Genuine Emotional/Religious Responses to new GNR Release

I cant be the onlyguy or gal here who genuinely feels extremely moved that this is really happening. A brand new release from Axl N Slash.

Im a HUGE CD guy n was hesitant bout reunion tho was cool to see Axe man n Slash again.

N yes this isn't brand new album this is extremely cool.'Im most sure its a new recording of Shadow.. First recording under the GNR name for Axl n Slash since 94.

Hits me hard. And Incredible. GNR is my religion n this release has reinforced that.

Edited by tim10101

I think it is really cool they are releasing old demos and a remastered AFD. And releasing Shadow of Your Love as a single is nice as well. But any emotional response beyond that I will hold onto until they actually do something that requires a real effort, like going in the studio and create something new and not just lazily release old material they have already recorded. 

• Like 4

I'm curious about the actual playlist but overall I don't care about any releases except when it's new music.

This is cool for a band to do in between releasing new albums... something extra for the fans who care about demos and alternate recordings and shit like that. 

But in GnR world this is probably going to serve as a reason not to release new music for another decade or two, and to cash in even more without releasing new music obviously.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, tim10101 said:

'Im most sure its a new recording of Shadow.. First recording under the GNR name for Axl n Slash since 94.

As I posted in the other thread if they rerecorded any song specifically for this it would've been advertised in the video as it would be huge news. Just goes to show some people are so quick to jump to conclusions even if they don't make any sense

• GNFNR 1

All artists release box sets. I don't expect GN'R to be the exception. And I'm glad they are releasing all these stuff while Axl is still alive. I find it kinda morbid when someone dies. Then some unheard songs or demos are released.

I'm not planning to buy it. If there are some CDII songs or a new song with Axl, Slash and Duff. I know I will find them in youtube at some point. I don't care about some vynil albums, merch or coins.

I genuinely read all your responses n thankyou for contributing :) I Guess im the only one who literally broke down readin that a new Guns N Roses Single by Axl N Slash was being released tomorrow. First in 24 years......

8 minutes ago, tim10101 said:

I genuinely read all your responses n thankyou for contributing :) I Guess im the only one who literally broke down readin that a new Guns N Roses Single by Axl N Slash was being released tomorrow. First in 24 years......

Im starting to think you never heard 'Shadow...' before and that's why you're so excited, otherwise, can't be hit so hard by something that is already available out there.

Its cool, I'm happy with the boxset as it is something I've been wanting for a while. Its cool to have all this stuff officialy released and in excelent quality over a handful of bootlegs with shitty sound quality. 

I just hope they release a simpler vinyl package as I really dont care for the memorablia. 

2 minutes ago, tim10101 said:

Oh ive owned n bought Shadow don't you worry :) This is a new version entirely tho. N no im not trolling

Ok. how do you know this?

Entirely new? Who's played it? Vocals are new too? When was it re-recorded?

Dude im not starting an argument ok. :) Im simply saying from what ive heard from the last few decades its new. Maybe im wrong. Either way technically its a new GNR song for the masses n im happy for that :)

28 minutes ago, tim10101 said:

Dude im not starting an argument ok. :) Im simply saying from what ive heard from the last few decades its new. Maybe im wrong. Either way technically its a new GNR song for the masses n im happy for that :)

Yeah, just cause we've heard it for 20+ years does that mean 95% of the casual fans have heard it? And it makes sense to promote Appetite with something from that era. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dazey said:

The only way I’m giving a shit about this is if it includes finished and completely unheard of songs. Couldn’t give a shit about demos of songs we’ve all heard on bootleg for years. AFD lineup reunion and new/unreleased/unheard music or I’m keeping my money. 

This

49 minutes ago, tim10101 said:

Oh ive owned n bought Shadow don't you worry :) This is a new version entirely tho. N no im not trolling

Really bc the consensus is that it’s clealy not 

22 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

This

Really bc the consensus is that it’s clealy not 

On a forum where hardcore fans have heard it for 20+ years. But the vast majority don't have any idea about this song. And it's technically a new release.

• Like 1

Ive been excited to listen to the SOYL clip and look forward to anything along those lines on the release.  The box set (to the degree I understand what to expect of it) as a whole doesnt excite me to any extreme though.  Im not a memorabilia person for one thing.  Im sure if I came by a pro mix and mastered live show on vinyl Id enjoy it, but the thought of it doesnt get me excited to the tune of $600 or whatever.

Maybe GNR have successfully conditioned me to love the anticipation and speculative discussions more then the actual product, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1