THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

34 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Ole isn't the right man for the job just now but maybe no one else is avalible?

I wan't someone with experience I can see this ending badly

It's an interim thing. I think the club wanted someone who knows the club, someone that is respected by the players and beloved by the fans. And Solskjær is experienced, he managed their youth team for three years and have been a manager since he stopped playing, having had great success in Molde. His stint for Cardiff was a mess, though. 

9 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

A friend of mine described Emery as 'a spanish Alan Partridge' :lol:

Wenger was like Nigel from Yes, Minister. 

Mourniho is basically Mr Bean. Turns up at the wrong ground, somehow signs a 3 year contract thinking he’s signing a parking ticket. Thinks he’s won a raffle so on his morning jog joins the players running in the park. Invents somekind of dice game with the squad list for team selection. Somehow wins the FA Cup playing 10 defenders. After three years he gets found taking all the cakes in the cafeteria home for lunch. Gets sacked and wins 14m in the raffle. 

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Looking at his wikipedia page it seems he won three trophies for a club called Molde. 

That’s where he played before signing for Utd?

He was barely a player for Utd. He was a super sub and even said he learned something about management sitting on the bench. 

35 minutes ago, wasted said:

That’s where he played before signing for Utd?

He was barely a player for Utd. He was a super sub and even said he learned something about management sitting on the bench. 

Yes. In addition to success in Norway, taking a mediocre team to the top and becoming a challenger to Rosenborg, and sinking a burning ship in Cardiff, he has experience from United before where he trained the attackers and managed the reserve team. 

I have no idea if he is up to this task, but it is fun nonetheless. 

6 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Yes. In addition to success in Norway, taking a mediocre team to the top and becoming a challenger to Rosenborg, and sinking a burning ship in Cardiff, he has experience from United before where he trained the attackers and managed the reserve team. 

I think he could be good for Rashford and Martial. To really set up the team in that way. 

But really what’s the difference, if he can just get a solid 11 who are trying for him that’s a start. Also I can finally pick a few utd players for Fantasy. Martial would play a few games, score, them be on the bench. Mata is always in and out. Mata seems like the one creative mid they have. He should be on the ball in the mid pulling the strings. Pogba is better in the inside left channel. 

25 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I think he could be good for Rashford and Martial. To really set up the team in that way. 

But really what’s the difference, if he can just get a solid 11 who are trying for him that’s a start. Also I can finally pick a few utd players for Fantasy. Martial would play a few games, score, them be on the bench. Mata is always in and out. Mata seems like the one creative mid they have. He should be on the ball in the mid pulling the strings. Pogba is better in the inside left channel. 

"You’re 18 yards away from goal and you keep f***ing passing it. Shoot!

"You won’t ever score a goal if you don’t shoot. Finish."

1 minute ago, wasted said:

Good one. I think he did only lose the last part of the season though. 

But away at Cardiff is never really easy. 

I don't think we should have too high hopes of what Solskjær kan achieve now in these 6 remaining months. He takes over a United in shambles. He needs to unite the players, he needs to give them confidence, and he probably won't get much money for new signings. I don't expect any miracles at all. But hopefully the team can start to play better and things can stabilize. The main point here is of course that the witch is dead and that the club now has time to decide on a permanent replacement.