"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

2 minutes ago, Amir said:

Was looking at the setlists for the NY acoustic shows in 2010 and saw that Sorry was played at both of them! Did no audio or video of this ever leak? What a shame.

No, there was just the few pro-shot Rose Bar songs and some clips from other shows, only a few phone videos of full songs. Pretty sure we've never got a recording of Sorry acoustic.

Haven't checked since the youtube purge a few years ago but there was a really cool version of My Michelle from one of those shows.

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

No, there was just the few pro-shot Rose Bar songs and some clips from other shows, only a few phone videos of full songs. Pretty sure we've never got a recording of Sorry acoustic.

Haven't checked since the youtube purge a few years ago but there was a really cool version of My Michelle from one of those shows.

Ah well :(

IRS was on the setlist for L'ARC but we got YCBM instead. Is that the only time YCBM was ever played acoustically? Man, an acoustic IRS would have been a trip to hear.

m0zAplA.jpg

EDIT: Looks like YCBM was also played at the Hiro Ballroom acoustic show in 2012... along with Civil War???!! Can't seem to find any recordings on YouTube again :( 

Edited by Amir

Looks like IRS was played acoustic at the Cuckoo Club show in 2006, but again, no audio or video :/ 

Would be nice if they added an acoustic mini-set again at their concerts à la the Skin N' Bones tour.

Ended up down something of a Wikipedia rabbit hole and found a list of all songs banned from being played on BBC radio. It turns out Absurd isn't on there, despite its lyrical content.

Do they have a request show we can phone into? 😂

(Edit: One In A Million isn't banned either. There are some pretty weird/unnecessary ones on the list though)

Edited by DoMw94
  • Wow 1

Anyone still happen to have a link the "Tonto - Electric Mix" that used to be on Fortus' website and YouTube? The links from here are dead, curious if it has any similarities to the leaked GNR track. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Amir said:

Anyone still happen to have a link the "Tonto - Electric Mix" that used to be on Fortus' website and YouTube? The links from here are dead, curious if it has any similarities to the leaked GNR track. 

As far as I remember, no similarities at all, completely different tracks. I might still have the old Fortus file somewhere, I'll check tomorrow and send you if I can find it.

• Thanks 1

Something I always think about and wish we could have but know we never will because they dont exist, are good audio quality bootlegs of all of the classic rock songs GnR covered back in the club days. The biggest one for me is American Band because the poor audio one I heard years ago made me so excited thinking about how it actually sounded 

1 hour ago, Spike Killer said:

Is Bottleneck Gallery teasing a Guns N" Roses, Iron Maiden, or someone else poster for sale?

The main skull vibes Iron maiden for some reason, but the little red swimmer skulls looks GNR.

It's obviously GNR? There's guns, roses and the skulls from the AFD monster, and the banner says welcome to the jungle...

• ABSUЯD 1

8 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It's obviously GNR? There's guns, roses and the skulls from the AFD monster, and the banner says welcome to the jungle...

Oh.  I'm blind then.  I didn't see that at all.  I thought it might be the start of Wellington....

Thank you.  Looking forward to maybe snagging a copy tomorrow.

Edited by Spike Killer
Clarity
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

LOL

Very true, very true.

GNR_2_Foil_1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1691440241

I stand by my comment that the skull design is a tad funky but overall it's quite nice.

https://bottleneckgallery.com/blogs/news/guns-n-roses-by-arian-buhler-on-sale-info

If interested, I recommend having the website open / account created and logged in / ready to check out right when it goes on sale.

Wait wait wait.

The skull is supposed to be like the infamous Axl Rose pose in the Welcome to the Jungle video.  I see it now.

Edited by Spike Killer
I see the WTTJ video reference
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spike Killer said:

Very true, very true.

GNR_2_Foil_1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1691440241

I stand by my comment that the skull design is a tad funky but overall it's quite nice.

https://bottleneckgallery.com/blogs/news/guns-n-roses-by-arian-buhler-on-sale-info

If interested, I recommend having the website open / account created and logged in / ready to check out right when it goes on sale.

Yo this poster is actually really sweet

• Like 1

Axl has been sued for another "mic tossing incident". This time, a person claims that they were injured at the show in Hershey in 2021:

Thomas P. Birris and Darren M. Newberry of Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin have entered appearances for Gundam Touring Services US, rock band Guns N’ Roses and lead singer Axl Rose in a personal injury lawsuit. The case, filed June 22 in Pennsylvania Western District Court by Edgar Snyder & Associates, arises from an incident at the band’s 2021 concert at Hershey Park stadium. The suit claims that the plaintiff was injured when Rose negligently and recklessly threw a microphone into the crowd. The case, assigned to U.S. District Judge Mark R. Hornak, is 2:23-cv-01171, Brown v. Rose et al.

https://www.law.com/thelegalintelligencer/2023/08/08/axl-rose-guns-n-roses-hire-marshall-dennehey-to-defend-against-suit-over-recklessly-thrown-microphone/?

• Wow 1

17 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Axl has been sued for another "mic tossing incident". This time, a person claims that they were injured at the show in Hershey in 2021:

Thomas P. Birris and Darren M. Newberry of Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin have entered appearances for Gundam Touring Services US, rock band Guns N’ Roses and lead singer Axl Rose in a personal injury lawsuit. The case, filed June 22 in Pennsylvania Western District Court by Edgar Snyder & Associates, arises from an incident at the band’s 2021 concert at Hershey Park stadium. The suit claims that the plaintiff was injured when Rose negligently and recklessly threw a microphone into the crowd. The case, assigned to U.S. District Judge Mark R. Hornak, is 2:23-cv-01171, Brown v. Rose et al.

https://www.law.com/thelegalintelligencer/2023/08/08/axl-rose-guns-n-roses-hire-marshall-dennehey-to-defend-against-suit-over-recklessly-thrown-microphone/?

Wow ! 2021 and now is 2023..

• Like 2

Has this been shared here before? Article from November about photographer who got to hang out with Axl and the band (and Sebastian Bach) at their hotel after the Adelaide 2007 show: https://archive.li/weypU

0d39af06f17d1904e050ab30f5a55664ad3d8b46

877722ecd7a619725c21835861efc67dbd8a2ba1

It was just like going to a mate’s place for a few drinks. I was certainly made to feel welcome. He talked about how he loves wallabies. 
He said you can buy them in the States and he has owned a few of them as pets. I suggested he get a kangaroo but he said they were just too big. 

He was also discussing wombats and seemed to like all Australian animals.

• Like 3