Alan Niven: I'm really disappointed to see Axl playing in AC/DC

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

I never heard him say anything complimentary of Axl and if he ever does, he makes sure it's not the highlight of his comments, he inmediately has to dump a load of horseshit on whatever little good thing he said.

That is the impression I've always got from Alan's comments about Axl. Anything positive is usually a backhanded compliment. Just a better way of putting him down.

Admittedly, I have no interest in going back and listening to his interviews so my impression could be completely wrong. :shrugs:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, killuridols said:

What did he say about Axl's bisexuality?

Everybody say Niven is a big fan of Axl but that's not how a sane fan acts or talks. He's the Mark Chapman type, I'm sorry. He's just too creepy. I never heard him say anything complimentary of Axl and if he ever does, he makes sure it's not the highlight of his comments, he inmediately has to dump a load of horseshit on whatever little good thing he said.

And you can think Axl wasted time or missed opportunities, but no one is in Axl's shoes or knows what happened to him and why he didn't do what he was supposed to do.

Sometimes we get so intense about Axl that we act as if we owned his life and become so possessive with a guy who's just a human being. His life belongs to him, no one else, in spite of a lot of fans wanting to suck his spirit and make him do what we want him to do, instead of what he really wants and needs.

He basically speculated Axl is bisexual based on the outfits he wore on stage :facepalm:And that we should ask ourselves who the Rocket Queen really is or some shit like that. Completely ridiculous.

6 hours ago, Frey said:

He basically speculated Axl is bisexual based on the outfits he wore on stage :facepalm:And that we should ask ourselves who the Rocket Queen really is or some shit like that. Completely ridiculous.

huh? :confused:

do you have a link to this interview? omg this guy gets weirder and weirder :facepalm:

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

huh? :confused:

do you have a link to this interview? omg this guy gets weirder and weirder :facepalm:

Was discussed here 

"AN: Axl’s muse is predominantly driven by conflict and hate … but, genderwise he is an equal opportunity junkyard dog … and then again, how sweet is Sweet Child. Or Rocket Queen. That is Axl as an angel. Maybe even a bi-sexual one. Who is the Rocket Queen really? Lets talk about those feathers, those little white leather shorts …. But yes, you’re quite right. And we all knew it, but I did not consider Axl’s statements to be gratuitous, so I could endorse them as sincere. On Your Knees was gratuitous." 

29 minutes ago, Frey said:

Was discussed here 

"AN: Axl’s muse is predominantly driven by conflict and hate … but, genderwise he is an equal opportunity junkyard dog … and then again, how sweet is Sweet Child. Or Rocket Queen. That is Axl as an angel. Maybe even a bi-sexual one. Who is the Rocket Queen really? Lets talk about those feathers, those little white leather shorts …. But yes, you’re quite right. And we all knew it, but I did not consider Axl’s statements to be gratuitous, so I could endorse them as sincere. On Your Knees was gratuitous." 

Thank you for that!

I had to read the whole thing and I'm speechless, lol.

Tbh I didn't understand what he meant by all that and I don't want to understand it, haha.

I don't have a strong opinion on the matter. It's one of those heavy topics I'm always scared of :confused:

On 6/17/2016 at 7:55 PM, killuridols said:

His admiration for Axl is so creepy it reminds me of those ladies on Twitter who "talk" to Axl as if he was their husband :scared:

Perhaps. But, Alan has a sense of the philosophical about him that I enjoy listening to. His AC/DC opinion was far out. I don't think he should think less of Axl for performing with Angus. 

not really thread worthy so I'll just put this here 

Axl had nodules in the 80s

She thinks the band is on a gag order because Slash won't text back and changed his mind about writing a foreword for her book. 

Bret Michaels was the hardest to manage

nothing else GNR related aside from her not getting paid which most people already know

I don't really pay attention to that man any more. From what I've learned, his agenda basically says that anything that isn't Appetite for Destruction (music, line-up, whatever) is complete shit.

Strongly disagree.

16 hours ago, killuridols said:

Thank you for that!

I had to read the whole thing and I'm speechless, lol.

Tbh I didn't understand what he meant by all that and I don't want to understand it, haha.

I don't have a strong opinion on the matter. It's one of those heavy topics I'm always scared of :confused:

It's hard to understand because he's not making any sense. Seems like crazy delusional ramblings to me, as usual. 

I'm open to the possibility of Axl being bisexual, but not based on the crazy shit that comes out of Niven's mouth. Because of his clothes, really?! :facepalm:

2 hours ago, Frey said:

It's hard to understand because he's not making any sense. Seems like crazy delusional ramblings to me, as usual. 

I'm open to the possibility of Axl being bisexual, but not based on the crazy shit that comes out of Niven's mouth. Because of his clothes, really?! :facepalm:

Yeah, me too, but my reasons are totally different too. lol. He knows jack shit. :lol:

10 hours ago, spliff said:

not really thread worthy so I'll just put this here 

Axl had nodules in the 80s

She thinks the band is on a gag order because Slash won't text back and changed his mind about writing a foreword for her book. 

Bret Michaels was the hardest to manage

nothing else GNR related aside from her not getting paid which most people already know

Or maybe it's because the last time Slash texted her, she screen capped his texts and posted them on her Facebook for everyone to see? 

• Like 3