Marvel fatigue anyone

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Both the writer and the director have now walked away. Wouldn’t be shocked if this whole movie gets canceled and they really do pivot towards Doom, as reports are suggesting.

It seems like it's going this way. Wonder how they'll manage to write off Kang and his infinite amount of variants.

"Have you heard of that terrible car carsh that killed all of the kang variants, the eternals and emilia clarke's character all at once?"

"Wow so sad... I heard She Hulk was in that too. What a tragedy" :lol:

Edited by Cosmo
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cosmo said:

It seems like it's going this way. Wonder how they'll manage to write off Kang and his infinite amount of variants.

"Have you heard of that terrible car carsh that killed all of the kang variants, the eternals and emilia clarke's character all at once?"

"Wow so sad... I heard She Hulk was in that too. What a tragedy" :lol:

The ending of Loki season 2 kinda wraps up the Kang narrative anyways (unless I misinterpreted it).

Edited by rocknroll41

28 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

The ending of Loki season 2 kinda wraps up the Kang narrative anyways (unless I misinterpreted it).

I mean... it does prevent Kang from destroying branch timelines, but it doesn't really prevent existing Kangs from taking over those timelines, etc..  (unless I also misinterpreted it)

16 minutes ago, downzy said:

Hey, I really enjoyed She Hulk!  

It wasn’t that bad. The finale was all over the place but the season was pretty ok. But I know the general public didn’t like it, though. Marvel would probably put her in that car for that 😂

Edited by Cosmo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I like Deadpool, but I don't know what it could do that the other ones didn't. Comedy sequels are tough. I'll see the third one if reviews are good.

Wolverine is actually the secondary lead of the film, and the plot involves Disney buying Fox, so it’ll be very different from the previous two Deadpool films actually.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm actually excited for Echo. 

Haven't watched What If Season 2. Season 1 was so bad, I don't feel like giving this a chance. Especially after reading the episode titles.

EDIT: Echo was a let down. Kingpin was really cool throughout, the Daredevil cameo was really cool but the show itself was mostly BS, IMO.

Edited by Cosmo
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

I definitely thought it was fun and by default one of, if not the best in the past 5 years. It's definitely not for everyone though.

Spoiler

Chris Evan's Cameo was definitely the highlight/funnest moment. It was rumored ages ago he'd be playing Johnny Storm, but I'd forgot about it.

I expected Elecktra/Blade, but Gambit was the most interesting of the 3. It's a bit like Marvels version of Nicholas Cage playing Superman, but executed better. It did though feel like a satire on how it would have been a terrible idea if it had got made years ago.

It feels like Deadpool/Logan/X-Men films all exist within their own continuity now. I think they're pretending New Mutants that few saw didn't happen.

In terms things I think they should cut - the Deadpool variants and the fight scene. It kind of lowers the movie imo and is a bit too silly, plus it doesn't make any sense. I didn't know who Blake Lively was and I don't think most people would have known it was her without looking online afterwards. I completely missed Matthew McConaughey as well, until I read about it online.

One concern though, they really ought not to look at this like they did Thor: Ragnarok and commission a bunch of zany wacky comedies. More Love and Thunder, The Marvels and Quantumania type films is not what the franchise needs right now.

They also need to escape the hurdle of New World Order next year, which was another put into development quite a while back before the fanbase/audiences didn't react well to these films. I know it won't be a comedy, but honestly Anthony Mackie is full on secondary role in a TV show energy. It's a big gamble expecting him lead a film which isn't going to be a big ensemble piece and the early whispers about the film weren't good.

Just saw Deadpool & Wolverine. I liked it. It’s the weakest of the three Deadpool movies, but the best mcu movie we’ve had in a good while. It handles its cameos with more care than Multiverse of Madness did (though I don’t hate that movie as much as everyone else did). End credit sequence was very emotional.

I guess my only major complaint is that there were a bunch of continuity errors, though I guess that’s always been the case with most of the Fox-era films.

22 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

It’s been confirmed now that Avengers 5 is now called Avengers: Doomsday and that Dr Doom is gonna be a Tony Stark variant (with Robert Downey Jr returning). So no more Kang.

Interesting...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

It’s been confirmed now that Avengers 5 is now called Avengers: Doomsday and that Dr Doom is gonna be a Tony Stark variant (with Robert Downey Jr returning). So no more Kang.

My first thought was that's desperate if real when I read your comment and the first comment I read on reddit seconds later was the same.

Yes it'll work and it'll be a box office success, but where are you going after this? They pressed the panic button for bring back Chris Evans/Robert Downery Jr. before they've even reached Secret Wars.

Honestly I think the writing of Kang (the most famous incarnation of the character) in Quantumania as a c-tier character who got easily beaten by a 3rd tier Marvel character in a bad comedy movie was a big issue than Majors issues. They could have recast him if they hadn't made that film, instead Kang Dynasty seemed like a bad idea.

An interesting thing about the Downey Jr. thing as Doom, is it wasn't a major rumour. People thought they'd try to bring him back and Doom would show up at some point, but not like this.

Here's my guess

- Captain America tanks at the box office for a MCU film. 

- Avengers 5 makes like 3 billion at the box office.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1