What Are You Listening To 2017

Rovim

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I picked up their album jus based on liking the band name and album cover, i was pleasantly suprised.

Good little band, I've always liked them. Their 80s stuff is where it's at. Idk if we're talking about the same album, but the one with Blister in the Sun and Gone Daddy Gone, that's a tight album.

1 hour ago, J Dog said:

Blackstar, Axl called this the best country song ever? I love Axl but he's full of it on that one.

Yeah, it's a bit of a stretch.

He said it in 1987 (very interesting early interview btw). . Around 0:10 min mark:

I don't know if he has the same opinion now, but it surely is still a favorite of his, as it's played over the speakers after each show. Maybe he had said it as a deliberate overstatement, to emphasize that The Stones have been able to make great country songs (and great songs in different styles).

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, J Dog said:

Blackstar, Axl called this the best country song ever? I love Axl but he's full of it on that one.

is this a joke? or did Mick really think it was worthy? geez why post this crap??<_<

5 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

TOnight - Iggy Pop

Never noticed how funny the line 'i am gonna love her til the end' on the last verse is, particularly since the song begins with 'i saw my baby, she was turning blue, i knew that soon her young life was through' :lol:

well he was loving her to the end right?? :P

• Like 1