"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

40 minutes ago, Amir said:

Flew into ATL last night, border official asked me what I was here for. Mentioned the Slash gig, he said, “No kidding, is he still in Guns N’ Roses? They’re one of my favourite bands!” I know the NITL tour grossed half a billion dollars but it’s amazing how many people still don’t know about the reunion, and I put that down to the lack of any sort of group interviews or promo.

One of his favourites yet he doesn't know if one of the big three is in the band or not.

It's been a decade, dammit 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Amir said:

Flew into ATL last night, border official asked me what I was here for. Mentioned the Slash gig, he said, “No kidding, is he still in Guns N’ Roses? They’re one of my favourite bands!” I know the NITL tour grossed half a billion dollars but it’s amazing how many people still don’t know about the reunion, and I put that down to the lack of any sort of group interviews or promo.

You should say "yeah, and he calls himself now as 'Ash'® ".

• Haha 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

• 2 weeks later...

My God, MYGNR Forum seems to be in a rut slump lately. 😵‍💫 In SIX days, only about FIVE threads got  replied to on the Guns N'Roses Discussion Subsection 😵‍💫 Yikes! 😱😳 Just last month, about 10 threads were getting replied to a day. I don't know why activity has went downhill this week.  😵‍💫

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/8/2024 at 8:41 AM, DoMw94 said:

One of his favourites yet he doesn't know if one of the big three is in the band or not.

It's been a decade, dammit 🤦‍♂️

I mean not everybody follows a band to the point they spend all this time posting on message boards.

To some people they might have been to a couple concerts in their lives and only own a handful of albums but they like the songs when they hear them on the radio or at a sports game and because of that it's their favorite band 

On 9/18/2024 at 3:25 AM, Bitchisback said:

I mean not everybody follows a band to the point they spend all this time posting on message boards.

To some people they might have been to a couple concerts in their lives and only own a handful of albums but they like the songs when they hear them on the radio or at a sports game and because of that it's their favorite band 

Nah. You don't need to "spend all this time on message boards" to know one of the most famous guitarists of all time is back in one of the biggest bands of its generation, especially if they're one of your "favourites".

A casual listener, maybe (although even in that case not knowing he left in the first place is more likely), but not someone who claims the band is one of their "favourites". 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Nah. You don't need to "spend all this time on message boards" to know one of the most famous guitarists of all time is back in one of the biggest bands of its generation, especially if they're one of your "favourites".

A casual listener, maybe (although even in that case not knowing he left in the first place is more likely), but not someone who claims the band is one of their "favourites". 

Maybe he's just a Poser? 🤣🤭💡🤔 A guy said that he wanted to impress his love interest who was a HUGE Star Wars Fan, and he WASN'T a HUGE Star Wars Fan, so he told her something like,"I love Star Wars! The Dark Invader is my favorite Villain!" 🤣 His love interest knew he was a Poser because he didn't even fully KNOW Darth Vader's name, the Dark Invader indeed! 🤣 As I write this post, it DID occur to me that technically, Darth Vader IS a Dark Invader , although that is NOT his name! 🤔💡🤣

On 9/18/2024 at 11:13 PM, DoMw94 said:

The guy didn't ask if Slash was back in the band, he asked if he was still in the band. A lot of people thought the reunion wouldn't last long and it's a sensible question to wonder if he left the band again given their history. Especially since Slash has done solo tours and albums 

1 hour ago, Bitchisback said:

The guy didn't ask if Slash was back in the band, he asked if he was still in the band. A lot of people thought the reunion wouldn't last long and it's a sensible question to wonder if he left the band again given their history. Especially since Slash has done solo tours and albums 

Splitting hairs. It was a fair assumption on my part