Alan Niven - "It was Izzy's band" Article

Leaves no doubt that Axl destroyed the band. Izzy has never had an high opinion of Axl. Everything had to be perfect for him to put up with him. There is no wonder why he wants no part of this reunion. The Rock n Roll hall of fame was the last straw.

Gnr's Appettitte for Destruction's soul died when Adler and Izzy were no longer in the band, and they are also sorely missed for this "reunion".

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

Leaves no doubt that Axl destroyed the band. Izzy has never had an high opinion of Axl. Everything had to be perfect for him to put up with him. There is no wonder why he wants no part of this reunion.

Old article ignoring that Izzy played with Axl after the Hall of Fame then again after this article came out.

Niven is full of shit and biased.

• Like 3

Yeah I think it's an old read. Niven is an egotistical dipshit. I give him credit for the great whites success to an extent, but the guy has some serious issues understanding that he's not a rockstar. His bias towards slash and especially izzy makes him difficult to believe at times. 

That just sounded like a really bitter hatchet job, and complete bullshit. It was amusing how he glossed over Izzy's time as a heroin dealer and painted him as the good guy. 

Edited by stella

Yeah, sure, Alan Niven, go ahead and contribute some more to the tension that seems to be going on currently between Izzy and Axl (and Slash and Duff?). :facepalm:

Always has such a hard-on for Izzy and Slash, and always trashes Axl. (Notice how he keeps referring to Izzy as "Iz" and to Axl as "Rose" throughout the article?)

Don't get me wrong, I love Izzy and Slash as well, but let's try to be a little fair at least. And frankly, Izzy is not a saint either, as much as Alan Niven seems to think he is.

Also, if Izzy really hated Axl as much as Alan Niven thinks he does, Izzy wouldn't have been the only one constantly checking up on Axl over the years, and the first one to make up with him again and join him on stage.

Just shut up and go away. :facepalm:

EDIT: Just saw that this is an old article. Doesn't really change anything though, except for my first parapgraph. Niven is still a douchebag.

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 2

Article full of negativity. Some may think it's based on "facts" but noone really needs that shit right now. I guess someone's feeling bored out of their mind and decided to muddy some waters.

4 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

Izzy wasn't an angel either, was pretty lazy during the Illusions sessions by all accounts. The band worked very hard at his ideas and he can't be bothered recording a song like Coma because it has too many chord changes.

lazy? by all accounts? what accounts?

the band worked very hard at his ideas? what?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

By other band members that good enough for you?, didn't even play on Coma or Locomotive pretty fucking lazy in my opinion i learnt those songs in an hour or two. What you mean "the band worked hard on his ideas", do you think he came up with Slash's solo work on fucking Dust n Bones?, laid down the piano on 14 years?, what the fuck are YOU talking about.

6 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

i never knew Izzy sold heroin....you learn something every day

What did you think

"I've been the dealer, hanging on your street..." was about? :P Izzy did indeed make his living by dealing heroin before Guns got big.

45 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

Slash's, Axl's and even Duff's I think.

Niven was fired by Axl. Just remember that. Very likely he still holds a grudge. Take a lot of this -- including some of the stuff about how Izzy didn't want Axl to come to L.A. with him -- with a half a grain of salt.

36 minutes ago, 3rd Wheel said:

Niven was fired by Axl. Just remember that. Very likely he still holds a grudge. Take a lot of this -- including some of the stuff about how Izzy didn't want Axl to come to L.A. with him -- with a half a grain of salt.

Izzy himself said all of that back in the day. This whole thing about Izzy and Axl being super best friends in Indiana was made up during the nuGNR years.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

Izzy himself said all of that back in the day. This whole thing about Izzy and Axl being super best friends in Indiana was made up during the nuGNR years.

Source? Izzy is my favorite gunner and I've read and watched a lot of his interviews. I don't recall him ever saying he didn't want Axl out there with him.

And I don't know about super BFFs, but they did hang out together when they were young. I remember Izzy saying he has very vivid memories of spending the summer when they were 16 or 17 with Axl and just driving around through the fields and doing drugs all day. Izzy was also the one who convinced Axl to try and sing in his band. And he was close enough to Axl to know about his messed-up home life and his lack of success in getting pussy. Sounds like they were at least somewhat close to me.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

Nah it wasn't Izzy's band, the bands he was in before did nothing and he's done nothing of real note since. The man was a very good songwriter in his pomp but when he got in a room with the other guys his songs became legendary. The Ju Ju Hounds was Izzy's band Alan and Double Talkin Jive wouldn't have sounded quite so cool with that mob playing it.

Edited by Silverburst80