Alan Niven: I'm really disappointed to see Axl playing in AC/DC

As much and as openly as I hate the idea of Axl fronting AC/DC right from the start, I have to admit that what Mr Niven wrote here is such bollocks that I'm still not sure, whether to laugh or cry over that poor man that has drifted away into some serious mental illness long ago :lol:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well if you are silly enough to believe Axl is on the same pedestal as your Dylans and Lennons, and dislike AC/DC's brand of prepubescent rock n' roll, you might concur that Niven has a point.

I don't think Axl aimed to be in Dylan's or Lennons lyrical styling though. Besides Civil War and Chinese Democracy he never really wrote about social-political subjects. There's even an interview at Donnington '88 where he was asked about similarities between Guns and Maiden and he said Maiden used their music to express their political beliefs and he said he never wanted to be like that.

ppl take religion too seriously

if god would really deny somebody over some inconsequential sin then hes a judgemental prick lol

religion is just a farce anyway....after you pass there will be nothing....thats my opinion 

Edited by -W.A.R-

4 minutes ago, ChineseIRS said:

I don't think Axl aimed to be in Dylan's or Lennons lyrical styling though. Besides Civil War and Chinese Democracy he never really wrote about social-political subjects. There's even an interview at Donnington '88 where he was asked about similarities between Guns and Maiden and he said Maiden used their music to express their political beliefs and he said he never wanted to be like that.

I believe he said your band is like your political view point, and theirs was nothing like GNRs, and he hoped to never be like that and it's not catching. :) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

Well, those scumbags in the vatican like the pope etc live under supposed holy symbols in a supposed holy city - and they do many awful things like rape children. So, I guess, symbols don't mean much do they?

The only meaning a symbol has is what people decide to give it. AC/DC makes great rock music and my impression is that they're good, normal people. The imagery they use is satirical not satanic and if anything it is mocking the devil, not endorsing it.

because the vatican switched to the other side long time ago. But this is for another thread I think.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alfierose said:

This is hilarious. He's officially jumped the great white shark!

(See what I did there :P)

Even sharks act calmer when listening to acdc, they frickin love it they also rub their faces along the speaker which is weird but still cool.

I can think of a LOT of reasons to be dissapointed in Axl from the 90's up to recent times...

.... however Axl Rose in 2016 is the Axl Rose we have all been waiting for.  I am happy at nearly everything Axl has done this year and I feel positive about GNR for the first time in years