Ain't it funny how time slips away

action

Born in the early '80s, the '80s - '90s were my childhood. Cool ass animation series like "the thundercats", "teddy ruxpin", "gummy bears", the wizard of oz; great music like guns n roses, nirvana, michael jackson, video game systems like the super nintendo / nintendo 64 and kick ass action movies starring sylvester stallone and arnold schwarzenegger.

In a timespan of, say, 15 years, so much awesomness happened. The next 20 years, 2000 to now, are forgettable and moved so damn fast. really, where has time gone?

Is time going faster as time goes by? they say the universe is made up of a 4D space-time spectrum. time and space is linked. The faster you move, the faster time goes by. If you move with the speed of light, time will "appear" to stop for yourself, but to an observer millions of years have passed. But here comes the funny part: they say the universe is expanding at an increasing rate. since time and space are linked, and space is expanding faster and faster.....does this mean time goes faster and faster too? I can't be the only one that experiences time to go by faster than before? What is an hour these days? in the past, an hour lasted for like forever, but now an hour is over in the blink of an eye. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother getting out of bed, since the day seem to last only 5 minutes or something.

Edited by action

I agree with @estrangedtwat. We look fondly on the 80s and 90s, particularly in regard to popular culture such as music and TV because there was much less choice than there is today. Very few people get as famous as MJ was because there is so much other entertainment on offer now.

As we age, our responsibilities expand. We have to hold down jobs and raise families. That reduces the time we have to devote to discovering new music/hobbies. I certainly am always seeking entertainment that fits in my life, such as listening to podcasts and reading in quiet moments.

On 6 June 2018 at 4:02 PM, action said:

Born in the early '80s, the '80s - '90s were my childhood. Cool ass animation series like "the thundercats", "teddy ruxpin", "gummy bears", the wizard of oz; great music like guns n roses, nirvana, michael jackson, video game systems like the super nintendo / nintendo 64 and kick ass action movies starring sylvester stallone and arnold schwarzenegger.

In a timespan of, say, 15 years, so much awesomness happened. The next 20 years, 2000 to now, are forgettable and moved so damn fast. really, where has time gone?

Is time going faster as time goes by? they say the universe is made up of a 4D space-time spectrum. time and space is linked. The faster you move, the faster time goes by. If you move with the speed of light, time will "appear" to stop for yourself, but to an observer millions of years have passed. But here comes the funny part: they say the universe is expanding at an increasing rate. since time and space are linked, and space is expanding faster and faster.....does this mean time goes faster and faster too? I can't be the only one that experiences time to go by faster than before? What is an hour these days? in the past, an hour lasted for like forever, but now an hour is over in the blink of an eye. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother getting out of bed, since the day seem to last only 5 minutes or something.

McDonald's have this Sausage and Scrambled egg McMuffin that gets me out the door at 7am. 

I think you just get busy. But I've found if you can get off social media and entertainment and just get really, really bored then it slows down and you almost feel alive. 

• Like 1