Axl Rose

night prowler

10 minutes ago, night prowler said:

Honestly ... have only ever been on this  ac/dc stuff ... and frankly ... it scares me what maybe goin on over there... and the level and ....the language...

i dare not wonder over there ....

amen!

probably a good idea! so you're in Sweden? do you get those glorious aurora borealis night skies? I saw one once here during a very severe solar storm but i'd love to see one of those really spectacular ones in the area where you live! :) 

hahaha! yeah I would think hard on that one. it seems so innocent us women just posting away but it gets nasty there at time believe me ;)

Chill honey-bunny .... just answering to this one... (above)...in what i thought was a non-serious-half-sort-of-funny ---way

Lifetimes ago did i figure that one out ... the one about girls and boys and whos smarter ... i never question it ....

;)

Edited by night prowler
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

probably a good idea! so you're in Sweden? do you get those glorious aurora borealis night skies? I saw one once here during a very severe solar storm but i'd love to see one of those really spectacular ones in the area where you live! :) 

yes ... we do ... and ...right now its daylight around the clock ... also something that never gets ... boring ..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, night prowler said:

hahaha! yeah I would think hard on that one. it seems so innocent us women just posting away but it gets nasty there at time believe me ;)

Chill honey-bunny .... just answering to this one... (above)...in what i thought was a non-serious-half-sort-of-funny ---way

Lifetimes ago did i figure that one out ... the one about gorls and bouys and whos smarter ... i never question it ....

;)

that's so weird how did you know my nickname? ( Bunny ). and I was only being half serious about that thread. there are some nice people there some not so nice...just like real life ;)

I'm just happy we're getting a another successful Axl period, his 'fat Elvis' stage. And, that people's misconceptions about him being an unprofessional asshole, not showing up, leaving the stage, being late etc. are being crushed. :=)

i tend to stumble over knowledge sometimes ... i dont know... im a first time angel on earth so it supposed to take me some time to know what to do ...

Bunny;...well that just wrote itself i quess... :)

yeah well that one ....

Wise human said once to me: "you gotta understand that the majority of people are complete and utterly stupid idiots ... but they do not know about this, so therefore there is nothing to do, and no meaning in trying to say something about it ... and by no means belive that they will understand what it is you would like them to"

the thing is.... does that include me :)

Edited by night prowler
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, AFGnR said:

I'm just happy we're getting a another successful Axl period, his 'fat Elvis' stage. And, that people's misconceptions about him being an unprofessional asshole, not showing up, leaving the stage, being late etc. are being crushed. :=)

yeah .. he had a bit of Elvis thing goin there ... from lookin at pictures... wasnt sure that wasnt just me ...thinkin that ...

Elvis ended up singin almost opera style ...

im not sure .... and on the philosophical side of it all..

....when you arrive at a certain point in life were there is something that you love more than you thought possible ... you kinda start wondering about  all those (waysted, but not!, in that case) years...and all the people and lifes that bumped you from one side to the other and slightly forward ... then you start to think that all the things that didnt work out...and all the things you left ... that others perhaps called you an idiot for doin .... All the choices you ever made up until now.... were they yours or... is it just different roads for different people...

"perhaps lucky me i was such an asshole back then that she left me.... otherwise" ? ... ;)

• Like 1

I have and never will be one who follows the crowd. and i'm proud of that! I have a quirky sense of humor, I am intensely devoted to those I love and those are the only ones whose opinions matter to me. I "dance like no one's looking" and I say the first thing that pops into my mind which upsets some people but it's honest. i march to the beat of a different drummer and i choose the path less travelled by. that's just me as my Maker in his infinite wisdom chose fit for me to be :)

is there realy any other way ..... ?

I kinda the same... allways been kind of a lone wolf ... something i choose cause i dont feel comfortable being trapped, as i feel it, in groups were you become depentent on eachother for life and joy of it ... i dont know... at the same time it has left me lonely i a way ... but i allways seem to be able to.."find a life"  :) ..when i need one .. or someone to live with through of .. and in between its just me .. and thats fine... allways been.... exept that nowdays its allso my daughter.... so ... and well... i quess that makes it even more unnecessary in my mind to belong to some group ... im like allways been just a bit outside the circle... allways knowing everybody that knws everybody .... but just never .. been inside...

and my gut feeling is that its good ... thank god for that i think... the intuition in me

but then my brain and social expectancy devil on my shoulder whispers that im a lonely sorry human-like-being of a sort 

Life ... :facepalm:

Been a musician my whole life though ... played constantly and everywhere fpr 25 years ... and those type of groups ... are the only ones i like

.... its cause they are small universes were you decide who gonna be in or out and its usually between real friends and you make your own rules regarding whats important and not ... and you shut the door, close the dome, ....and thats just beautifull ... :) ... i miss that ...

Edited by night prowler
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, night prowler said:

is there realy any other way ..... ?

I kinda the same... allways been kind of a lone wolf ... something i choose cause i dont feel comfortable being trapped, as i feel it, in groups were you become depentent on eachother for life and joy of it ... i dont know... at the same time it has left me lonely i a way ... but i allways seem to be able to.."find a life"  :) ..when i need one .. or someone to live with through of .. and in between its just me .. and thats fine... allways been.... exept that nowdays its allso my daughter.... so ... and well... i quess that makes it even more unnecessary in my mind to belong to some group ... im like allways been just a bit outside the circle... allways knowing everybody that knws everybody .... but just never .. been inside...

and my gut feeling is that its good ... thank god for that i think... the intuition in me

but then my brain and social expectancy devil on my shoulder whispers that im a lonely sorry human-like-being of a sort 

Life ... :facepalm:

Been a musician my whole life though ... played constantly and everywhere fpr 25 years ... and those type of groups ... are the only ones i like

.... its cause they are small universes were you decide who gonna be in or out and its usually between real friends and you make your own rules regarding whats important and not ... and you shut the door, close the dome, ....and thats just beautifull ... :) ... i miss that ...

cool you're a musician! what do you play? do you sing? i live on top of a mountain and i see more animals than people 99% of the time. but i love it. i feed the wild rabbits, i pet wild horses, and of course i have my two "fur babies" black lab male dog and a longhaired female black kitty. i love the night sky as you may have guessed, love star gazing and meteor showers. and yet every once in a while i do crazy things like spend way too much money to go a place like vegas FULL of people to see my fave band at a concerts packed w/people! oh well that mi vida loca i guess! :P

• Like 1

On 2016-06-13 at 0:26 AM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

cool you're a musician! what do you play? do you sing? i live on top of a mountain and i see more animals than people 99% of the time. but i love it. i feed the wild rabbits, i pet wild horses, and of course i have my two "fur babies" black lab male dog and a longhaired female black kitty. i love the night sky as you may have guessed, love star gazing and meteor showers. and yet every once in a while i do crazy things like spend way too much money to go a place like vegas FULL of people to see my fave band at a concerts packed w/people! oh well that mi vida loca i guess! :P

Top of a mountin .... and that description of what you do .. sounds like something i could go for right now in life...i could use the tranquility, and the eyes of and company of animals ... I grew up with dogs, they are pretty nice, we had one that was a cross between a germain shäfer and greenland dog, he was the family wolf :)

how the hell do you feel the wild rabbits? ... thats a discovery nature show right there ... ah, ok  not from your palm directly....right? :) ...

petting wild horses though ... nice.... when looking into the eyes of horses i allways feel as that they see all the way in to my depest well best kept hidden corner of my soul and right there and then exposes me for it....like: "you know thats who you are right?" .. its the size and depth of the eyes perhaps ...magic, and scary as hell

..i quess its all about having that littel corner in life that feels like you and is a sort of mirror of your spirit and soul..... And then to go off and behave all crazy everynow and then .. of course .... its like living with seasons ... you want them all.... I never did understand people who say theyd wanna live were theres summer all the time ... changes in nature is what changes me... positive or negaitive ... like life... id go absolutely crazy to be in constant summer... if anything if i forced to choose id take a cold white sparkly snowy winter over a gazing sticky bugg-anoying sun-skin-cacer summer anyday ...

Im a drummer... was used to be.--are allways... its a bit of at the moment .. but more or less my whole life ...around the clock ..exept last couple of years

People! .... theres a nother topic and a book  and movie ... God damn people....  but of course ... i am people to ..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, night prowler said:

Top of a mountin .... and that description of what you do .. sounds like something i could go for right now in life...i could use the tranquility, and the eyes of and company of animals ... I grew up with dogs, they are pretty nice, we had one that was a cross between a germain shäfer and greenland dog, he was the family wolf :)

how the hell do you feel the wild rabbits? ... thats a discovery nature show right there ... ah, ok  not from your palm directly....right? :) ...

petting wild horses though ... nice.... when looking into the eyes of horses i allways feel as that they see all the way in to my depest well best kept hidden corner of my soul and right there and then exposes me for it....like: "you know thats who you are right?" .. its the size and depth of the eyes perhaps ...magic, and scary as hell

..i quess its all about having that littel corner in life that feels like you and is a sort of mirror of your spirit and soul..... And then to go off and behave all crazy everynow and then .. of course .... its like living with seasons ... you want them all.... I never did understand people who say theyd wanna live were theres summer all the time ... changes in nature is what changes me... positive or negaitive ... like life... id go absolutely crazy to be in constant summer... if anything if i forced to choose id take a cold white sparkly snowy winter over a gazing sticky bugg-anoying sun-skin-cacer summer anyday ...

Im a drummer... was used to be.--are allways... its a bit of at the moment .. but more or less my whole life ...around the clock ..exept last couple of years

People! .... theres a nother topic and a book  and movie ... God damn people....  but of course ... i am people to ..

LOL no I don't feed them out of my palm but they are getting used to me. they equate me with food so maybe one day :) the horses I do feed out of my hand. you hit upon something that I feel, when I look in their eyes I call it my soul moment, and yes I feel that magic. my friends think i'm crazy because they think i'm going to be stomped on or something but they are truly gentle creatures. I so agree about the seasons, i couldn't live where there weren't the four changes. you'd love it here because we normally have snow and it does sparkle, a better sparkle than any diamonds to me. there is a pinyon tree that looks like the perfect Christmas tree  front of my house, in winter it's complete with icicles and snow, it puts the ones people buy and decorate to shame.  so you're a drummer that's cool. I assume you've played in bands? I am not at all musically gifted but I love music so much. who is your favorite drummer and what is your favorite song to drum to?  so nice to chat with you, we seem to be on the same page in  lot of ways :) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

LOL no I don't feed them out of my palm but they are getting used to me. they equate me with food so maybe one day :) the horses I do feed out of my hand. you hit upon something that I feel, when I look in their eyes I call it my soul moment, and yes I feel that magic. my friends think i'm crazy because they think i'm going to be stomped on or something but they are truly gentle creatures. I so agree about the seasons, i couldn't live where there weren't the four changes. you'd love it here because we normally have snow and it does sparkle, a better sparkle than any diamonds to me. there is a pinyon tree that looks like the perfect Christmas tree  front of my house, in winter it's complete with icicles and snow, it puts the ones people buy and decorate to shame.  so you're a drummer that's cool. I assume you've played in bands? I am not at all musically gifted but I love music so much. who is your favorite drummer and what is your favorite song to drum to?  so nice to chat with you, we seem to be on the same page in  lot of ways :) 

Have you seen that documentary about the guy, or was it a couple, dont remember, could be it was but .. anyway .. they lived close and around a pack of wolves for about a year or so and then after that time they more or less becme part of the pack ... its one of the most heart warming things ive seen ... its just amazin ... I like wolves :) ..The horses, yes of course... they are from a different place ,, and they look at you like nothing else ... Ilike the way you describe your place .. i get a post card from the mountin thing in my mind .. and its a pretty one.... I could live i think were it was winter longer then summer ... i kinda like that sort of living more...you get cozy inside....a storm outside.. and then when its sunny and pretty and cold outside.... its breathtakingly beautiful ...

Ive played in many many many bands , ,.. played for 25-30 years ... mostly full time... not like i earned money or anything..but got to travel abit and play many big festivals in sweden and scandinavia for many many years ... alot of records to ... played all sorts ... i shouldnt say played...im not done...  jazz, rock, pop, blues, hard rock, latin, etc... all of it... but im a rock n roll guy .. grew up on Elvis and Chuck berry and all that .. so in a way ac/dc was a logic choise for me   ...

favorite drummer.... oh well .. i have to say phill rudd... couse it was when i started... and when he was at his best he had a groove to his beat like never ever anybody .. i think....  i like most everything though and everybody ... its just different levels of liking and loving...but as a drummer i like the groove the beat ... the simple stuff that perhaps is the hardest to do cause theres nothing to hide behind ...  but its allso another side to me as that drummer ..the one that plays improv jazz ... so .. its all music... and for me its hard to be a musician and to say that i dont like something ... its just different... music is music...

same page... yes... think so ... its nice ... i quess :)

• Like 1

Let me the first, or last, or at least latest person to say that this Axl DC things is really the stuff of legend. Its so incredible its hard to describe. I was skeptical that he could pull this off. Even now I keep thinking he's going to blow his voice out or fall back to earth, but he keeps delivering to the fullest song after song, show after show. Its just unreal.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. Dude said:

Let me the first, or last, or at least latest person to say that this Axl DC things is really the stuff of legend. Its so incredible its hard to describe. I was skeptical that he could pull this off. Even now I keep thinking he's going to blow his voice out or fall back to earth, but he keeps delivering to the fullest song after song, show after show. Its just unreal.

I never doubted him. I knew he could do it and it just seemed like Angus was a  strong enough of an incentive to get Axl to move his ass and rehearse so he won't let Angus and AC/DC fans down. Even the chair didn't stop him and was even an advantage when it came to his vocals.

So I somewhat agree.

Edited by Rovim

9 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I never doubted him. I knew he could do it and it just seemed like Angus was a  strong enough of an incentive to get Axl to move his ass and rehearse so he won't let Angus and AC/DC fans down. Even the chair didn't stop him and was even an advantage when it came to his vocals.

So I somewhat agree.

Its like he did the fat Elvis thing first and then came back and did the leather jacket comeback. I loved the entire new Guns era, but I have to admit that there were times that I thought he might be close to finished. What he's doing now just makes it seem like he was bored.

43 minutes ago, Mr. Dude said:

Its like he did the fat Elvis thing first and then came back and did the leather jacket comeback. I loved the entire new Guns era, but I have to admit that there were times that I thought he might be close to finished. What he's doing now just makes it seem like he was bored.

I didn't know you were a detractor but yeah maybe he is even more excited to play with Slash, Duff, and Angus. No musician is always pumped as fuck to play one of their tunes for the millionth time. It's also about playing with an idol and playing with a guitar player that was in exile for 20 years. Their special chemistry turns it to something else that you can't compare to DJ and Bumble with a straight face.

It's important to remember they were never the players Axl wanted. Not his first pick. (not trying to take anything away from Bumble)

So maybe if Bucket and Robin were still in the band it would be a better comparison to make. (but not by much)

Edited by Rovim

20 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I didn't know you were a detractor but yeah maybe he is even more excited to play with Slash, Duff, and Angus. No musician is always pumped as fuck to play one of their tunes for the millionth time. It's also about playing with an idol and playing with a guitar player that was in exile for 20 years. Their special chemistry turns it to something else that you can't compare to DJ and Bumble with a straight face.

It's important to remember they were never the players Axl wanted. Not his first pick. (not trying to take anything away from Bumble)

So maybe if Bucket and Robin were still in the band it would be a better comparison to make. (but not by much)

I've never been a detractor. I've always loved the fat era Elvis and fat Elvis invented the fat, bored rock star thing. You've got to be pretty fucking rock star to pull it off. I've always found it artistically compelling.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Dude said:

I've never been a detractor. I've always loved the fat era Elvis and fat Elvis invented the fat, bored rock star thing. You've got to be pretty fucking rock star to pull it off. I've always found it artistically compelling.

I wasn't talking about that. I just think he wasn't that excited by Bumble and DJ in the first place. Not excited enough to release CD ll with them still in the line up or working on new material with them. Not just cause Slash and Duff. Fat shows in Vegas with strippers and huge video screens are fine by me, as long as he can deliver.

But it's just no match for Angus, Slash, and Duff for multiple reasons, some of which I've touched in the previous post.

Edited by Rovim