China Exchange: 60 Minutes with Axl Rose

Axl made a few mentions of Izzy, you can tell Izzy gets a free pass no matter what he says or believes about the reunion. Axl never has taken a personal stance against Izzy, it's almost like he's just thinking "that's Izzy for ya" 

Im surprised Axl didn't take a clear stance on the Google photo block case...nobody asked but it would be something I'd want to clarify to make it look better. He could have said something like "I didn't think it would be a big deal, I've never liked that photo and how it's been used over the years so I thought I'd see what legal grounds I have to get it removed. Unfortunately it's turned into a bigger deal than I ever imagined and has backfired a bit" 

2 hours ago, Gackt said:

Are we back on the Chinese Democracy 2 hype train yet?

60 minute interview is over, ChiDem2 is now :axl:

Da dada daaaa 

da dada da daaaaa

Edited by wasted
Da

17 hours ago, ACP said:

Hi everyone, my first post here.  Well I WAS THERE TONIGHT!!!!   I am posting this info because it's what I'd like as a GnR fan if I hadn't made it. I registered recently for some online website that informs you of when bands are playing and got a notification on Friday from them about an Axl Rose event today.  I booked it immediately and asked for the afternoon off work. As has been stated, Axl was late but the traffic in London was a nightmare today with the heavy rain and it genuinely wasn't his fault.  I thought the venue seemed a bit odd too but online I could see other stars have done this.  I have to say I have no insider info and was just lucky to get the ticket on Friday. I managed to get a seat on the front row too and I asked Axl a question.  

Axl looked and sounded great, he was happy, smiling, polite, very friendly and I have to say endearing.  The moderator talked wth him first for a while then opened the floor to questions and said they had to be intelligent questions. Mostly they were to be honest and Axl came across as very intelligent himself. There was a camera filming so I'd assume there will be a video posted online at some point.  There was no bitching about Slash so if anyone says otherwise it's a lie.  The only thing I remember in this regard is someone asked how they got on now, and Axl said words to the effect of its all great/good and that it had been 19yrs since they'd spoken and that Slash had written things in his book that were just made up.  Someone asked Axl if he would write a book so we can hear his side, and he said he would but that it would be hard to tell his side now they've made up without it affecting things. I'm sorry those aren't Axls exact words, it's just how I remember. 

When I got the chance to ask a question, I asked now that GnR have reformed, do you have any plans to tour in the UK/Europe (outside the states)?  My mind was a bit jellied because I was in awe but he said definitely, that they want to pursue or push this to be a big thing.  

While people managed to take photos on their phones, the moderator eventually said we should put down on phones/stop recording and enjoy the moment for its rarity in the here and now  - he didn't want people to film it and said we can look at the video later on YouTube.  That's why there isn't much video footage.  At the end the moderator said because they'd been mobbed outside coming in, he didn't want us to be all middle class and start taking selfies/autographs, and said Axl and his entourage will leave shortly.  But then Axl said he was happy to stay for photos/autographs.  I was hoping to have my photo taken with him, but it was like a scrum - people trying to get to him, brandishing albums for his signature.  I felt during the whole session Axl had been relaxed and friendly and been happy to answer people's questions, and I felt this scramble at the end was a shame.  It felt like people were just keen to get signatures (maybe to sell on) or take a selfie and before I got a chance to get close to Axl his bodyguard said that was enough. I saw the videos when Axl left and was walking back to his taxi - I think it's shameful how people were jumping in front of him and snapping etc.  I have to be honest and say he was a really lovely guy, and I think he deserved treating with greater respect.  

I am still star struck.......I will try and post some photos if I can figure it out....

Awesome!!! Welcome to the forum and this has to be one of the all time great first posts on here.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, maxpax said:

What qualifies Axl for this? An Album called chinese democracy? Come on...

Yeah, I was going to ask the same question?

Big bucks! Axl needs to do an interview here before the reunion tour begins the end of the month.

He needs to go on The Tonight show with Jimmy Fallon. I think that would be a hoot! And then Slash and Duff can come along too.;)

11 hours ago, rendestroi95 said:

The guy had the chance to ask anything to axl. It could be about new music, how the reunion happened, if the troubadour concert will be released, if old concerts will be released, anything!!

And the question is...:

"Axl, your voice is, of course, perfect for rock and roll, but have you ever thought about joining a jazz band?"

I'M DONE

Well, at least he didn't say " thanks to the lame ass questions, I'm going home"

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Huge grin on My face right now. I really hope He will publish His book soon! I cant wait to read His side!

I would love to read an Axl's autobiography. I tried watching some of this interview on youtube, but that guy was so boring and his questions were confusing to me. I was not going to sit in front of my pc for over 50 minutes to watch it.

I figured if there's new music, we'll find out soon enough and as for the book, hopefully that will happen sooner rather than later.

Still want a full interview here with Slash and Duff.

5 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I would love to read an Axl's autobiography. I tried watching some of this interview on youtube, but that guy was so boring and his questions were confusing to me. I was not going to sit in front of my pc for over 50 minutes to watch it.

I figured if there's new music, we'll find out soon enough and as for the book, hopefully that will happen sooner rather than later.

Still want a full interview here with Slash and Duff.

I really hope Someone could transcript the interview

I kinda wanna ask this thing to Axl "Is He regret to be a famous?"

5 minutes ago, killuridols said:

:facepalm:

Why not? You know that He has a lot of haters N' have to deal with a lot of things tht He dont like it with media, haters even Friends tht becomes Enemy back then...

also Sebastian ever said tht He once talk about His life to Him in a video

If He's not famous at least He didnt have to deal with whatever He feels bad about

even though You are rich N' famous but People hates You without knowing the real truth N' whatever You do or said its always backfires You, is tht really worth it?

Edited by SerenityScorp
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, killuridols said:

A conference with the three of them would be amazing. But one can only dream... :wub:

Yes, that's my dream as well.

Or if they feel a conference would be too awkward, maybe a sit-down type interview with the three of them in a relaxed atmosphere and a competent journalist.

I don't think it's completely impossible, we might just get something like that :wub:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, maynard said:

So Axl wants to do movie soundtracks? :facepalm:

Axl, you're just a rock singer, go sing about rocking or busting, it's what you do best. 

F'n CD was built for movie soundtracks. Go listen to the instrumentals, he's had his fun, back to rock!

1 minute ago, SerenityScorp said:

Why not? You know that He has a lot of haters N' have to deal with a lot of things tht He dont like it with media, haters even Friends tht becomes Enemy back then...

also Sebastian ever said tht He once talk about His life to Him in a video

If He's not famous at least He didnt have to deal with whatever He feels bad about

I wouldn't waste an unique opportunity to ask him something with that question.

He always wanted to be famous, be in a rock band, be a huge rockstar. Maybe you'd want to ask about the downside of being famous, but he has answered that before. At least, in 1992 he did, in a press conference he did in Argentina. You Tube it.

Dont know if he may have changed his views on it but I don't think he would say he regrets it. Such an incredible life he has wouldn't have been possible if he wasn't famous.

4 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Yes, that's my dream as well.

Or if they feel a conference would be too awkward, maybe a sit-down type interview with the three of them in a relaxed atmosphere and a competent journalist.

I don't think it's completely impossible, we might just get something like that :wub:

Yeah, like that Eddie Trunk radio interview from 2006. A funny, relaxed conversation like that, cracking jokes, two hours long. I hope it happens! Apparently he did very well with these questions, although most of them sound naive and not much challenging, but Axl still released more info than what was asked and that indicates he's open to talk about it.

• Like 1