06/03/18 - Berlin, Germany - Olympiastadion

downzy

Just now, TheSeeker said:

Axl sings songs he respects well (I Fell Good, all of the AC/DC stuff)

His cover of Slither...was not respectful

That's a good point.  Slash does the same.  When he first started playing CD songs he sounded like shit for the longest time.  Then he got into it, and sounded great by the end.  I do think Axl is trying hard here, to make a nice gesture to his bandmates. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gunner927 said:

Seriously. This happens EVERY TOUR.

How do people still get this worked up over it? He'll be back to normal - at least 2016/17 normal - in 2 weeks.

It always takes him a few shows to get back into it. He still kicks ass on most songs. 

• Like 1

I've had almost no luck with streams tonight but from what I've heard (WTTJ, RQ, TIL) he sounds really bad. Any realistic person should've expected him to sound about the worst he's ever sounded, but until I heard those there was a bit of optimism that he'd sound ok.

I'll check out a video of Slither whenever it gets posted but I just feel sad for Axl on 90% of the other songs now...

1 minute ago, Gunner927 said:

Seriously. This happens EVERY TOUR.

How do people still get this worked up over it? He'll be back to normal - at least 2016/17 normal - in 2 weeks.

I hope so, he sounds even more rough then he did with the start of the Euro tour in 17, he is really avoiding alot of high notes and indeed even avoiding harder songs at the moment (not that is a bad thing per say!)

4 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Axl sings songs he respects well (I Fell Good, all of the AC/DC stuff)

His cover of Slither...was not respectful

hopefully he gets into it as the tour progresses...

I still do not understand why he does not sing it in his Chinese Democracy or It's So Easy voice?

Just now, Tourettes2400 said:

It always takes him a few shows to get back into it. He still kicks ass on most songs. 

I think F*ck Fear said it best a few weeks ago when he said he could only listen to like 5 songs from the Forum 2017 soundboard on a regular basis because Axl was so bad on everything else

He's checked out - it's sad