so do steven and izzy have a financial stake

7 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I am all behind Izzy in this situation, but you seriously need to open your eyes and understand that the only thing stopping AFD5 reunion from happening was HIM!

I mean - he has joined Axl and nuGNR on multiple occasions throughout the years and he couldn't swallow his pride for one-off performance like Adler and satisfy all the fans.

Looking at the bigger picture, in all honesty - AFD5 reunion was never bound to happen in a long term due to Steven's injury. 

How hard could have it been to be on the stage for 10 minutes (My Michelle - Out Ta Get Me)?!?!

So there you go... It's all crystal clear that Izzy precluded it from happening!

The one knock I have on Izzy in this whole thing. They could have done the Troubadour gig and there was no money on the line for it. $10 tickets in a tiny venue. None of the members made any real money on that gig. 

16 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I am all behind Izzy in this situation, but you seriously need to open your eyes and understand that the only thing stopping AFD5 reunion from happening was HIM!

I mean - he has joined Axl and nuGNR on multiple occasions throughout the years and he couldn't swallow his pride for one-off performance like Adler and satisfy all the fans.

Looking at the bigger picture, in all honesty - AFD5 reunion was never bound to happen in a long term due to Steven's injury. 

How hard could have it been to be on the stage for 10 minutes (My Michelle - Out Ta Get Me)?!?!

So there you go... It's all crystal clear that Izzy precluded it from happening!

Why should he accept being reduced to a walk-on guest spot in the band he founded?   What he did with Nu-GnR is irrelevant. It's totally different situation.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

The one knock I have on Izzy in this whole thing. They could have done the Troubadour gig and there was no money on the line for it. $10 tickets in a tiny venue. None of the members made any real money on that gig. 

I'm not really sure that was possible because Steven was injured at the time. Was he even at the concert? In the backstage at Troubadour?

But I agree... If anything the AFD5 should have reunited for a one-time performance at Troubadour.

2 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I'm not really sure that was possible because Steven was injured at the time. Was he even at the concert? In the backstage at Troubadour?

But I agree... If anything the AFD5 should have reunited for a one-time performance at Troubadour.

The injury must not have been too big of a deal. He played a show with his Adler band not too long after the GN'R gig at the Troubadour. Maybe a week or two later? Can't remember exactly. But I think if the others were on board, he would have done everything in his power to play that gig. 

6 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Or maybe Izzy felt Axl couldn’t properly set aside his “touring band” for a few songs to let the original lineup have their moment. And knowing Axl has no plans post tour to record with this lineup and is simply out making the money rounds but couldn’t be bothered to talk and find a financially acceptable way to make it work. 

If Axl can go out and make the money then we shouldn’t knock Izzy for not showing up due to money. 

Sorry I meant absolutely Izzy and Adler have rights to royalties and money made of AFD.

i was answering the title question not the post in the thread question. The title ask if Izzy and Steven have financial rights 

So you must have missed Axl's intwrview where he said he's shown some songs to Slash and Duff and it is up to them if they record with him. 

10 hours ago, donny said:

if you read steves book(very good read by the way) when he was smacked up and didnt know what planet he was on they or one person made him sign all of his rights away to AFD. thankfully this has now been overturned in court(many years ago) so he now gets his royalties like the other 4..........and so he should 

izzy ? i dont give a shit anymore. i was once a big fan but he put a stop to AFD 5 reunion though greed. lost all respect 

Yes, Steven said that but it wasn't really what the court was about, as he had never lost his songwriting royalties.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/219971-the-adler-vs-gnr-lawsuit-newspaper-reports-and-quotes/

10 hours ago, donny said:

izzy was a massive part on AFD not from playing but from writing or part writing the classics and putting them together while the others probably sat drunk in the corner. i respect him for that, i really do. but the way things turned out slash became the mega star, the household name. you ask any random on the street that does not like rock and they will tell you who slash is. try asking them who izzy is and they have never heard of him. its a very bitter pill for izzy to swallow but thats life. thats how it is. AFD5 could not happen because izzy wanted mega star money and thats that. the other 4 shown up together more than once. 

Wow, you really don’t know much about our ol GN’R, right?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, LikeADog93 said:

I don't blame Izzy at all for not taking part in the reunion. Him holding out was not greedy, it was standing up for what's right. He was a major creative force in the band and he deserves as big of a piece of the pie as Axl, Slash, and Duff are getting. If anybody in this situation is greedy and to blame for not getting the Appetite 5 together, it's Axl.

This again? Aside from "because I want him there" there's no reasonable way to determine Izzy deserves as much as Axl/Slash/Duff. He already got his money when he wanted to be bought out of the band.

8 hours ago, bigpoop said:

Why should he accept being reduced to a walk-on guest spot in the band he founded?   What he did with Nu-GnR is irrelevant. It's totally different situation.

Because he left the band he founded 30 years ago and had nothing to do with managing it since. So little guest spots are fine when it suits him but not when he wants more?

1 hour ago, tremolo said:

I doubt he wants mega star money. He wants a fair share.

If the tickets are so overpriced, of course in numbers it will look like mega star money, but that’s not what it is about. It is percentages.

If tickets sold for a fraction of the price and an equal share meant each one is getting 30 grand (which is NOT mega star money), Izzy would most likely go for it.

It’s not a matter of how famous each one of them are either.

The three guys who own the band and managed the band for 30 years are getting a higher percentage of the tour they put the work into making happen than the guy who quit the band 30 years ago and had nothing to do with any of it since would have gotten.  Does that really sound unreasonable?

Edited by Modano09

3 hours ago, Modano09 said:

The three guys who own the band and managed the band for 30 years are getting a higher percentage of the tour they put the work into making happen than the guy who quit the band 30 years ago and had nothing to do with any of it since would have gotten.  Does that really sound unreasonable?

Okay but the situation was unacceptable to him so he didn't take part. What's wrong with that? People are knocking him for not putting aside his concerns for one show. Why should he? 

19 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

Okay but the situation was unacceptable to him so he didn't take part. What's wrong with that? People are knocking him for not putting aside his concerns for one show. Why should he? 

I don't have a problem with him skipping out on it, but when people get into the blame game and blame Axl/Slash/Duff for it, I "blame" Izzy. 

There's a mantra that's been repeated in this forum over and over again. I never thought I would do this, but I'm going to use it now:

They don't owe us anything. 

Above all -this tour is about money.

If all the members of classic lineup truly wanted the AFD5 to happen, it would've happened, they would've reached an agreement, a compromise, whatever. 

Since we still don't know all the details, blaming one side (no matter which one) is pointless. We don't know who was being unreasonable and who was not. And what is unreasonable?   Who get's to decide that? It's all subjective. I have my guess about what happened, but I am biased, someone else might have another point of view.  

Even though I was pissed off/disappointed because of this before, I've excepted the reality of the situation and the fact that there's nothing I can do to change it. 

Edited by Fourteenbeers

18 hours ago, donny said:

thats all good but at the end of day where is Izzy. its 2018 where is he ????? money money money 

We don't know what happened behind the scenes so it would be foolish to just assume

46 minutes ago, tremolo said:

I understand it’s a business, there are shares, ownership and a bunch of contracts and legal documents that I couldn’t care less for.

So let’s stop fooling ourselves. This new era for GNR is very corporate-y and couldn’t be further away from the nostalgic image they are trying to sell.

Wut?

So they're trying to sell the nostalgic image, yet they don't want Izzy? 

5 minutes ago, tremolo said:

They want him, but they don’t think he’s worth that much, and considering how successful the NITL tour has been, they don’t really need him to sell nostalgia.

Not for the first couple of legs, but if they wanna spice things up they might need him in the future.