07/20/17 - NYC - Apollo Theater

alfierose

Just now, HuskerTornado said:

Why is it during every show people act like they haven't heard Axl sing in 25 years and the fact he isn't able to hit everything like he did when he was a young man is the end of the world?

AC/DC

Just now, NicDwolfwood said:

Then he should slow it down because he's flying through songs like a car down a slope with no breaks.

I'm pretty sure Frank didn't decide on the tempo. In fact I dont think he decides anything.

Axl should be forced to watch Fitz's drumming on the GNR songs during the SMKC run and then try and explain why he prefers putting a substandard product behind the drum kit.

This is not normal, as any real professional would sound infinitely better on that drum kit than Frank.

It is an embarrassing look for the band that Axl is OK with it.

• Like 4

Just now, NicDwolfwood said:

Then he should slow it down because he's flying through songs like a car down a slope with no breaks.

I believe it was Axl in that one recentish interview where he talked about how Slash and Duff worked with the rhythm section and intentionally cooked up the tempo of some songs

Frank gets all the shit for it, but it sounds like its a band decision

• Like 2

Just now, SWINGTRADER said:

This show was going to be the deciding factor on whether I bought tickets again to see them in the U.S.  I have decided on not to do it.

I think slash will be crying himself to sleep tonight. Thx for telling us something we dont care about 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tourettes2400 said:

A lot of shows with Frank have been like this since they started this NITLT. It seemed better, but now, not so much.

I guess the difference for me is because I'm at home, drinking water, and not at one of their shows hearing it after 9-10 beers.  I dont watch their clips on periscope or youtube much.  

2 minutes ago, HuskerTornado said:

Why is it during every show people act like they haven't heard Axl sing in 25 years and the fact he isn't able to hit everything like he did when he was a young man is the end of the world?

Are you suggesting that "hitting" maybe 15% of the material is a win?

1 minute ago, SWINGTRADER said:

This show was going to be the deciding factor on whether I bought tickets again to see them in the U.S.  I have decided on not to do it.

I would still see GNR in a heartbeat if any of the dates lines up with my schedule.  They are great tonight