Alan Niven: I'm really disappointed to see Axl playing in AC/DC

15 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I guess I didn't word that best - nowadays it's not an indication of quality. Everyone and everything is so interconnected in our world now that it's much easier to hop on a bandwagon. But you look at artists from 30-40 years ago, it's a much better indicator of lasting quality; you have some bands still selling out stadiums, while other bands have slowly puttered out and are on the club circuit barely making end's meat. 

That's very true. They've been drawing crowds for decades; that counts for a lot.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2016 at 5:47 PM, The Archer said:

:facepalm: 

Alan Niven is behaving like a girl whom Axl once slept with and then never bothered to call again....but she still hasn't gotten over him and will now say any ridiculous thing to get some attention.

This is most accurate...

Wasn't Niven the one who said Axl wouldn't reunite because Axl thought Slash was the devil? Maybe Axl was caught up in this struggle and now alan thinks he gave in? Anyhow del seems to be keen on the whole satanic ordeal and he's pretty close to Axl? Is it all theatrics or is there more to it?

I agree with Niven on a lot of stuff but he straight up jumped the shark with that one. Just a huge WTF with whatever he said. He sounds like a crazy person in that interview. Lost all credibility with the AC/DC is devil's music nonsense. 

He's right about Axl having had potential to be a Rock statesman with Civil War and playing the Freddie Mercury benefit but there was no way Axl was going to fit into that role, for better or worse, Axl is Axl. For every November Rain, you get a "Back off Bitch". :P

On 6/14/2016 at 6:14 PM, ZoSoRose said:

Andddddddd ,Alans nuts

everyone who likes GNR...

(and everyone saying that alan niven is nuts)

...do yourself a favor and listen to the full interview

its a great interview

and there is a lot of great stuff about GNR

whatever Axl does, Niven will be disappointed in him! Even in a moment of absolute triumph for Axl, Niven is so blatantly biased  and anti-Axl that it becomes ridiculous! Like he's trying so meticulously to find something bad to say ..

Listening to the interview now. Really interesting and insightful... A great listen. I recommend the fans to listen to it all. AC/DC comments are a bit far out, but it's a point of view from a guy who has been there and seen it. 

Edited by Slosh13

10 hours ago, ludurigan said:

its a great interview

Interview was ok before and after those idiotic AC/DC comments.

Nothing new about GN´R really , heard those things before. Interesting stories, yeiss, nothing to complain about those rock3:hug::headbang:

ps. Great White was a dreadful, crappy band (IMO). :vomit::jerkoff: :devilshades:

16 hours ago, ludurigan said:

its a great interview

I listened to the entire bloody thing and I now think Niven's even crazier than before. It was boring as fuck, contained nothing new and he kept banging on about the devil thing. Every time you thought he was finally done with it, he'd bring it up again. :facepalm:

The hatred the man has for AC/DC, Angus and Axl is ridiculous. And I say that as someone who s not an AC/DC or Axl fan.

What a load of bollocks! 

Bringing up the murderer / rapist who listened to AC/DC? Bullshit! AC/DC should have retired because some lunatic misinterpreted their song meanings? Bah!

He's grasping for anything at this stage just to say something negative and get his name on a few "news" reports.

Niven, go home and have a nap. You're embarrassing yourself.

*He's not usually this mental, so I'm hoping there's a translation error.

2 hours ago, Frey said:

I listened to the entire bloody thing and I now think Niven's even crazier than before. It was boring as fuck, contained nothing new and he kept banging on about the devil thing. Every time you thought he was finally done with it, he'd bring it up again. :facepalm:

The hatred the man has for AC/DC, Angus and Axl is ridiculous. And I say that as someone who s not an AC/DC or Axl fan.

if you listen to this interview and didnt notice that alan actually aprreciates a lot of things about axl, well...

• Like 1

Alan said, and I'm paraphrasing... "What a privilege to be around the band at that time."

He's actually disappointed that Axl didn't go on to even greater heights. I think he's speaking as a fan and clearly has admiration for him in the short time he was managing Guns. So he does talk about Axl in a positive light too. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ludurigan said:

if you listen to this interview and didnt notice that alan actually aprreciates a lot of things about axl, well...

Saying that Axl is talented and could/should have been even greater are simply facts that even Niven can't deny. It doesn't balance the whole crazy ACDC rant out or any of the other shit he's talked about him over the years.

10 hours ago, Slosh13 said:

He's actually disappointed that Axl didn't go on to even greater heights. I think he's speaking as a fan and clearly has admiration for him in the short time he was managing Guns. So he does talk about Axl in a positive light too. 

His admiration for Axl is so creepy it reminds me of those ladies on Twitter who "talk" to Axl as if he was their husband :scared:

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Frey said:

Saying that Axl is talented and could/should have been even greater are simply facts that even Niven can't deny. It doesn't balance the whole crazy ACDC rant out or any of the other shit he's talked about him over the years.

no, those are not facts

a lot of people find axl to be a talenteless waste

a lot of people dont like gnr and some think that it is one of the shittiest bands ever

of course no one here agrees with that 

(including you, me and alan)

• Like 1

Alan has a very floral way of speaking that people take too literally. Like that interview where he commented on Axl's bisexuality.

He's a big fan of Axl's and says a lot of complimentary things that get overlooked. Like any fan, he's just expressing his frustration with how things turned out. He's not alone in thinking Axl missed an opportunity to reach greatness.

Edited by Babooshka
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Babooshka said:

Alan has a very floral way of speaking that people take too literally. Like that interview where he commented on Axl's bisexuality.

He's a big fan of Axl's and says a lot of complimentary things that get overlooked. Like any fan, he's just expressing his frustration with how things turned out. He's not alone in thinking Axl missed an opportunity to reach greatness.

What did he say about Axl's bisexuality?

Everybody say Niven is a big fan of Axl but that's not how a sane fan acts or talks. He's the Mark Chapman type, I'm sorry. He's just too creepy. I never heard him say anything complimentary of Axl and if he ever does, he makes sure it's not the highlight of his comments, he inmediately has to dump a load of horseshit on whatever little good thing he said.

And you can think Axl wasted time or missed opportunities, but no one is in Axl's shoes or knows what happened to him and why he didn't do what he was supposed to do.

Sometimes we get so intense about Axl that we act as if we owned his life and become so possessive with a guy who's just a human being. His life belongs to him, no one else, in spite of a lot of fans wanting to suck his spirit and make him do what we want him to do, instead of what he really wants and needs.

• Like 4