Listening to instrumental edits of Chinese Democracy songs gives them a whole new perspective

13 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Axl is credited for the arrangements and digital editing for all tracks.

He owns the brand and was paying salary, he could very well say he did everything himself. 

Of course we dont know the extent of Axls abilities, but I dont buy even for second that he is a great composer. The instrumentals are amazing indeed, but I dont think Axl is responsible. 

Wow, how funny that this comes up today. I played Better last night while some friends we over and a friend remarked that it sounded like so much was buried in the mix. I said oh you have no idea and promptly played 3 or 4 instrumental cuts from the album. He was amazed by how much is buried in the mix with these songs.

• Like 1

To be honest with you the whole piano thing in This I Love and Prostitute is genius, the guitars not so much, very basic... Slash would have written much better riffs for those songs and would have transformed those songs into something of GNR level.

The guitars on Madagascar are awesome and very solid though... the song is ruined by the way Axl sings it and the voice overs sound effects during the solo.

Edited by Propaganda

4 hours ago, Propaganda said:

To be honest with you the whole piano thing in This I Love and Prostitute is genius, the guitars not so much, very basic... Slash would have written much better riffs for those songs and would have transformed those songs into something of GNR level.

The guitars on Madagascar are awesome and very solid though... the song is ruined by the way Axl sings it and the voice overs sound effects during the solo.

More proof that his recording voice is done as well.

1 hour ago, SWINGTRADER said:

More proof that his recording voice is done as well.

The vocals were recorded in the late 90s.  Sean Beaven confirmed that they were the vocals he recorded.

This isnt proof of anything, and there was nothing wrong with Axl's singing on CD.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

The vocals were recorded in the late 90s.  Sean Beaven confirmed that they were the vocals he recorded.

This isnt proof of anything, and there was nothing wrong with Axl's singing on CD.

His voice sucked when he returned in 2001, so it makes sense that his voice began to suck in the late 90's. His vocals on CD are very bad.

1 hour ago, SWINGTRADER said:

His voice sucked when he returned in 2001, so it makes sense that his voice began to suck in the late 90's. His vocals on CD are very bad.

His “Return” era vocals are very good ... it’s a different singing style and it worked very well albiet Axl’s unusual at times “weak” performances ... As for CD his vocals on that album are at times beyond anything prior in the catalogue 

6 hours ago, SWINGTRADER said:

His voice sucked when he recorded the vocals, but his voice changed again in 2006, and went back almost to his Appetite for Destruction days.

He should have re-recorded his vocals on CD.