Cultural/Political/Social Trends & Divergence Thread

downzy

5 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Its a website of some description I know that.  I think it has something to do with anime wankers but I'm not sure offhand.  

Just now, killuridols said:

like the mygnr of geeks and nerds

yeah i just googled that too. I really thought it was a way the 'cool' kids say channel 4.

I need a day off :facepalm::lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

I remember he tells the story from the very beginning, describing his early years as a happy kid and then everything turning dark when his parents got divorced and he had to live in two different homes. Also, his life in those years seem to have been pretty unstable, moving from one place to another, changing schools, having lots of different nannies.... I particularly think that in those formative years, kids need a stable home with stable life, in order to feel safe and protected, not under alert all the time. THis is entirely his parents fault... the way he was raised is the reason why he was the way he was... he didn't seem to have a guidance in life either, someone to talk to.

I'm not sure that he wouldn't have ended up this way if he had gotten laid sooner or kissed a girl. The way he was scared of women and the way he idealized women was very unhealthy and weird. I really don't know where that comes from.... too much mother, maybe? I don't know, but if he had got into a relationship with a female, he would have jumped from virgin to obsessive, possesive, controlling, jealous and that would have affected him even more. His personality is the problem, not the women.

I read the manifesto when it happened, so I don't remember it all that vividly. If I'm not mistaken his parents did send him to a therapist and tried to help him. Of course he is the problem and not the women, but I think it's more than just an unhappy childhood in his case. The entire manifesto is basically about loneliness and sexual frustration that mainly started when he reached puberty. Like I said, even if he had a girlfriend he might have snapped because there was something wrong with him, maybe some type of autism? I don't know. Many people are not getting laid and have a bad childhood but don't end up going on a killing spree.

By the way, I had never heard of 'incels' before either.

Edited by EvanG

4chan is a large online space. Hacker groups ranging from the white-hat Anonymous to the black-hat LulzSec have incestuous roots in 4chan. Even the Alt Right was produced, in part, from political tendencies germinated on 4chan. It's a huge site so it's entirely likely that cool, normal people form this forum post/read on there. But one wouldnt be surprised to find a million Alfred's on there either.

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I read the manifesto when it happened, so I don't remember it all that vividly. If I'm not mistaken his parents did send him to a therapist and tried to help him. Of course he is the problem and not the women, but I think it's more than just an unhappy childhood in his case. The entire manifesto is basically about loneliness and sexual frustration that mainly started when he reached puberty. Like I said, even if he had a girlfriend he might have snapped because there was something wrong with him, maybe some type of autism? I don't know. Many people are not getting laid and have a bad childhood but don't end up going on a killing spree.

By the way, I had never heard of 'incels' before either.

I didn't read it exactly when it happened, I guess it was two years later but that part of his early childhood got stuck with me. He says that his parents divorce was a turning point in his life, indeed.

All of his writing reminds me of characters in book, like Holden Caulfield (from CITR) in the way he refers to other people, that way of putting everybody down but him and there's a bit of Kafka when he talks of his father. Kafka was some kind of Incel too, lol, but he turned out a writing genious instead of a loser criminal.

Um, I don't remember him saying he was autistic, but he looks and sounds to me very narcissistic. I think he's got a narcissistic personality disorder.

Yeah, I know not everybody goes criminal but these criminal personalities get formed/shaped somewhere in the early childhood. Pick any criminal person and investigate them, you'll see how all of their shit begins in the formative years, that's why children need to be taken care of so much. You fuck up a child and you will get a problematic person in the future. It is not business fucking up children, they will be back to destroy you.

6 minutes ago, soon said:

But one wouldnt be surprised to find a million Alfred's on there either.

:lol:

I guess he posts there, lol. He seems the type of an Incel as well :P

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I didn't read it exactly when it happened, I guess it was two years later but that part of his early childhood got stuck with me. He says that his parents divorce was a turning point in his life, indeed.

All of his writing reminds me of characters in book, like Holden Caulfield (from CITR) in the way he refers to other people, that way of putting everybody down but him and there's a bit of Kafka when he talks of his father. Kafka was some kind of Incel too, lol, but he turned out a writing genious instead of a loser criminal.

Um, I don't remember him saying he was autistic, but he looks and sounds to me very narcissistic. I think he's got a narcissistic personality disorder.

Yeah, I know not everybody goes criminal but these criminal personalities get formed/shaped somewhere in the early childhood. Pick any criminal person and investigate them, you'll see how all of their shit begins in the formative years, that's why children need to be taken care of so much. You fuck up a child and you will get a problematic person in the future. It is not business fucking up children, they will be back to destroy you.

I don't think he was diagnosed, but it's obvious that he had some kind of a disorder. His sister had the same childhood and didn't end up like him. He had a very warped view on the world and himself. I'm sure an unhappy childhood didn't benefit his well being, it never does obviously, but there was a lot more to it than that, I think.

Edited by EvanG

1 minute ago, EvanG said:

I don't think he was diagnosed, but it's obvious that he had some kind of a disorder. His sister had the same childhood and didn't end up like him. He had a very warped view on the world and himself. I'm sure an unhappy childhood didn't benefit his well being, but there was a lot more to it than that, I think.

Who knows what his sister is going to end up, huh? And after having the brother killing himself and killing others, geez, that must fuck up your life in some way too! :blink:

I think this is the combination of a personality disorder and bad raising. His description of events was so detailed it baffles me how he could remember every year of his life until 22 so vividly, because I cant do that with myself!

He was clearly different and I think he had some talent for writing, too bad that he focused too much on the bad side of everything-

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Who knows what his sister is going to end up, huh? And after having the brother killing himself and killing others, geez, that must fuck up your life in some way too! :blink:

I think this is the combination of a personality disorder and bad raising. His description of events was so detailed it baffles me how he could remember every year of his life until 22 so vividly, because I cant do that with myself!

He was clearly different and I think he had some talent for writing, too bad that he focused too much on the bad side of everything-

I agree. I remember reading it really quickly, so he definitely had some talent. Too bad he was crazy, he could have done something with it.

And yes, it's weird he remembered so much... I hardly remember what I did yesterday.... but I blame alcohol for that!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I like Herman's Hermits, too. On that topic, do they have other songs than that 'No Milk Today'?

No, that was the one song they made, they later died in a plane crash that was discovered later to be a suicide pact that was discovered later to be a hoax, when they were later discovered in Jamaica in disguise, blacked up in a Calypso band called Sam and the Sambos.  

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

That's your opinion and its highly subjective.

I dont like that you change your avatar every waking hour but who cares, that's what you like :shrugs:

I think there’s been a gradual degrading of western literature in general and I’m a bit snotty about these things so you’ll have to excuse me in general on this topic but in this specific case I’m right and you’re wrong, and the sooner I have that in writing, in triplicated, attested by a notary public the better for all concerned, thank you for your time.

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I think there’s been a gradual degrading of western literature in general and I’m a bit snotty about these things so you’ll have to excuse me in general on this topic but in this specific case I’m right and you’re wrong, and the sooner I have that in writing, in triplicated, attested by a notary public the better for all concerned, thank you for your time.

Language is a live organism so it is subject to change and it will always be changing, like most communication means, ways, words, etc. so I am sorry for you man.

You are free to like whatever you want, though.

14 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Language is a live organism so it is subject to change and it will always be changing, like most communication means, ways, words, etc. so I am sorry for you man.

You are free to like whatever you want, though.

Joking aside, i dont mind language changing, in fact I expect and invite it, I’m talking about the quality of writing in general.  As a small example, you ever read that book Twilight?  Or even a little piece of it?  And shes a best selling author.    

I get that these things are subjective and a piece of writing is as good as the emotions it can evoke from a person but at the same time I think its important to try and reach for what is a little elevated in people otherwise this on-going cultural degrading will leave you with authors like JK Rowling, cultural icons like Kim and Kanye, leaders like Donald Trump and Boris Johnson and music like Ed Sheeran.  

Edited by Len Cnut

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Joking aside, i dont mind language changing, in fact I expect and invite it, I’m talking about the quality of writing in general.  As a small example, you ever read that book Twilight?  Or even a little piece of it?  And shes a best selling author.    

I get that these things are subjective and a piece of writing is as good as the emotions it can evoke from a person but at the same time I think its important to try and reach for what is a little elevated in people otherwise this on-going cultural degrading will leave you with authors like JK Rowling, artists like Banksy, leaders like Donald Trump and Boris Johnson and music like Ed Sheeran.  

I never read Twilight.

And I know what you mean but I don't see how reading the 141 pages of a lunatic kid manifesto and liking what he wrote means that I don't appreciate the Hemingways, Borges, Cortazar, Dostoievsky, Kafkas, etc..... :shrugs:

In general, Im not a consumer of fiction, my shelves are full of theoric european stuff and I have some northamerican authors too. I think it is possible that many types of literature can co-exist in your shelves if you allow that in first place. Reading a lot of the "popular" stuff is not good but neither can be to reject everything that is not "elevated".

12 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I never read Twilight.

And I know what you mean but I don't see how reading the 141 pages of a lunatic kid manifesto and liking what he wrote means that I don't appreciate the Hemingways, Borges, Cortazar, Dostoievsky, Kafkas, etc..... :shrugs:

In general, Im not a consumer of fiction, my shelves are full of theoric european stuff and I have some northamerican authors too. I think it is possible that many types of literature can co-exist in your shelves if you allow that in first place. Reading a lot of the "popular" stuff is not good but neither can be to reject everything that is not "elevated".

I weren’t sayin liking his stuff meant you did appreciate good literature :lol:  Sorry, perhaps I said some of that wrong.  

7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Patti Smith is a snob for reading southamerican crap :rolleyes:

I should REALLY like Patti Smith.  Being as how like, my musical...whats the word I'm looking for here?  Grounding perhaps, my musical grounding was in punk and all the various little grooves and scratches that led to punk but I always found her terribly pretentious.  And I don't actually mind pretentiousness but she was just very dull with it.  I feel like she wanted to be something of a time that wasn't hers.  Not that she wasn't different in her own little way but suffice to say she never really spoke to me.  And I tried, believe me.  She always struck me as someone who really picked her company well.  Tom Verlaine, Richard Hell, William S Burroughs, Bob Dylan etc

I remember reading a book called The Killer by Patricia Melo years ago, thats about as good as I have on South American literature :lol: 

Edited by Len Cnut

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I should REALLY like Patti Smith.  Being as how like, my musical...whats the word I'm looking for here?  Grounding perhaps, my musical grounding was in punk and all the various little grooves and scratches that led to punk but I always found her terribly pretentious.  And I don't actually mind pretentiousness but she was just very dull with it.  I feel like she wanted to be something of a time that wasn't hers.  Not that she wasn't different in her own little way but suffice to say she never really spoke to me.  And I tried, believe me.  She always struck me as someone who really picked her company well.  Tom Verlaine, Richard Hell, William S Burroughs, Bob Dylan etc

Maybe she is better now.

I'm not a big fan but I appreciate some of her stuff. I like what she posts on her Instagram, lol.... :lol: