in Black
05 - Play Ball
06 - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
07 - Thunderstruck
08 - High Voltage
09 - Rock 'n' Roll Train
10 - Hells Bells
11 - Baptism by Fire
12 - You Shook Me All Night Long
13 - Sin City
14 - Shot Down in Flames
15 - Have a Drink on Me
16 - T.N.T.
17 - Whole Lotta Rosie
18 - Let There Be Rock

Encore:
19 - Highway to Hell
20 - For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)

Absolutely fucking nailed it last night. Wow!

Thing with AC/DC is that you know exactly what you'll get. You roughly know the set. You they'll have a Rosie doll. You know Angus will do a solo on Let There Be Rock on his back, you know there will be cannons on For Those About To Rock... There are rarely any real surprises. And it doesn't matter because they do it like they're 20 and completely exceed expectations purely on the way they deliver it. Two hours of no ballads, no slow stuff, no breaks, just full speed rock and fucking roll. I love it! Great gig!

Will post some pics later.

Edited by username