Anyone else feel kinda starved?

gnr is my favorite band ever, and axl is my favorite singer. It really pains me to see that he hasn't put out a studio track in almost ten years. He might be an older man now but I believe he still has a lot left to offer. I'm so starved that I would happily accept a country cover album by GNR with songs like Witcita Lineman and Melissa even if it meant getting no new material. I just wanna hear that crisp Axl voice over Slash's guitars one more time. I would even accept Bucket, Bumble or Finck coming back if it meant we would get more productivity.

anyone else feel starved?

• Like 2

What really pisses me off is the fact that we're seemingly going to spend the rest of our lives and never hear the troves of material from the 20 years pre-reunion. I'd give a limb to get a box set of all CD era material. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

40 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

If the GN’R fanbase was a country, we’d be Ethiopia. 

Had you have said this two years ago I would agree. Right now Axl, Duff and Slash are playing one of the most successful tours of all time. 

New music of this line up is more realistic then waiting for a reunion two years ago. The latter happened as we all know.

Let this tour come to an end then there will be enough time to complain about the non existing music. Who knows what the guys will do after this tour. I'm still optimistic.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

I don't know about "starved" per se, I kind of just take things as it comes when it comes to GNR.  I enjoyed the shows I saw last year, if they come out with something new I am first in line.   But other than that, I am cool either way its just a rock band

4 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Had you have said this two years ago I would agree. Right now Axl, Duff and Slash are playing one of the most successful tours of all time. 

New music of this line up is more realistic then waiting for a reunion two years ago. The latter happened as we all know.

Let this tour come to an end then there will be enough time to complain about the non existing music. Who knows what the guys will do after this tour. I'm still optimistic.

I agree. I just hope Axl keeps himself "alive" and don't disappear for years. 

Hopefully this isn't the end.

Edited by Axeli

8 hours ago, Fashionista said:

but I believe he still has a lot left to offer.

This is the part that's always been the most painful as a fan.

Remember when Axl decided to sing Rod Stewart's "Sailing" like twice or something in 2006 , almost on a whim, and it had these glorious god given magical vocals that at the time seemed effortless. But they didn't record it - or if they did they don't share it. It's a cover FFS and not even an original. But it sounded better than most things i've heard from most bands.

It's moments like that where you realise just how much talent runs in Axl's blood.

I can only hope at some point they put out something new, i know the band doesn't like expectations from fans, but the share waste of ability compared to what might have been is just really hard to stomach. Like if they die without another release - that would just be such a waste...people with those skills come along once in a generation or less...its not that he owes us anything...but its just kinda immoral almost to hide that ability in box...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As someone who spent a large amount of his late teens and early 20s waiting on Chinese Democracy and getting hyped up after every new leak and development (on this very forum, no less), I've honestly given up on this band as an "active" entity aside from tours. If another album comes, great, but I don't expect any new studio recordings until Axl's death, and even then I'm not sure.

Edited by UltraMav
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Megaguns2891 said:

The Current interest in gnr is at levels not matched since 1993.

if they don’t capitalise on this by releasing something they are mad

i heard they are capitalising quite well on this

apparently they even kept a key member or two out of the tour (their names just scape me) in order to capita-fuckin-lise!

• Like 1

When they first got back together I was all excited about the possibility of new music or a new album....I don't think it will happen.

After they finish this tour, they will probably do one more run as a "Farewell" a couple years down the road.

Edited by PsychoKiss344

GN'R were always different than the rest. That's why we love them, no?

I believe in the them. For a musician, creating new music is the essence of his art. (Recording, mixing, etc....is a different story)

If I would be the band manager I would propose them to put the energy now in writing new songs and maybe rediscover the pearls (of music) they have in vault (I'm pretty sure about that one) and make the true fans happy.

We all know that nowadays putting an album out is not anymore the way to make money. But in this case it would make the fans very very happy.

And maybe the young generation will discover what Rock n'Roll really is:   It's a way of life

So, give them some time and have a little (sorry to use that wordplay again ;-) patience.

Greetings to you,  G N'F'R-fans from all over the world!

Rock on.

Chris Whisper

• Like 1