06/03/18 - Berlin, Germany - Olympiastadion

downzy

2 minutes ago, Kittiara said:

I actually don't think Axl sounds too bad. The sound on my stream is just echo-ey. :shrugs:Which I have commented on as well. This is my first ever comment on clothes, I think, since I joined this forum. :lol:

Yes, I am a woman, who's been a GN'R fan since '87. I love (most of) their songs. Doesn't mean I don't think these kinda shirts aren't trashy. Same with some of the art in their $999 box set. And they're middle-aged men now, not the guys who used to live on the streets in the environment they were in. Most have wives/girlfriends. Some have daughters. Be kinda nice if they grew out of that stuff?

Fair point.

But the art in the box set was a must. They were celebrating a moment in time, you can't erase history. It is who they are/were. IF they ever released a UYI box set, there wouldn't be that kind of art.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheFormerSoul said:

Well I guess I’m more interested in the setlist at this point than anything else.  I’m not going to watch it at this point, and I’m not going to rush out to buy tickets for a show anymore.  I’ve already done it and learned my lesson.  

Cool. I'm sure  GNR won't be crying for you not buying a ticket when they have already made millions off of ticket sales. I'm not trying to bust your balls, but to me this is just mind boggling.  I was a fan of Designated Survivor. Great first season. Awful second. I didn't like the direction of the show so I stopped watching it when it came back for the second half of the second season. 

Just now, colonizedmind said:

That was 2nd song haha

No one seemed to mention it and I thought I was in a parallel universe or some shit where they were mixing up the set.. I was wrong 🤷🏻‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Cool. I'm sure  GNR won't be crying for you not buying a ticket when they have already made millions off of ticket sales. I'm not trying to bust your balls, but to me this is just mind boggling.  I was a fan of Designated Survivor. Great first season. Awful second. I didn't like the direction of the show so I stopped watching it when it came back for the second half of the second season. 

I understand.  I suppose it would make sense to just drop the thing entirely.  I invested a lot in the band for a long time. It’s hard to let it go completely (even lurking the forums).  I guess I’m holding on to false expectations.  

Like I said, I’m done investing in them with money for live performances.   I think these tours are just an act of cash grabbing and there is no potential or desire to move forward as a band or musical force.  

Edited by TheFormerSoul
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

Fair point.

But the art in the box set was a must. They were celebrating a moment in time, you can't erase history. It is who they are/were. IF they ever released a UYI box set, there wouldn't be that kind of art.

True about the UYI box set. Would be cool if they released one, as I love the Illusions. Though preferably not at $999. :lol:

Just now, TheFormerSoul said:

I invested a lot in the band for a long time. It’s hard to let it go completely (even lurking the forums).  I guess I’m holding on to false expectations.  

I don't think anyone wants them to suck.. 

• Like 2